Free HQ Sprites and Backgrounds (CC BY-NC 3.0)

This section is for people to post assets that people can use in their games. Everything here should have a creative commons or other open license, or be in the public domain.
FriendlySenpai
Regular
Projects: Daddy Lies, Novus Inceptum

Free HQ Sprites and Backgrounds (CC BY-NC 3.0)

#1 Post by FriendlySenpai »

I really want to turn something positive out of the horrendous stress that was put on me when two artists dipped on me, and when I struggled to find replacements for them, so I decided to release the character art and small handful of backgrounds that aren't going to make it into The Secrets We Keep. Sprites are done by Linh, backgrounds by Aeghite. Linh bailed on us after three years of working together, and Aeghite is super cool but the style just didn't flow with the replacement char artist :(

You have full permission to use these in non-commercial projects. Use them in game jams, test projects, as placeholders, icons, whatever. You can alter colours, draw new characteristics, and pretty much mess with them however you need to for them to fit into your story. I made sure to upload the sprites in Drive in a way that has all of the layers separate in case you don't want a character to have piercings or tattoos, want to change the placement of said mods, don't want the character to have scars or glasses, etc.

The only thing that I ask in return that you credit the assets back to Studio Senpai by either including our Twitter handle or website link in the game's credits.

Sprites

Download

Sprite A has three outfits (casual, barista, pajamas), piercings, and three poses Image
Sprite B has four outfits (emergency responder uniform, workout, casual, winter), piercings, tattoos, and four poses Image
Sprite C has two outfits (schoolgirl, barista) and one pose Image
Sprite D has two outfits (casual, barista) and one pose Image
Sprite E has one outfit (casual) and one pose Image
Sprite F has four outfits (pajamas, winter, summer, pull-ups) and four poses Image
Sprite G has one outfit (casual) and one pose Image

Backgrounds

Download

Living Room (1 Day, 1 Night) Image
Common Area Image
Grocery Store Image
Commercial Kitchen Image
Outdoor Deck Image
Playground Image
Bedroom Image

Neeka
Veteran
Completed: Hearts & Hexes; Winter Flower
Projects: Hearts and Hexes; Our Mountain; The Last Clan: Tale of Oni
Organization: Ostrich Burger Productions
IRC Nick: Neeka
itch: neeka-of-obp

Re: Free HQ Sprites and Backgrounds (CC BY-NC 3.0)

#2 Post by Neeka »

Thanks so much! (I'm sorry things didn't work out, but it's wonderful that you've decided to share these)

FriendlySenpai
Regular
Projects: Daddy Lies, Novus Inceptum

#3 Post by FriendlySenpai »

Neeka wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:57 pm Thanks so much! (I'm sorry things didn't work out, but it's wonderful that you've decided to share these)
Yeah I've been dragged to hell and back over this project, and we've basically had to completely start over on art two separate times, but I just... Don't want the financial and emotional investments to be for nothing, you know? If these assets just rot away in folders on my PC then it feels like the frustrations, money, and tears were for nothing. Might as well give other devs a way to bring small stories to life without having to sink thousands of dollars into them.

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#4 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Hello there! It is so nice of you to provide these lovely artworks! I used the sprite for the blue haired barista in my project "A Piece of Sweetness", she was just perfect for the game!
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=57645
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"