Game Scripts Open to Read?

This section is for people to post assets that people can use in their games. Everything here should have a creative commons or other open license, or be in the public domain.
calmdownchristina
Tumblr: calmitdownchristina
Deviantart: calmdownchristina

Game Scripts Open to Read?

#1 Post by calmdownchristina »

I am attempting to move from more basic coding to advanced, and have found the example VN's from Renpy's tutorials to be helpful in putting together seemingly disconnected information. However, it only goes so far since the example games are pretty basic.

I haven't quite figured out the deal with open license games and how/if you can access the game scripts to read as examples. Is there any way/place to read or find example scripts from longer or more choice-filled visual novels than the brief tutorials?

Thank you!

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

Re: Game Scripts Open to Read?

#2 Post by noeinan »

Hey, I dunno if it's exactly what you're looking for but I have an open source "quickstart" that has a lot of the more moderate-advanced programming in it that beginner coders often have a hard time with. I made it since I have an easier time learning by viewing and tweaking existing code rather than just reading documents. It also has a tutorial on some of the code, with screenshots. Feel free to check it out if you're still looking!

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=22393