[Group Play 11] Madaline's Misplaced Miscellany

A weekly event where a random games is played and discussed.
rasburn
Regular

Re: [Group Play 11] Madaline's Misplaced Miscellany

#31 Post by rasburn »

I quiet enjoyed this! :D The graphics are gorgeous and there was really variation in the rooms. The objects were hidden very well, and I really had to look to see stuff sometimes.

I mostly think the game is good as it is, but since this is a group play I'll give some suggestions
*There were some clues I think could apply to more than one object. For instance dollie in the attic (there were 2 dolls) and brown bear (there was one light brown and one dark brown).
*Maybe add themes to rooms? One room could have fewer goal objects, that are more difficult to find (like art deco flower and the mask). One room could have riddle clues, like "pointy things" (there was something like that?) or "something chilling" (the fan).
*Maybe add some sort of significance to the choices other than the order of rooms. Not sure what kind of choice that would be though :P

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 14 games released -- and Counting.
Organization: DarkErotica Games
Deviantart: OokamiKasumi

#32 Post by OokamiKasumi »

rasburn wrote:I quiet enjoyed this! :D The graphics are gorgeous and there was really variation in the rooms. The objects were hidden very well, and I really had to look to see stuff sometimes.
I'm glad you enjoyed playing it!
rasburn wrote:I mostly think the game is good as it is, but since this is a group play I'll give some suggestions
  • There were some clues I think could apply to more than one object.
For instance dollie in the attic (there were 2 dolls) and brown bear (there was one light brown and one dark brown).
Oops... I definitely need to think before I name something.
rasburn wrote:
  • Maybe add themes to rooms?
One room could have fewer goal objects, that are more difficult to find (like art deco flower and the mask). One room could have riddle clues, like "pointy things" (there was something like that?) or "something chilling" (the fan).
Oh... Excellent ideas!
-- There was a item called: Sharp Pointies. It was in the My Bedroom list.
rasburn wrote:
  • Maybe add some sort of significance to the choices other than the order of rooms.
Not sure what kind of choice that would be though :P
I pondered on that, but my skills in game-craft and thinking in terms of multiple paths was still very new at the time.
Ookami Kasumi ~ Purveyor of fine Smut.
Most recent Games Completed: For ALL my completed games visit: DarkErotica Games

"No amount of great animation will save a bad story." -- John Lasseter of Pixar

cuttlefish
Regular

#33 Post by cuttlefish »

The music was relaxing, and I enjoyed playing this game. Haha, I didn't know it was just a hidden object game and was expecting to mull over the choices. Having to identify lepidopterans was a bit unexpected, but I already knew a few so I could guess the rest.

My only gripes are the description "other lollypop" (in the sitting room?), and how there might be more than one object in a room that seems to fit the bill but doesn't (ex. tea --> teacup or teapots). I got past these parts without the helpful hint option, though.

Thank you for the game, and nice credits ; )

SusanTheCat
Miko-Class Veteran

#34 Post by SusanTheCat »

I am working on the coed to have multiples of the same object: e.g. Lollipop X 2

Susan
" It's not at all important to get it right the first time. It's vitally important to get it right the last time. "
— Andrew Hunt and David Thomas

cuttlefish
Regular

#35 Post by cuttlefish »

SusanTheCat wrote:I am working on the code to have multiples of the same object: e.g. Lollipop X 2
Oh, cool. I guess this would allow other matching-description objects to qualify as "correct" when clicked on?

SusanTheCat
Miko-Class Veteran

#36 Post by SusanTheCat »

Yep. And allow games like "Find all 10 kittens"

Susan
" It's not at all important to get it right the first time. It's vitally important to get it right the last time. "
— Andrew Hunt and David Thomas

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 14 games released -- and Counting.
Organization: DarkErotica Games
Deviantart: OokamiKasumi

#37 Post by OokamiKasumi »

SusanTheCat wrote:Yep. And allow games like "Find all 10 kittens"
-- Susan
Kitten Hunt...!
-- I would gladly stretch finding kittens across an entire game.
Ookami Kasumi ~ Purveyor of fine Smut.
Most recent Games Completed: For ALL my completed games visit: DarkErotica Games

"No amount of great animation will save a bad story." -- John Lasseter of Pixar