Anyone need a free background or two?

Art threads specific to a single artist.
luminarious
Veteran
Projects: Winter, winter

Anyone need a free background or two?

#1 Post by luminarious »

I'm an architecture student, with something resembling a portfolio. I have some free time this week and I figured I'd try to make a background for someone who needs it, to develop my skills.

So.. describe the scene(s) you're looking for and I'll see what I can do?
If they turn out any good, I might take on commissions later.
Last edited by luminarious on Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl
Completed: Idol Crush
Projects: Shugojin!, RockRobin (openmodewriter), your highness
Soundcloud: jenna-yeon

Re: Anyone need a background or two?

#2 Post by Snowflower »

Hmm... this is free, yes?

if you can, do you mind creating an outdoor concert with similar stage structure as the attached picture in anime coloring? and in night setting though?
Attachments
2010-07-27-307843.jpg
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube
your highness @ 102k as of 2/13

luminarious
Veteran

#3 Post by luminarious »

Snowflower wrote:Hmm... this is free, yes?

if you can, do you mind creating an outdoor concert with similar stage structure as the attached picture in anime coloring? and in night setting though?
That's a real challenge all right. But I have to clarify, the example image has some characters as the focus of the image. Do you also have some characters in mind or is it for some generic concert event where it doesn't matter?

GeneDNC
Veteran
Completed: Freezing v1.0

Re: Anyone need a free background or two?

#4 Post by GeneDNC »

Oh I'd love some backgrounds for my current project, see my sig.

I can't seem to view anything in your portfolio though, is there anywhere else you have examples of your work?

I think I need max 3, all as part of an office interior. If you're interested in helping me out, I'll pm you descriptions and references and such.

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl
Completed: Idol Crush
Projects: Shugojin!, RockRobin (openmodewriter), your highness
Soundcloud: jenna-yeon

#5 Post by Snowflower »

luminarious wrote:
Snowflower wrote:Hmm... this is free, yes?

That's a real challenge all right. But I have to clarify, the example image has some characters as the focus of the image. Do you also have some characters in mind or is it for some generic concert event where it doesn't matter?

Nope no characters. I just need the stage picture. No characters. So i guess an empty concert stage? but still lit up like it's about to go on show. I tried to find one on the web, but failed miserably.
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube
your highness @ 102k as of 2/13

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#6 Post by TsukiShima »

I'm not sure if this still open, but I would like to request some backgrounds and I guess you can choose to make one of them please, and later, if you're open for commissions, I might be interested, since it's rare anyway.

You see, I would like you to make a BG of a highly technical full of science technologies..stuff, building. This is suppose to be a big place, full of technology, where big people come to work and all. I'm not very good at explaining, so these are the few examples of the my imaginary building.
http://www.hikenow.net/images/Valencia/ ... museum.jpg
http://www.hoteldeiborgognoniromeit.com ... 9_6526.jpg

If you can't, you can make a scene of high technology city, er, I really don't know how to describe it, you know, the futuristic city feel. And there would also be a big building in the city, like a landmark.
Examples:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-QDhqu_73Buo/T ... museum.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... ior%29.jpg

Thank you for considering, please PM me if you feel like accepting it.

NewMember
Regular

#7 Post by NewMember »

Since your an architect Can you create concept art for claustrophobic school with 15 floors.Each floor has only 1 elective classroom. The classrooms have no walls. Instead the classrooms are made of toothpicks who only give the classroom an outline. You could say the classrooms look like a 3D toothpick model similar to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSPZ_ObNAYk. Though I don't need you draw the inside of the school I will tell you anyway to give you a better idea.The walls look like water. They constantly change color and give the felling of movement.Also if you touch them it feels like jelly.The floors are a mix of floor and grass not to mention the fact that there are randomly generated puddles from which small and big fish jump.The lockers look like soda bottles with fizz animation. The have no way of opening. You get your stuff from them by placing your hands inside them.There is also a big spiral stair case similar to kingdom hearts from which you climb the floors.Thats it.

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

#8 Post by KomiTsuku »

NewMember wrote:Since your an architect Can you create concept art for claustrophobic school with 15 floors.Each floor has only 1 elective classroom. The classrooms have no walls. Instead the classrooms are made of toothpicks who only give the classroom an outline. You could say the classrooms look like a 3D toothpick model similar to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSPZ_ObNAYk. Though I don't need you draw the inside of the school I will tell you anyway to give you a better idea.The walls look like water. They constantly change color and give the felling of movement.Also if you touch them it feels like jelly.The floors are a mix of floor and grass not to mention the fact that there are randomly generated puddles from which small and big fish jump.The lockers look like soda bottles with fizz animation. The have no way of opening. You get your stuff from them by placing your hands inside them.There is also a big spiral stair case similar to kingdom hearts from which you climb the floors.Thats it.
I will give you credit. In the last decade of being a writer and editor, that places in the top 5 of the most confusing location descriptions I've heard. Reminded me a bit of the Cat in the Hat movie with Mike Myers.

luminarious
Veteran

#9 Post by luminarious »

Thank you for submitting the requests, everyone. That will keep me busy for a while. I will make no promises as to which will be completed when, but rest assured - any progress will be reported in this thread.

I started modelling the stage, and it's.. not to say a bitch, but very challenging nevertheless. That may be why there are no readily available concert backgrounds.. :P

Silvere
Veteran
Projects: Dimaen - A drug just for you

#10 Post by Silvere »

I actually would have some requests,
the first one concerning a church and landscape (actually green grass and flowers around it) + some variations of the pic,
the other ones would be rather random pics, like a cemetery with skeletons dancing there, a white room with flying picture frames and such...

As you are rather busy now..
Whenever you have time and are, like, interested enough - Feel free to P.M. me ~ There ya would get more details :D
[By the way, wouldn´t have the money for commissions if you decide to start with that ~ So better tell me beforehand ^.^]

Ashleet

#11 Post by Ashleet »

If this is still open, then I am also interested in this.

I would request a dark, creepy forest, fit for a horror fantasy setting, for use in the game I am trying to set in motion. The forest is supposed to have thick, moss-covered trunks, almost no undergrowth (except for moss covering almost everything, but no bushes or smaller trees. mushrooms are fine, however). Spiderweb would add to the feeling, as would blood-red fireflies, but neither is needed, and the thick foliage is supposed to keep almost all sunlight out, even if it is day.

Thank you for your time, and if you do decide to do this, feel free to send me a private message. I might be able to pay for it, depending on the price-tag.

Meatpie
Regular
Projects: Dr. Book's Book Store ~ Episode 1 ~ Enigmatic Mind

#12 Post by Meatpie »

I know you're completely swamped with requests right now, but in the odd chance you power through those and are in need of some more work, I would absolutely love if you could do 2 backgrounds for me.

One of the inside of a book store, preferably looking over the counter.
And one of the inside of a cafe, that has large window's along the entrance wall.

Of course, if you cannot do this that's fine and I understand.
Just send me a PM if you do end up working on them.

Mickychi
Veteran
Projects: Current: Prologue: Caged Bird

#13 Post by Mickychi »

If you are still taking requests I have a BG I would like done

A area in a forest during the day with one tree sticking out with a branch that a bird could stand on.

Also another is a room that is rounded with a golden bird cage in the middle.
Check out my WIP Prologue: Caged Bird!

luminarious
Veteran

#14 Post by luminarious »

It's been a while.

I took a real shot at these requests, got burnt out and depressed. Spent 4 months working at a book store, away from everything. At the start of this year I quit and finally got back to art of any kind. My main skills are still 3D, rendering and Photoshop and I think I am now good enough to accept paid jobs.

This office interior, for example, is actually a visualization done for a concept my interior designer girlfriend was working on. I think it would look great in a VN.
An office interior as a skill example.
An office interior as a skill example.

GeneDNC
Veteran
Completed: Freezing v1.0

#15 Post by GeneDNC »

luminarious wrote:It's been a while.

I took a real shot at these requests, got burnt out and depressed. Spent 4 months working at a book store, away from everything. At the start of this year I quit and finally got back to art of any kind. My main skills are still 3D, rendering and Photoshop and I think I am now good enough to accept paid jobs.

This office interior, for example, is actually a visualization done for a concept my interior designer girlfriend was working on. I think it would look great in a VN.
Kontor.jpg
Holy crap that interior is EXACTLY what I need for my NaNoRenO project! (Here) Haha, I actually posted earlier in this thread about it too. ^__^ Any chance I could use it and convince you for one or two more? I can unfortunately not pay you though and it's not a commercial work.

I am sorry you got burnt out and depressed though, and glad you are doing better.