Omni's Frequently-Draw-Other-People's-Characters Topic OPEN

Art threads specific to a single artist.
Dee
Regular
Projects: Elements: The Academy
Organization: Mushroom Samba

Re: Omni's Frequently-Draw-Other-People's-Characters Topic-

#91 Post by Dee »

@Omni: ...Damn, son, I am so whoopin' sorry. '8D

i'lldrawoneofyourcharactersasanapology

becauseilikedyourgame

Omnificent
Veteran
Projects: FA:NG, ???

#92 Post by Omnificent »

Taleweaver: Very well.

Dee: lol, don't worry about it. Lots of gender confusion on the internetz.

Color schemes are haaaaaard
Forever Alone: Nerds the Gathering - A brotome game. (Nerdy Valentine's Day Card and small status update 2/14/14)
Night at the Hospital - Maiden voyage of Team Snugglebunny
Skylessia: Tale of the Boon - Epic fantasy whatsit, currently on hiatus.
Viking Pipsqueak Productions Blog (under construction)

I occasionally frequently draw other people's characters. Now offering delinquentization, medievalization, and cyborgification. Hit me up in PM if you want sprites for your KN or non-ren'ai VN.

EVEN IF THE TENDONS OF MY THUMBS TEAR INTO NOTHINGNESS, EVEN IF I GO NEARSIGHTED FROM STARING TOO HARD AT THE SCREEN, EVEN IF MY BODY IS CLOSE TO COLLAPSE FROM THE 72 HOURS I HAVE GONE WITHOUT FOOD! I WILL DEFEAT YOU!

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#93 Post by Taleweaver »

Ooh, my Merchant :) Looks a little more critical than I had in mind, but I guess there are quite a few frauds out there on the street, and you've gotta be careful about the coins you take...

Nice job, and you even nailed the vaguely Turkish setting I had in mind. You're quite good at reading my intentions.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Alphonse
Regular

#94 Post by Alphonse »

Wow~ I love your art style a lot! It would appear that every character drawn in your style becomes 50% more badass. I also have a lot of appreciation for the fact that your men look like actual men. Picturing your sprites in a game--like a console game--warms my heart. The only thing I could suggest is, well, buying a scanner.
well, that and not using colored pencils. but that's just a personal preference, really.

Omnificent
Veteran

#95 Post by Omnificent »

Taleweaver: Yeah, the background and the flavor of the merchant scene really brought to mind India/the Middle East for me. I figured he inspected the Ducatacor a little more closely than normal. :P

Alphonse: Thanks! I'm glad that you enjoy the badass manliness, it's part of what I opened this thread to indulge in in the first place.

As for the scanner, I wish I had one. D: That + a working tablet pen and a monitor with better resolution are on my wishlist along with the ability to draw perspective and hands

My paltry attempt at drawing an epic poster-style/group picture deal with characters from my Skylessia VN. I left it uncolored in case I do ever find a scanner/get the inclination to digitally color it.

I do need practice doing group pictures, so if anyone really wants to kill me they can go ahead and request a small (two to three character) one.

EDIT:

My idea of a generically appealing male character that is also my attempt to draw at a larger scale than usual.

Here is the Omni-needs-to-practice-CGing version. His name is Reed. He lives in a boardwalk town and sells t-shirts to all the tourists during the summer and makes fun of them in the back office when he knows they can't hear him. He is Greg's cousin from his uncle's first marriage, though his mom remarried since and they look nothing alike. He has a small business customizing people's sneakers with cool graffiti and tattoo-inspired designs. He will never appear in anything.

EDITEDIT:

From the sent text message history of Jeffrey Cho:

"yo dawg"
"I heard you been homing in on my lovable-nerd turf so fore this gets out of hand lets settle it"
"4 AM tomorrow"
"Bring replica sword and or lightsaber gamecube controller and a DDR pad"
"Best two out of three"
"PS obligatory insinuation about your mom and by extension your parentage"

EDITEDITEDIT:

So I tried to digitally color my drawing-photograph this time, using flat colors/a bit of pattern-brush. Tell me what you think.
Last edited by Omnificent on Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:40 am, edited 7 times in total.
Forever Alone: Nerds the Gathering - A brotome game. (Nerdy Valentine's Day Card and small status update 2/14/14)

I occasionally frequently draw other people's characters. Now offering delinquentization, medievalization, and cyborgification. Hit me up in PM if you want sprites for your KN or non-ren'ai VN.

EVEN IF THE TENDONS OF MY THUMBS TEAR INTO NOTHINGNESS, EVEN IF I GO NEARSIGHTED FROM STARING TOO HARD AT THE SCREEN, EVEN IF MY BODY IS CLOSE TO COLLAPSE FROM THE 72 HOURS I HAVE GONE WITHOUT FOOD! I WILL DEFEAT YOU!

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#96 Post by TsukiShima »

What? You don't have a scanner or tablet? For some reason, I'm afraid now. I'm sure you'll get them one day, and be a pretty well-known talented artist for your unique style. I'm still surprised you don't have even a scanner, really! But meh, some people became great artist from the basics.

I like that guy up there though, I have something with cool short hair guy with that sorta grin.

Rewritten Ennui
Veteran
Organization: TwinTurtle Games

#97 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

What's that? You need more torture practice drawing groups? I shall heed to thy calling! Again from my game, I'd like you to draw Tybalt (the mascot cat) sitting atop of Xavier's fedora while Elise laughs at him. Oh god, Ryurieri, I'm sorry for stealing this scene from you T_T

There is a method to my madness :twisted:
I've swapped accounts to CheeryMoya, so this account is no longer in use. Refer to the new account if you want to contact me.

Twinturtle Games Website

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

#98 Post by Applegate »

Omnificent wrote:So I tried to digitally color my drawing-photograph this time, using flat colors/a bit of pattern-brush. Tell me what you think.
I stand by my opinion from last night. Looks better than the alternative. :lol:

Veniae
Veteran

#99 Post by Veniae »

Omnificent wrote:Image

From the sent text message history of Jeffrey Cho:

"yo dawg"
"I heard you been homing in on my lovable-nerd turf so fore this gets out of hand lets settle it"
"4 AM tomorrow"
"Bring replica sword and or lightsaber gamecube controller and a DDR pad"
"Best two out of three"
"PS obligatory insinuation about your mom and by extension your parentage"
Oh my Gosh, oh my Gosh, 'awesome' doesn't even start to describe this! I honestly did a double-take when I saw it, I was like:
*looks at picture*
*stares*
*blinks in confusion*
*falls off chair laughing*

Kudos, dear sir, for your ingenuity.

Dee
Regular
Projects: Elements: The Academy
Organization: Mushroom Samba

#100 Post by Dee »

Omnificent wrote:Awesome drawing of Cas and Jeff
Holy crap
This is beautiful
You're beautiful
Life is beautiful

This is totally how it would go down, man.

WHO SHALL WIN THIS ULTIMATE FIGHT OF ULTIMATE DESTINY?! ONLY GOD KNOWS.

Hayzel
Veteran
Projects: Echo: Legend of the Centennial Bells, The Making of a Visual Novel, MLPFIM: The Flower Blooming Festival

#101 Post by Hayzel »

Oh! Oh! Draw something for me oh so magical person of drawing and generosity <3

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#102 Post by teacup »

D-did I ever tell you I really like your art style?
Could you draw one of the guys from (P)lanets 2? Do whatever you like with them.. (*´∀`*)☆

Omnificent
Veteran

#103 Post by Omnificent »

Ohgod I didn't expect this many people to request while I was on Thanksgiving break

I didn't bring my pens back home with me, but on the plus side I do have scanner access. I'll try to get your requests worked on this week.

In the meantime:

It's amazing what a difference simple wardrobe and hairstyle adjustments make.

Spoiler: Mike wears the pants in this relationship

First favorite anime character ever, still raging at how his character development got undone after Cell Saga.

Omnificent
Veteran

#104 Post by Omnificent »

Sorry for going out of order, I'm pretty beat from coming back from Thanksgiving break and being too tired to do all three tonight. Teacup's will be done probably-tomorrow.

With a tragic past like that it takes a lot to hold yourself together with a smile.

I didn't want any color mishaps this time so I left it lineart, tell me if you want it colored.

Okosan rejects your bishonenfication! Okosan is a manly bird!
Last edited by Omnificent on Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rewritten Ennui
Veteran
Organization: TwinTurtle Games

#105 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

Oooh, you even gave Tybalt a fang! I love the expressions you gave them all :D

BTW, Douglas is lookin' pretty spiffeh in those clothes. iwantthatscarf
I've swapped accounts to CheeryMoya, so this account is no longer in use. Refer to the new account if you want to contact me.

Twinturtle Games Website