1080p wipes (image dissolve transitions)

This section is for people to post assets that people can use in their games. Everything here should have a creative commons or other open license, or be in the public domain.
Westeford
Regular
Completed: 12 Hours to Die
Projects: Project Premonition
itch: westeford

Re: 1080p wipes (image dissolve transitions)

#16 Post by Westeford »

That was fast. Thanks you very much!

Andredron
Miko-Class Veteran

#17 Post by Andredron »

Kia wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:59 am Here's my attempt: one glass shatter, well the cracking part to be more precise.
https://youtu.be/KazRu0Y_Wz0
and one shot by bullet:
https://youtu.be/OWCEPBWF-I8
the animations are smoother that what you can see in these videos, my computer isn't that powerful to capture a smooth video while the game is running.

check the attachment, add the images to your wipes folder alongside the previous ones and update the wipes.rpy in the same folder, then try "with shatter" and or "with shot" for your transition
Here are more images for transitions, more than 200 pieces

https://m.vk.com/doc189145553_441283151 ... c15f07b149

Kia
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: KiaAzad
Discord: Kia#6810

#18 Post by Kia »

Andredron wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:37 am Here are more images for transitions, more than 200 pieces
looks like a collection of transitions from old games, have you checked with their creators if it's ok to use them in a free or commercial project?
unfortunately they are not the right size or aspect ratio for the new renpy interface:
screenshot0020.png
of curse it's easy to scale them up and get them ready for use but I prefer to not touch files with iffy origin. plus, they are too low resolutions for my taste.
there are lots of transitions on internet but my intention is creating something high res and well balanced for use in renpy. ^_^

Andredron
Miko-Class Veteran

#19 Post by Andredron »

Kia wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:08 pm
Andredron wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:37 am Here are more images for transitions, more than 200 pieces
looks like a collection of transitions from old games, have you checked with their creators if it's ok to use them in a free or commercial project?
unfortunately they are not the right size or aspect ratio for the new renpy interface:
screenshot0020.png
of curse it's easy to scale them up and get them ready for use but I prefer to not touch files with iffy origin. plus, they are too low resolutions for my taste.
there are lots of transitions on internet but my intention is creating something high res and well balanced for use in renpy. ^_^
naturally that they do not fit, they have a resolution of 800 to 600. When that long ago when novelti and onscripter were the leaders the guy posted in the forum

Kia
Eileen-Class Veteran

#20 Post by Kia »

got a request for simple round iris transitions today, here's the added transitions: roundin, roundout
and two additional ones: ringsin, ringsout

check the attachment, add the images to your wipes folder alongside the previous ones and update the wipes.rpy in the same folder, then try "with shatter" and or "with shot" for your transition
Attachments
wipes.zip
updated, correcting sharp edges
(367.07 KiB) Downloaded 284 times
Last edited by Kia on Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:27 am, edited 4 times in total.

Offworlder
Regular

#21 Post by Offworlder »

You are absolutely amazing, Kia! How are you able to make these so fast? @_@
I did notice that "in" is apparently a code of some sort, so the name of the file needs to be changed for "circle in" and "rings in" to work. I just removed the space and everything worked as intended! Of course, the name has to be updated in "wipes.rpy" as well. I'm a complete novice, so I didn't realize that at first and wondered why it still wasn't working.

Kia
Eileen-Class Veteran

#22 Post by Kia »

Offworlder wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:29 pm You are absolutely amazing, Kia! How are you able to make these so fast? @_@
I did notice that "in" is apparently a code of some sort, so the name of the file needs to be changed for "circle in" and "rings in" to work. I just removed the space and everything worked as intended! Of course, the name has to be updated in "wipes.rpy" as well. I'm a complete novice, so I didn't realize that at first and wondered why it still wasn't working.
thank you, it's really not that big of deal, most of the time I spend on them is refining little details.
I've updated the zip file with the new images and the new script files, I think these are the limit of how sharp I can create them using photoshop while keeping the file size reasonable, download, test and see if they look right.

Offworlder
Regular

#23 Post by Offworlder »

Kia wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:09 pm thank you, it's really not that big of deal, most of the time I spend on them is refining little details.
I've updated the zip file with the new images and the new script files, I think these are the limit of how sharp I can create them using photoshop while keeping the file size reasonable, download, test and see if they look right.
I've tested both the new "roundin" and the new "roundout".
While the edges are definitely a bit less distorted than before, they're not completely smooth/crisp.

I'm sorry if I sound picky, especially since you're doing this for free. D:
I want to use these transitions you put work into. I've watched the animation dozens of times, but it's always distractingly noticeable to my eyes that the circles aren't smooth. Especially since all of the other transitions (both yours and the built-in) have sharper lines.

If it's possible to make these transitions looks smoother with a larger file size, I'd be happy to use that!
If not, I appreciate you trying either way. You've been a huge help, both with this request and by providing fantastic transitions in the first place.

Kia
Eileen-Class Veteran

#24 Post by Kia »

oh, sorry I was testing few things and I forgot to return the edges to normal, replace the .rpy file with the one I attached and the edges should look sharp
Attachments
wipes.rpy
(3.61 KiB) Downloaded 268 times

Offworlder
Regular

#25 Post by Offworlder »

That's definitely much smoother! Seriously, thank you so much for creating these. Even though it may not seem like a big deal to you, it honestly means a lot to me. I look forward to using your transitions in my game, and I'll be sure to credit you!

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

#26 Post by AsHLeX »

Woah these are amazing <3 Thank you very much for sharing :) :)
New demo out 24/12/23!!

Alvsvartr
Soundcloud: nebelwand-ua

#27 Post by Alvsvartr »

Kia, thank you! Transitions are terrific!
Tell me please, is it possible to add the last wipes.rpy and partially adding the images?

Kia
Eileen-Class Veteran

#28 Post by Kia »

Alvsvartr wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:57 am Kia, thank you! Transitions are terrific!
Tell me please, is it possible to add the last wipes.rpy and partially adding the images?
sure, you can select any of the transitions you want and remove the rest to keep your game size smaller, you can check the names inside the .rpy file

Alvsvartr
Soundcloud: nebelwand-ua

#29 Post by Alvsvartr »

Thank you! Working with transitions is pleasure now =)
Would you be so kind to provide some help concerning "circleirisout" and "circleirisin" transitions. Those which I've found are using one circle. Is it possible to make the transition similar to closing-opening eyes? Maybe there is such wipe among those you've made but I've overlooked it.

Kia
Eileen-Class Veteran

#30 Post by Kia »

Alvsvartr wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:55 am Is it possible to make the transition similar to closing-opening eyes?
I'm not sure if I included this one or not, in any case, here's one resembling an eye:
eye.png