Lennonhead's Art Topic (requests closed)

Art threads specific to a single artist.
Lennonhead
Regular
Projects: "Hinomaru", "I'm Not His Friend"

Re: Lennonhead's Art Topic (will take requests, guys)

#61 Post by Lennonhead »

The above statement still applies.

At the end of his Kaku P-Model performance, somebody in the audience throws something at Mr. Hirasawa. It's an injoke with friends that it was an overzealous fangirl throwing her underwear.

Also, Mr. Hirasawa's hypothetical teenage problems.

With Jun Togawa.

Imitating other artists.

Genderswap.

Assorted P-Model.

Mr. Hirasawa apparently still uses Amiga computers.

I saw a doujinshi that went pretty much like this.

Lennonhead
Regular

Re: Lennonhead's Art Topic (In need of feedback, any kind)

#62 Post by Lennonhead »

Gee, thanks.

Got two VERY attractive pieces of fanart from a certain fandom bigwig, MG, and thanks from others for that style imitation thing! Wow, very flattering.

Sketches in preperation for a comic. Basically, finalising how I draw Nakano and Akimoto, with other things.

I think Akimoto ended up too handsome. (That was a joke.)

I apologise, I'll be sure to provide some animu girls in the next post. In the meantime, please say something about what is here, haha! Any requests will be done when I have truly free time.

Omnificent
Veteran
Projects: FA:NG, ???

#63 Post by Omnificent »

I dunno mang, your art is radical and expressive and unique, but the subject of Japanese electronica band members is so obscure that I have no idea what else to say about it. D: For the imitating other artists part it'd help to have links to examples of the artists' work you're imitating so that there's a frame of reference for how close you got.
Forever Alone: Nerds the Gathering - A brotome game. (Nerdy Valentine's Day Card and small status update 2/14/14)
Night at the Hospital - Maiden voyage of Team Snugglebunny
Skylessia: Tale of the Boon - Epic fantasy whatsit, currently on hiatus.
Viking Pipsqueak Productions Blog (under construction)

I occasionally frequently draw other people's characters. Now offering delinquentization, medievalization, and cyborgification. Hit me up in PM if you want sprites for your KN or non-ren'ai VN.

EVEN IF THE TENDONS OF MY THUMBS TEAR INTO NOTHINGNESS, EVEN IF I GO NEARSIGHTED FROM STARING TOO HARD AT THE SCREEN, EVEN IF MY BODY IS CLOSE TO COLLAPSE FROM THE 72 HOURS I HAVE GONE WITHOUT FOOD! I WILL DEFEAT YOU!

persium

#64 Post by persium »

I love how I understand some of the japanese electronica stuff lol. Hirasawa yeah I know him... most of my love for j-electronica goes to girly girl singers, and Yasutaka Nakata and whatever-his-first-name-is Terukado. haha, I don't know much besides them or video game composers, unfortunately.

anyway, I don't think I can actually offer any feedback that's going to help you improve since I just do animoo and your style is out of the range that I can achieve.
but man, seconding Omni here. your expressions are REALLY EXPRESSIVE and I like that ~ from the looks of your sketches you have that close to perfect (as far as I would know and can tell.) anime isn't as easy to get strong emotions shown in my experience. :/
find me @ dA ~

Lennonhead
Regular

#65 Post by Lennonhead »

Thank you for commenting. :3

Omnificent: Thank you! I'm sorry that I draw such subjects so often, but it's my passion, and Mr. Hirasawa and company have features that are fun to draw.

Alright, I'll give you a list!

濱田 (walking on eggshells, but she liked it!!) MG (based on a slightly simpler style that's used sometimes, mainly MG's art is very detailed and if I tried for that I would still be working on it.) KARMO (with a great style that's impossible for me to emulate correctly! So great!) ちょりろ (this one was also kind of messed up, haha...) ノロ助 rayrin D4FTIIDX

And, because I am still shocked by this, the fanart that MG drew for me! 1 2

In case you are wondering about the colors, that's how I used to color things, usually. Back when I was focused on being like Prio.

Persium: Well, glad you recognise some of what I go on and on about, hahahaha! Also, any comments are okay, even if they aren't very constructive.

Thank you! However, there is no "anime" style. It just means "animation". By how it actually means, Looney Tunes is anime. Even if you are talking about Japanese works, they still come in many different styles! My style, by the way, is currently a combination of several Japanese artists I like and Golden Age American cartoons.

If you want advice on expressive faces, try to draw from life even if the style isn't realistic. For example, what I see about Mr. Hirasawa... He has thick eyebrows of course, his nose goes inwards a lot at the top of the bridge, his top lip juts out kind of strangely, etc., etc. So, I just draw what I see. It’s okay to exaggerate, everybody being generically pretty isn’t really my goal here... Another example because I feel like talking a lot! Paul McCartney. He’s got big eyes that always seem half-closed, ridiculously high eyebrows, and such. Also, personality has a big effect! I’ve always thought Paul was truly a creep under all those smiles and love songs (think of his non-love songs, like Eleanor Rigby or Maxwell’s Silver Hammer) so he kind of has this “fakeness” about him. For John, I guess, he’s a troll who has a perfect troll face, so forget the fact that he was a really handsome fellow, it’s important that personality shows through.

Also, I am a disciple of the aforementioned Prio, and when he draws, emotion and personality triumph over generic prettiness, hahaha!

As well, I study cartoons that aren’t just plain things like moe anime. Satoshi Kon had a realistic style to his movies and TV show, and he and his animation team were amazing at contorting the characters for scenes that required it. I recommend his show Paranoia Agent, also for the really cool plot and writing and obviously fantastic soundtrack by Mr. Hirasawa :3

Went off on a huge speech there. I apologize. Here is an anime girl, just like I promised:

Her parents were revealed recently, looking nothing like Mr. Hirasawa and Jun. Thus, the fandom went bonkers.

My... Headcanon... Is still real... In my heart...

Lennonhead
Regular

#66 Post by Lennonhead »

I drew some crap.

I recently posted my 2'000th tweet, so I drew this to commemorate it. It's me.

P-MODEL: Saturday mornings at 9:00 AM.

I did draw other things, but...

Lennonhead
Regular

#67 Post by Lennonhead »

OHMYGOD NEW HINOMARU CONCEPT ART?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

YES I AM STILL WORKING ON IT

DO YOU LIKE MY BISHONENS

In all seriousness, I am starting work on it again. The characters you haven't seen before here are long-haired Len Takeda and beehive'd Rin Tanaka. Rin is Jun's somewhat annoying friend.

I drew this to get the hang of drawing them again, so some are just updated frontal portraits.

Any comments on the designs are welcome!

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Lennonhead's Art Topic (NEW CONCEPT PORTRAITS FOR VN)

#68 Post by 15385bic »

bishonens XD

I love how each has character and looks X)

LOL - some of the hair styles look so oldschool - i dont see many different types of hairstyles nowadays

concept art is Looking good =D

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

#69 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

Ah... Seeing the guy with glasses, I thought "WICKED AWESOME!"
:mrgreen:
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#70 Post by CheeryMoya »

Lennonhead wrote:DO YOU LIKE MY BISHONENS
YES I LIKE THEM :'D I LIKE THEM A LOT

Like I've said before in the Art Dump, your art is already very good. I can already tell what kinds of personalities your characters have, and me gusta C: And usually I don't like noses very much but your noses look nice thatdidnotsoundstrange And mmmm that hair :V

Lennonhead
Regular

#71 Post by Lennonhead »

Thank you all for commenting!

15385bic: I try hard to make them all unique! Yes, thank you for noticing the hairdos! I was going for a retro style. The game takes place in an unspecified time. Thanks!

redeyesblackpanda: Thanks! He's one of my favourites, I think. Of course, I am a benelovent god and I love all my creations...

CheeryMoya: Thank you very much! ^o^

Girls.

Lennonhead
Regular

Re: Lennonhead's Art Topic (feedback, please!)

#72 Post by Lennonhead »

I've been drawing Korea from Hetalia a lot. Excuse me, I changed his clothing because it kind of annoyed me.

Pepero Day. Korea is handing out boxes, but nobody wants him around. How sad!

The last panel of the comic.

The colouring didn't scan very well! In reality, it looks quite a bit better, and SK's skin isn't orange. Why did it scan that way..?

First time I've used coloured pencils in about two years. A friend had them out, so I asked for them.

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/4460/scan4c.jpg

Reference and other sketches for North Korea. It's a link because, due to an injoke with a friend about NK being very """""attractive""""" (lots of sarcasm quotes), there is a doodle of his """"beautiful and sexy"""" physique. Maybe if you like very thin guys with long hair you'd actually like it.

Katagi

#73 Post by Katagi »

Wow, your drawing style is very unique. Definately something I haven't seen. I also like the way you shade with pencil ~~

Lennonhead
Regular

#74 Post by Lennonhead »

Thank you very much! ^o^

I drew bad guys.

Lennonhead
Regular

#75 Post by Lennonhead »

It's been a bit. Here's some crap I sketched in the theatre while waiting in-between shows.

No comments for this one, really. The gangster-type is named Romano.

The girl with the hairclip and the one with the dress and ascot-thing have faces based off of two certain bloggers I follow.

Also, Prussia is my favourite Hetalia character. I know, I know, far too obvious a choice, but…

Here you can see that I was running out of time and ideas. Mostly ideas.

Paul, China, Benny, Charlie and Jack, some fat chick, and my favourite Homestuck character, Diamonds Droog.