Lennonhead's Art Topic (requests closed)

Art threads specific to a single artist.
Version
Regular
Projects: On Hiatus

Re: Lennonhead's Art Topic

#31 Post by Version »

xDDD "And also my age.. changed?" reaction: Ohmygodthisisthebestfanfictionever.
I know I've said it before, but I'm going to say it again: I love your art.
And I'm totally stalking your tumblr xD
Omo, omo, omo, aigoo.
Sorry for all of these: [!!!!]

Lennonhead
Regular
Projects: "Hinomaru", "I'm Not His Friend"

#32 Post by Lennonhead »

@ Lumen_Astrum: Thank you! At first, I was very bad at it (I didn't do much fingerpainting early in life I guess) but, with practice, my skill has grown considerably. Plus, I have quite a steady hand. :3

@ sonone: Hehehe, thank you very much!

@ Omnificent: Yeah, Homestuck's cool. *still prefers Problem Sleuth* Hehehe, interesting comment there! Modern cartoons are pretty much at the bottom of my influence list. :3 Now that I think of it, I do see a similarity with some!

@ Leah: Thanks! I try my best to include a variety of noses, hmhmhm.

@ Dee: Thank you! I quite like Gorillaz. And yes, MSPA fanart is so fun to draw. ^o^

@ Rewritten Ennui: Wow, thank you so much! And don't worry, drawing those psycho killer smiles is my favorite part, hahaha!

@ Version: Thank you! Ah, if only there was such fanfic for those two~ Thank you for following me!

Forgot to post some things last time! My animations!

Both gifs have seperately hand-drawn frames, drawn on plain white printer paper and scanned into the computer and turned into a .gif in GIMP.

A gift for a couple.

Problem Sleuth: victory dance!

Also, because I got a bucketfull of comments, here is my incredibly kawaii facesmoosh:

Thank so much, everyone! Maybe I should take such long breaks more often~

emovampire1
Projects: Truth or Dare

#33 Post by emovampire1 »

i like ur art style <3 =] its so deviant and interesting! It seems more cartoon than anime, but its still really good. Ur awesum =]

Rewritten Ennui
Veteran
Organization: TwinTurtle Games

#34 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

Lennonhead wrote:Image

Problem Sleuth: victory dance!
Goddamnit, I'm actually trying to finish Problem Sleuth myself >_> It melts mah brain so much, but this .gif is made of pure win. PURE WIN. Maybe I'll actually try to finish PS so I can move on to Homestuck. Then again, can my poor head take all of that? D:

I repeat: you are the embodiment of awesome.
I've swapped accounts to CheeryMoya, so this account is no longer in use. Refer to the new account if you want to contact me.

Twinturtle Games Website

Lennonhead
Regular

#35 Post by Lennonhead »

@ emovampire1: Thank you very much! Glad you like my work!

@ Rewritten Ennui: The thing with Problem Sleuth is, it's not supposed to make much sense. Don't overthink it, or you'll get confused! It's as though you're watching an old cartoon, you don't want to think "How can he continue walking off a cliff and into the air without falling, until he realises it?" So, enjoy the jokes at the foremost. Homestuck is more focused on plot and characters rather than Weird Puzzle Shit®, but it also makes more sense, I think.

With Homestuck though, almost nothing is made completely clear... Hmm.

I like Problem Sleuth the most. *unpopular opinion* There's just something about it.

Anyways, Nothing new here, but I think I'm going to work on an animation soon. It's probably not going to be hand-drawn though!

Omnificent
Veteran
Projects: FA:NG, ???

#36 Post by Omnificent »

Yeah, I probably picked up the American cartoon influence idea from the MS Paint Adventures-inspired stuff, which in turn is more American-cartoon style. I picked up MSPA as Problem Sleuth was ending myself, so I still have a soft spot for that.

Speaking of which, that Problem Sleuth dance is a thing of beauty and you should make a series.
Forever Alone: Nerds the Gathering - A brotome game. (Nerdy Valentine's Day Card and small status update 2/14/14)
Night at the Hospital - Maiden voyage of Team Snugglebunny
Skylessia: Tale of the Boon - Epic fantasy whatsit, currently on hiatus.
Viking Pipsqueak Productions Blog (under construction)

I occasionally frequently draw other people's characters. Now offering delinquentization, medievalization, and cyborgification. Hit me up in PM if you want sprites for your KN or non-ren'ai VN.

EVEN IF THE TENDONS OF MY THUMBS TEAR INTO NOTHINGNESS, EVEN IF I GO NEARSIGHTED FROM STARING TOO HARD AT THE SCREEN, EVEN IF MY BODY IS CLOSE TO COLLAPSE FROM THE 72 HOURS I HAVE GONE WITHOUT FOOD! I WILL DEFEAT YOU!

Lennonhead
Regular

#37 Post by Lennonhead »

Yeah. Those noodle limbs...

Karkat raging, Sollux talking, BL manga, and a quick doodle of John.

My friend, hereby known as Bespectacled Twit, finds Sollux’s lisp hot… I had to break it to her, indirectly as it was.

More BL, a reformatted meme, and an extra Sollux drawing.

Bespectacled Twit wanted some Karkat/John and Karkat/Sollux, so I gave her that. She’s the fangirl screaming, by the way.

Lennonhead
Regular

#38 Post by Lennonhead »

A background-based image of a dense city.

Not really taking place anywhere in specific, but it's based on China. The writing on the signs is spur-of-the-moment nonsense.

Done to get in the groove of drawing backgrounds, I’m going to have to do some for my game of course. But this is just a sketch! Perspective? Scale? What’s that?

Stairs... This takes place closer to the top of the city than the previous image.

The girl ended up looking a bit like Aradia's ancestor, but that wasn't really planned.

Omnificent
Veteran

#39 Post by Omnificent »

Looks good to me, though I'm no perspective/scale expert myself. Have you ever inked any of your pencil-drawings? I think bold lines make your style look extra-dynamic/cool.
Forever Alone: Nerds the Gathering - A brotome game. (Nerdy Valentine's Day Card and small status update 2/14/14)

I occasionally frequently draw other people's characters. Now offering delinquentization, medievalization, and cyborgification. Hit me up in PM if you want sprites for your KN or non-ren'ai VN.

EVEN IF THE TENDONS OF MY THUMBS TEAR INTO NOTHINGNESS, EVEN IF I GO NEARSIGHTED FROM STARING TOO HARD AT THE SCREEN, EVEN IF MY BODY IS CLOSE TO COLLAPSE FROM THE 72 HOURS I HAVE GONE WITHOUT FOOD! I WILL DEFEAT YOU!

Lennonhead
Regular

#40 Post by Lennonhead »

Thank you! I ink things occasionally, you can find some in this very topic.

I just wanted to draw something, anything, so I did some fanart for something I hardly ever watch, That Guy With the Glasses. Nostalgia Critic, Nostalgia Chick, Linkara, and Marzgurl. The Chick ended up pretty derpy, sorry.

Drawn in MS Paint, colored in GIMP. The best of both worlds!

It's a long story. (That's me, by the way.)

Marvin the Martian appreciation station 2K11

Just a quick doodle of him.

Lennonhead
Regular

#41 Post by Lennonhead »

... Could I have some appreciation? :3c

"CAPTAIN STILES"

During Gym class one day, my friend and I were goofing off and pretending to shoot eachother with ray guns. The day I think that's stupid is the day I want to die, hahaha.

Snowman. I can't draw her well.

Tiny Toon Adventures gijinka.

Daffy and Bugs gijinka. My favorite of the two is Daffy, by the way.

Comments on this doodle potpourri can be found here: http://fujikothegreat.deviantart.com/ar ... -267489676

Trying to make my drawings less stiff, using my darling Mr. Hirasawa as my subject. The tall fellow is Katsuhiko Akiyama, a bandmate, and he's not really that tall, Mr. Hirasawa is merely short.

ooh mister hirasawa ooh

oh hi big bro

wazzup

Also Jun Togawa. I don't know what she's reacting to, I was going to draw her with something but I forgot on the way to the next class, haha.

Omnificent
Veteran

#42 Post by Omnificent »

I still have no idea who Hirasawa is, but your H!Looney Tunes are pretty great (I like Daffy and Bugs equally, expressions are dead-on). Makes me wonder what you'd do with inverse Elmer Fudd/Yosemite Sam.

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#43 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

You're awesome! :D
Those Bugs Bunny pics are amazing :)

Lennonhead
Regular

#44 Post by Lennonhead »

Omnificent: Thank you very much! Susumu Hirasawa is a singer I really like. If you've seen Paprika, or Paranoia Agent, by Satoshi Kon then you have heard some of his music. If you haven't, I highly suggest those two anime. :3

As for Elmer and Sam, I'm going to start thinking about what I'd do right now, hahaha!

Lumen_Astrum: Thank you!

Colored in one of the sketches. Shading... I don't like it.

Lennonhead
Regular

#45 Post by Lennonhead »

No comment.

Made for a joke about UFO abduction insurance over at another forum.