██ Konett's Sprites [Small Update: 16 July]

This section is for people to post assets that people can use in their games. Everything here should have a creative commons or other open license, or be in the public domain.
LauritaKnight

Re: ██ Konett's Sprites [Small Update: 23 July]

#16 Post by LauritaKnight »

Hey, I know they are in a different topic, however I thought it's best to post here, I absolutely adore your backgrounds, the colors are very, beautiful =)
It's going to be my first time trying to create a VN and I'm really bad at art but good at writing and coding, so, honestly I think its really nice of you to create sprites and such for free use.
Can I edit some of your characters? by that I mean colors and such, credit will definitely be given to you for everything though!

ResonanceGames
Projects: Project: STAR SHINE
Organization: Resonant Eclipse Studio
Deviantart: EdgeSymphonia

#17 Post by ResonanceGames »

Thank you very much! I like it!

ProfessorMoony
Projects: Free! Iwatobi Swim Club VN
Tumblr: books-tea-yaoi
Deviantart: AccioMoony
Soundcloud: ProfessorMoony

#18 Post by ProfessorMoony »

These are really incredible! Thanks so much for making them:))

Chertenok_199

#19 Post by Chertenok_199 »

Hello😊 Your sprites are really amazing! I like them very much. I want to make an otome game about summer vacations and if you make some sprites in summer clothes and swimsuits it could be fantastic😍 If my request is too difficult or you don't like it, just ignore me, please. Sorry, if my message sounds too overconfident😳

ResonanceGames
Projects: Project: STAR SHINE
Organization: Resonant Eclipse Studio
Deviantart: EdgeSymphonia

#20 Post by ResonanceGames »

Do you have any PSD files that separates the hair, face, etc.?

I'm testing Live2D software.

xKairi
Regular

#21 Post by xKairi »

Hi! I love these sprites so much! Thanks so much for sharing them :D I was wondering if you give permission to alter the colors tho? I'd like to make Marina's hair black to match my own black locks XD

konett
Regular
Projects: White Lie, Witching Tower, Tropichu!
Tumblr: cosmickonett
Deviantart: konett
itch: konett

#22 Post by konett »

Hello everyone. Just dropping a message that I've been uploading most of my resources on itch.io (free and paid ones that were created due to the support of my Patreon).

I'll be uploading all the content I've made/will make on there, but I'll leave a message here when I have more CC content to share.
I am currently working on a single free male sprite, and it should be done somewhere next week.

zhaie
Regular
Completed: After Guardian Angel, Rewound 101, Ano What? Why Bakit??
Projects: The Love -Box- Challenge, Mangmankit
Organization: z-ish prouductions
IRC Nick: zairen
Tumblr: zishp
Deviantart: zhaiechan
Soundcloud: zhaie
itch: zhaieyuemn

Re: ██ Konett's Sprites [Small Update: 16 July]

#23 Post by zhaie »

I so LOVE the Marina Sprite OMG ;A;

Luxa
Regular

#24 Post by Luxa »

Hi I would love to use some of these sprites but I have trouble with the files, I opened them with gimp but I have no idea how to use it. How can I get the different expressions and make individual sprites out of them? I know it's stupid to ask such a question but I have no experience with .psd, can someone help me please?

konett
Regular
Projects: White Lie, Witching Tower, Tropichu!
Tumblr: cosmickonett
Deviantart: konett
itch: konett

#25 Post by konett »

Luxa wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:19 am Hi I would love to use some of these sprites but I have trouble with the files, I opened them with gimp but I have no idea how to use it. How can I get the different expressions and make individual sprites out of them? I know it's stupid to ask such a question but I have no experience with .psd, can someone help me please?
The files as split into folders and each folder holds layers with the face parts within them. You can make the layer invisible/visible by clicking the eye icon next to the layer in the layer dock. When you have the expression you want, you save it as a .png and use it in your game. I am not familiar gimp, so it might be benificial to look up the basic functionality of the program on their site, or on youtube. Hope this helps!

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#26 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Luxa wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:19 am Hi I would love to use some of these sprites but I have trouble with the files, I opened them with gimp but I have no idea how to use it. How can I get the different expressions and make individual sprites out of them? I know it's stupid to ask such a question but I have no experience with .psd, can someone help me please?
As a user of GIMP, I have had no trouble with using .psd files for sprite dolls (in fact, you can actually make .psd files with GIMP). Be sure that the "Layers, Channels, Paths" etc. window is opened, then you'll be able to see the layers and as Konett, you can make visible and invisible the layers with the eye beside it. One way to open the dock if you have most likely closed it is go to Windows > Recently Closed Docks. It should show up on the list. Hope this helps~
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

Luxa
Regular

#27 Post by Luxa »

Kokoro Hane wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:39 am
As a user of GIMP, I have had no trouble with using .psd files for sprite dolls (in fact, you can actually make .psd files with GIMP). Be sure that the "Layers, Channels, Paths" etc. window is opened, then you'll be able to see the layers and as Konett, you can make visible and invisible the layers with the eye beside it. One way to open the dock if you have most likely closed it is go to Windows > Recently Closed Docks. It should show up on the list. Hope this helps~
konett wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:19 am
The files as split into folders and each folder holds layers with the face parts within them. You can make the layer invisible/visible by clicking the eye icon next to the layer in the layer dock. When you have the expression you want, you save it as a .png and use it in your game. I am not familiar gimp, so it might be benificial to look up the basic functionality of the program on their site, or on youtube. Hope this helps!
Thanks, you helped me a lot

zhaie
Regular
Completed: After Guardian Angel, Rewound 101, Ano What? Why Bakit??
Projects: The Love -Box- Challenge, Mangmankit
Organization: z-ish prouductions
IRC Nick: zairen
Tumblr: zishp
Deviantart: zhaiechan
Soundcloud: zhaie
itch: zhaieyuemn

#28 Post by zhaie »

Hello Konett, I absolutely love your artworks.
Do you happen to do comish for the backgrounds? Thanks!

Soliloquy
Regular

#29 Post by Soliloquy »

Beautiful work! I don't have a place for these, but I hope that someone somewhere does! ^^

Xaneath

#30 Post by Xaneath »

Wow! I'm using the "Marina" sprite for a short project (noncommercial, don't worry!) and I love working with her; she expresses emotion very clearly. I was wondering, is there any possibility of a "tear" toggle for her? It's the only thing I can think of that would make her better at the moment!
(I'm also trying to work the Teals in as background characters, but it's pretty hard in a VN based entirely around the MC and one other character...)