P&Y's CC sprites [CC-nC-sA]

This section is for people to post assets that people can use in their games. Everything here should have a creative commons or other open license, or be in the public domain.
Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pervert&Yandere, Stalker&Yandere
Projects: Roses Of The Thorn Prince

P&Y's CC sprites [CC-nC-sA]

#1 Post by Mammon »

Hi,

my name is Mammonn and I recently released my very first game 'Pervert&Yandere'. Being an avid supporter or Free-to-use, I've decided to give everyone and anyone free access to the assets used in my game if they want. These assets fall under the CreativeCommons-NonCommercial-ShareAlike license, and if you're working on a commercial project you can always PM me to debate those terms. (P.S. this will also be for any future projects of mine and Yuuki has made the vastly superior sprites of Stalker&Yandere creative common as well, to be found on her CC thread.)

Now, I have to warn you that I myself am no renowned artist. In fact, I made all of these sprites by mouse and with no previous experience in drawing digitally. 'Then why would I want these sprites?' you might ask? Well, that's simple.

Because of the sheer QUANTITY!

If there's one thing my collection of sprites has that most other CC resources lack, it's the sheer and unrelentless quantity in expression combinations and sprites in roughly the same art style. So if you're making a project with CC art resources and you have a lot of characters you want to portray or a great variety of emotions you want to display, then this is the collection for you! (Unless you're fine with using various sprites from different resources with many different art styles, of course.)

I can offer you a total of:

9 quality sprites with the minimum of:
-2 poses or outfits
-3 different eyebrows (normal, sad, angry, frowning)
-4 different mouths (at the very least smile, sad, hey! and laugh)
-4 different eyes (usually normal, scared, looking sideways, looking down)

8 slightly less quality sprites that don't meet the asthetic values of the first 11 sprites.

(and 6 old versions that are added for form but look terrible. Let's not talk about those.)

Do you want to get all the sprites downloaded in one go in .png files instead of hand-picking them yourself in Krita and converting them all into .png? Well, then click this link instead. This file will allow you to get the files all in one go and all in the same size of 750x1000 pixels. It does require you to be willing to change your ren'py game into that screen size like this in your option.rpy file (Because P&Y is a mess in all these things, including resolution.):

Code: Select all

## These control the width and height of the screen.

config.screen_width = 1000
    config.screen_height = 750
, or just change the file size of the sprites at the cost of resolution.)

However, if you select the .kra files, you can cherry-pick which expressions you want and you can change the sprites much easier because most of them are still pixelated without resolution fading, meaning it will be much easier for even amateur artists to adapt them. Also, you'll be able to quickly visualise any expression and create full sprites instead of the ones in the .png's. I'm not sure with what other drawing programs you can open those files, but Krita is free so that shouldn't be much of a problem.

But who cares about all this boring practical stuff? Let's get to the sprites!

ImageImage
In the Mid-high quality sprites:
My masterpiece, Vanessa. She has a whooping 9 outfits and two poses, 4 eyebrows, 8 mouths and 9 eyes. Even without the effects like blushing, crying etc., that's a total of 18*288 expressions! Look at that, isn't she adorable? Now imagine her in 4 different normal outfits, a bikini, a maid outfit, or with nothing but panties and a t-shirt.

Richard/Richard-full Richard is a bit of a special case, he has the most expressions(>320) because he was the protagonist, but only two basic outfits in his full body sprite. (The two files are in the same size, so you can easily copy paste the expressions from the head-only into the body).

ImageImage
Alex, a young mischievous boy with 5 outfits in two poses, with >140 expressions

Alex-bikiniI wonder what it says about me that the special bikini sprite of the crossdressing girl got the most expressions(>220) aside from the two most important characters of the game? Ah, who cares?

ImageImage
Bunny comes with a regular and 'sexy' pose and a bikini sprite, offering >170 expressions

Rachel was designed as a tsundere character but she works well as a normal, cute girl as well. Rachel has two poses, a bikini sprite and >100 expressions.

ImageImageImage
Kim. A bit more mature, and a headstrong lady, Kim has two poses and >60 expressions

Charles. Due to the tragic events that befell his character, Charles does not only have 2 poses and >30 expressions, but also a dirty, beaten and tired version of those.

As the handsome bad boy, Joseph comes with 2 outfits, 2 poses and 20 expressions, although he is kinda bending the rules of the quality requirements by having only one set of eyes.

The low quality sprites:
ImageImageImage
Cloe only comes in a single pose bikini sprite, but does offer >90 expressions

Emilia only has 6 expressions, but that's still more than the amount of lines she had in the game...

A librarian girl.It's actually quite surprising she has 12 expressions to begin with, considering she doesn't even appear in the game.

ImageImage
Daniella's actual range of expressions and characteristic is a bit limited, but technically she does offer >30 expressions.

Frank won't lend himself for more than a mama's boy or a push-over character, but he'll still offer >30 expressions

ImageImageImage
Ms. Aberdeen is an old lady, but you can easily use her for an old man too. Only comes with three expressions, two of which are jokes.

Ms. Supou is a nice old lady with 6 expressions, although you might want to use the .png folder for this one due to the reduced resolution of one of the layers...

Simon Feeling angsty? Or will anything spooky-ish do? Try Simon and his >6 expressions.

I won't show you the old version sprites, and don't expect much of them. These are outdated sprites I never really used and simply didn't throw away. But maybe there's someone who has a need for them.

P.S. If you want to use any of the CG in my game, feel free to take them from the game folder or PM me. I might be able to supply you with the original .kra with layers and everything depending on which CG it is. (All the music and backgrounds are also CC, but by other people so check the credits for them.)
Last edited by Mammon on Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?

nekobara
Regular

Re: High quantity Vanessalicious sprites! [CC-nC-sA]

#2 Post by nekobara »

Now, your use of 'pervect' may not have been so corny...but Vanessalicious? Definitely! It's probably a good thing that you didn't put that into the game. Haha.

Anyway, why was the redhead you deemed 'Librarian girl' not included in the game?! She's so cute! I understand that you may have wanted to cut out 'unnecessary scenes', but still, it's sad that such a cute girl never got to make her debut. :(
*meow*

Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by Mammon »

nekobara wrote:Now, your use of 'pervect' may not have been so corny...but Vanessalicious? Definitely!

Anyway, why was the redhead you deemed 'Librarian girl' not included in the game?! She's so cute! I understand that you may have wanted to cut out 'unnecessary scenes', but still, it's sad that such a cute girl never got to make her debut. :(
Actually, I did say Vanessalicious in one place; in the Bonus scene where I told the audience that all the sprites are CC. I've used a word that is used nowhere else in this forum and will most likely never be used anywhere else in the future either. It's a good way to find this thread if it were ever to sink to the depths of the forum.

And I myself am also struck with sadness that Librarian girl never made it in. As Charles' girlfriend and the girl who Richard used for his alibi-scheme, I expected her to make it into the game easily. But she just never made an appearance. It's a testament of how much of a quiet and shy girl she is. But if anyone wants to give her an appearance, she's in these CC for a reason...
Last edited by Mammon on Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?

nekobara
Regular

#4 Post by nekobara »

In a...bonus scene... I want to bang my head on a table for missing that. Give me a gigantic, purple bruise, or give me death!

I think there should be a limit to how forgetful one person can be... Especially since I just played the game not too long ago...

Oy! I'm losing it!

As for the little librarian with the lovely red locks, she will be missed...
*meow*

King-sama
Veteran
Deviantart: Treepastry

#5 Post by King-sama »

I can't believe the number of expressions! O.o huge

Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by Mammon »

Jup, if only the sprites themselves were looking good too...
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?

King-sama
Veteran

#7 Post by King-sama »

Mammon wrote:Jup, if only the sprites themselves were looking good too...
They are good looking! It's the lineart and coloring/colors that's need improvement:) are you using a mouse?
Also, I just realized that Emilia looks like a trans female lol

Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by Mammon »

King-sama wrote:They are good looking! It's the lineart and coloring/colors that's need improvement:) are you using a mouse?
Wait, aside from the lineart and coloring, what else is there to making sprites? And yes, I'm using a mouse. But I'm open for critique, pointers and suggestions.
King-sama wrote:Also, I just realized that Emilia looks like a trans female lol
Aw, poor Emilia. If anyone wants to use her for that it's fine, though.
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?

King-sama
Veteran

#9 Post by King-sama »

Mammon wrote:Wait, aside from the lineart and coloring, what else is there to making sprites? And yes, I'm using a mouse. But I'm open for critique, pointers and suggestions.
Lol what I meant is that the whole drawing itself is good, like how you drew the head shape, mouth, hair everything, but, the lines are not smooth like how it would look like if you used a tablet. This is an example--> http://orig02.deviantart.net/b0af/f/201 ... 6ln5v2.png the lines in the left one look smoother. Smoother lines make your drawings appealing~

About the colors, they would look nicer if you choosed the colors consistent to each others, so instead of using the same color with different values--> http://www.learn2paint.info/wp-content/ ... value1.jpg use it like this --> https://www.mitchr.me/SS/exampleR/rcode ... port-1.png

And lastly about coloring, it would look nicer if you added airbrushing with the cell shading, right now your shading seem to just be cell shading. I dont have good examples for it..
Aw, poor Emilia. If anyone wants to use her for that it's fine, though.
Yeah, I don't think there's any of these yet lol Don't worry Emilia you are still pretty XD

Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by Mammon »

I have been trying my hand at some new techniques a few months ago, I'll drag those efforts back up...
King-sama wrote:what I meant is that the whole drawing itself is good, like how you drew the head shape, mouth, hair everything, but, the lines are not smooth like how it would look like if you used a tablet. Smoother lines make your drawings appealing~
I don't have a tablet, but I've tried a half-way solution of drawing it manually and then tracing over it. Couldn't do that back when I made these sprites because I didn't have a proper camera at the time, but I've since switched phones. The coloring is unchanged, but: (Please ignore the furry elements and I know the hand looks terrible.)(Click image to enlarge)
But I've already seen the extra effort isn't really that impressive. I made the outlines thicker and varying in size rather than one thickness, but it barely shows.
King-sama wrote:About the colors, they would look nicer if you choosed the colors consistent to each others, And lastly about coloring, it would look nicer if you added airbrushing with the cell shading, right now your shading seem to just be cell shading.
Oh, nice link. Choosing the colors is real hard for me because I can't see it as a ground level rather than the final product. But I'm trying to improve, which isn't hard because there's plenty of room for improvement. Banya also commented on it some time ago and I tried something new. (again you can click image to enlarge)

beforeImageafterImage

Although don't expect too much to happen in the near future. These are from a month or so ago, right now I'm focussed on NaNoRenO (and fortunately I'm none of the artists). But in the further future I might re-upload P&Y with better sprites and update these CC sprites.
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?

King-sama
Veteran

#11 Post by King-sama »

Mammon wrote:I have been trying my hand at some new techniques a few months ago, I'll drag those efforts back up...

I don't have a tablet, but I've tried a half-way solution of drawing it manually and then tracing over it. Couldn't do that back when I made these sprites because I didn't have a proper camera at the time, but I've since switched phones. The coloring is unchanged, but: (Please ignore the furry elements and I know the hand looks terrible.)(Click image to enlarge)
But I've already seen the extra effort isn't really that impressive. I made the outlines thicker and varying in size rather than one thickness, but it barely shows.
I actually think the lines looks better this way with the thickness varieties, but I still say tablet will give better results
Mammon wrote:Oh, nice link. Choosing the colors is real hard for me because I can't see it as a ground level rather than the final product. But I'm trying to improve, which isn't hard because there's plenty of room for improvement. Banya also commented on it some time ago and I tried something new. (again you can click image to enlarge)
What you mean with ground level?
Have you ever seen color palettes before? Maybe if you used it it would help you (I learned how to choose colors with the help of them) you can search for color palettes for skin etc or a certain color palette

The after image looked better, but I think it a bit too bright (especially the shirt) ^^'
Although don't expect too much to happen in the near future. These are from a month or so ago, right now I'm focussed on NaNoRenO (and fortunately I'm none of the artists). But in the further future I might re-upload P&Y with better sprites and update these CC sprites.
It doesn't matter, we all take ages to improve. Good luck!

A side advice: no offense but, write shorter posts ^^' coz people get lazy

Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran

#12 Post by Mammon »

King-sama wrote:What you mean with ground level?
Have you ever seen color palettes before? Maybe if you used it it would help you (I learned how to choose colors with the help of them) you can search for color palettes for skin etc or a certain color palette
Basically the main color before adding lighter and darker shades to it is what I call the ground level... I don't know the technical terms. And I indeed have to look into the color palette thing, my own ability to pick colors sucks. (P.S. Not yet implemented in the below.)
King-sama wrote:A side advice: no offense but, write shorter posts ^^' coz people get lazy
You just summed up what I should've done and never did ever since coming to LSF. :lol: I know I should, and one day I might learn to be brief.

But for now @all: I've been working on a new style. The results I didn't like that much but still feel just good enough not to scrap entirely. And who knows, maybe someone else will like it? I've mainly been trying out making textures resemble in the coloring and how to make proper layers for clothes (harder than it sounds, as I found out.), and the new airbrushing I'm trying to learn.
Warning: One of the things I learned is that my computer cannot handle this much layers, so yours might not too.
Warning II: Not every piece of clothing is compatible with the others, take a good look at flaws.

ImageImage
ImageImage
This test sprite girl (.kra file) has quite a bit of diversion as you can see, though mediocre at best. on the plus side, she's got a nose. That's rare these days.
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?