LimitElta's Free Assets

This section is for people to post assets that people can use in their games. Everything here should have a creative commons or other open license, or be in the public domain.
Elta
Regular
Tumblr: limitelta
Deviantart: limitelta
itch: limitelta

LimitElta's Free Assets

#1 Post by Elta »

Hello! Over time I would like to make a bunch of free assets for people to use. PLEASE read what license they are under. Even if it's similar it might have a different license. I only really tend to use CC BY 4.0 (meaning you must credit me), or more rarely CC0 1.0 Universal (meaning they are now public domain).
Most artwork (backgrounds and sprites) will always be CC BY 4.0 (meaning you must credit me).

I do NOT take requests!
Just putting that out there. I make these assets as I feel like it on my free time, so I do what I most feel like drawing~ I'll be adding more to this post as I make more available. Hoping to provide a variety of sprites and backgrounds for people to use. Anything else that might be of help I'll add here too.

Feel free to share these, just please make it clear if you repost, that people must credit "LimitElta" for any of my art.
I put heart into my art, so I would really appreciate being credited for it! 💗

Image Assets:
35 free backgrounds : CC BY 4.0
You must credit me when you use.

Sprite with 6 expressions : CC BY 4.0

Transitions:
17 Transitions : CC0 1.0 Universal
These are now part of the public domain.

Code:
Add Accessibility! : Please Read the page this links too.
Last edited by Elta on Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

isobellesophia
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: None
Projects: Maddox and Friends! (AI Teacher friend), Friendly Universities! (Soon)
Organization: Friendly Teachers series
Deviantart: SophBelle
itch: Child Creation

Re: LimitElta's Free Assets

#2 Post by isobellesophia »

Omg Elta! The accessiblity one is cool! I might gonna use it, thanks!
I am a friendly user, please respect and have a good day.

Elta
Regular

#3 Post by Elta »

isobellesophia wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:19 am Omg Elta! The accessiblity one is cool! I might gonna use it, thanks!
Thank you! It's thanks to others (that are listed on the itchio page that I was able to make it! It was hard figuring out how to put it all together, so I thought it might help others if I shared! I'm happy to hear it is useful!😊

isobellesophia
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Maddox and Friends! (AI Teacher friend), Friendly Universities! (Soon)

#4 Post by isobellesophia »

Elta wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:23 am
isobellesophia wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:19 am Omg Elta! The accessiblity one is cool! I might gonna use it, thanks!
Thank you! It's thanks to others (that are listed on the itchio page that I was able to make it! It was hard figuring out how to put it all together, so I thought it might help others if I shared! I'm happy to hear it is useful!😊
What about the screens.rpy? It is going to be ignored if i use it?

Just asking, might as well get some errors..

Elta
Regular

#5 Post by Elta »

isobellesophia wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:25 am
Elta wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:23 am
What about the screens.rpy? It is going to be ignored if i use it?

Just asking, might as well get some errors..
It's totally separate from the screens.rpy file. All you need to do after downloading is go into the game's "game" folder, copy the "accessibility.rpy" file to your own game's "game" folder, and follow the instructions in that file in your text editor. Make sure to also copy the "OpenDyslexic.ttf" to your game's "game" folder.

Be sure to read all the comments in the "accessibility.rpy" file carefully. (comments are the text with hashtags(#) before it.) Scroll down because there are more comments half way down the code. You'll need to add a few lines to the screens.rpy file, but the comments tell you where and what to add. Feel free to let me know if you need help!😄

isobellesophia
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by isobellesophia »

Ah i see.. thanks for the instructions! I've been looking for a setting like this but now i found it in a perfrct time. Thanks and have a good day. I might as well report soon as i encounter problems. ☺

Elta
Regular

#7 Post by Elta »

isobellesophia wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:30 am Ah i see.. thanks for the instructions! I've been looking for a setting like this but now i found it in a perfrct time. Thanks and have a good day. I might as well report soon as i encounter problems. ☺
No problem! Glad this can help you! 😄

Elta
Regular

#8 Post by Elta »

Added a sprite set!

Sprite with 6 expressions : CC BY 4.0