Free Outdoor Background Pack CC-BY

This section is for people to post assets that people can use in their games. Everything here should have a creative commons or other open license, or be in the public domain.
DollhouseRose
Regular
Completed: Graveyard Girls & Starlight Shores
Projects: Graveyard Girls & Starlight Shores
Organization: Delphinium Interactive
itch: tidalblossoms

Free Outdoor Background Pack CC-BY

#1 Post by DollhouseRose »

Hey fellow devs!

The Creative Commons section helped me get on my feet when it came to game development. Without it, my VN wouldn't exist.

Soooooo... I want to give back to this wonderful community :) Being a writer, that made things a bit more difficult. However, I've enjoyed amateur photography for many years. I put together a free outdoor background pack that contains North American scenery, including parks, rivers, and beaches.

You can download it here: https://tidalblossoms.itch.io/free-outd ... ackgrounds
itchiopromo.png
itchiopromo2.png
itchiopromo3.png
itchiopromo4.png
Here's all the info on the pack:

This BG pack contains 20 unique oil painting style scenes from various seasons.

Original photos taken by myself. However, they've been softened and slightly recolored in an editor. All files are in PNG format.

They can be easily resized to 1920x1080, 1280x720, etc. while maintaining the original aspect ratio.

I decided to release them as free-to-use because I've struggled to find outdoor backgrounds that suited my needs in the past!

Terms

These Backgrounds are free to use under the CC BY License.

You may edit them, use them in commercial projects, but you may NOT resell or redistribute them on their own or claim ownership over them. Crediting these Backgrounds to @TidalBlossoms on Twitter, or Delphinium Interactive is required. Please link me to visual novel projects that use these BGs, I'd love to see them!