Nero279's Art Thread + Sketch Requests! [CLOSED]

Art threads specific to a single artist.
Desu_Cake
Veteran
Projects: Secret, Secret and Secret

Re: Nero279's Art Thread + Sketch Requests! [Chibis/OPEN]

#106 Post by Desu_Cake »

nero279 wrote: @ Desu_Cake: I've only managed to finish yours, hope you like it ^^
Desu_Cake.png
D'awww! Thanks!

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Nero279's Art Thread + Sketch Requests! [CLOSED]

#107 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

@ michi 18, Kirroha: *A* Thank you, guys! At least I'm not a complete disaster now that I know that someone actually likes my art TTvTT

@ Desu_Cake: You are very welcome, I'm happy that you like it the least :'D

@ 9-of-Hearts: This one's for you- I think I abused purple too much, and I changed styles half way..... What is this consistency you speak of? @_@;; Hope you like it though ^^
Why do I think that I draw better when I'm sad and depressed asdfghjkl ;;A;;

Tell me if you want transparent backgrounds or want something added or erased etc, I have no problem doing minor additions C:
9-of-Hearts.png
EDIT: I fixed something, new one is up.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#108 Post by azureXtwilight »

nero279 wrote:Hi, so I've finally finished the two requests! Sorry for the delay and I won't be opening requests at the moment-
Anyway, I noticed that I haven't drawn any chibis for decades now so I decided to try drawing them for the requests.
azurextwilight2.png
Sorry that I whipped up their bottoms and shoes by myself but I hope you're okay with them :'D
Sorry for just seeing it now... But it looks so awesome, thanks! <3

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#109 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

azureXtwilight wrote:Sorry for just seeing it now... But it looks so awesome, thanks! <3
It's alright, and you're welcome :)

9-of-Hearts
Regular

#110 Post by 9-of-Hearts »

nero279 wrote:@ 9-of-Hearts: This one's for you- I think I abused purple too much, and I changed styles half way..... What is this consistency you speak of? @_@;; Hope you like it though ^^
Why do I think that I draw better when I'm sad and depressed asdfghjkl ;;A;;

Tell me if you want transparent backgrounds or want something added or erased etc, I have no problem doing minor additions C:
9-of-Hearts.png
EDIT: I fixed something, new one is up.
>w< He's so cute!! I love how you drew him~! The coloring and details are perfect and beautiful~~<3 Thank you so much, and keep up the great work~.

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#111 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

9-of-Hearts wrote:>w< He's so cute!! I love how you drew him~! The coloring and details are perfect and beautiful~~<3 Thank you so much, and keep up the great work~.
Oh, hey! I'm glad you like it so much! >u< Thanks and you're welcome, and again thank you for requesting! :D

arachni42
Veteran
Organization: no, I'm pretty messy

#112 Post by arachni42 »

nero279 wrote: Can I get help on their anatomy please? I know they're not in their own special poses but that's because I'm mainly focusing on their legs cause I'm still practicing. Do they look okay? Any critiques are highly appreciated ^^
Lemme just comment on the chibis first. They are adorable! I love the coloring on the Kaito one! The one thing that stuck out to me though was that, except for Nyaruko, the wrinkles on their clothing seem arbitrary. Unless they've all been leaving their laundry in the dryer for a day before taking them out. If that happens, the clothes do sort of look like that. ^_^

The three guys and girl. Overall, they're looking decent. The midsections on the middle two seem a little thin, maybe in part compared to their upper body. Their shoulders seem too wide, even Aiden's not counting the shoulderpads. Actually, I think their left arms (the ones on our right) need to be brought "forward" a bit. That is, imagine look at where the arms are attached. Because of the angle, it looks like they're attached to the back instead of the side. A little bit of their upper arm should be covering their side.

I notice that the distance between the belt and crotch is small; they could be very low cut pants, but I mention it in case this wasn't what you were going for. The legs themselves look good to me. The wrinkles on Seth's coming out of the boots gives those pants a good sense of volume. The ankle wrinkles on Hilce's pants make it looks like he bought pants that are a little too long for him, but that could also be intentional. They also look like they're made out of a relatively light material that can be crumpled up like that. (As opposed to heavy materials that fold more tenaciously). I think Aiden's looks good; I don't have any comments for boots because I never draw them, so somebody else will have to critique those. Ren does not appear to have bought pants that are too long, but they are pleated, suggesting a thinner material than perhaps the wrinkles suggest. I guess I'd just double-check reference photos to make sure it makes sense for the material you're aiming for. I'm playing this totally by eye, so it might be okay as it is.

Good luck!
I, Miku (NaNoRenO 2014)
Vignettes (NaNoRenO 2013)

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#113 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

^ First of all, I should apologize for not replying sooner, was off for long time because of RL.
But thank you so much for taking your time on writing such detailed a critique, it makes me so happy that you're trying to help so much! :D I'll try to respond to every comment one by one then.
arachni42 wrote:Lemme just comment on the chibis first. They are adorable! I love the coloring on the Kaito one! The one thing that stuck out to me though was that, except for Nyaruko, the wrinkles on their clothing seem arbitrary. Unless they've all been leaving their laundry in the dryer for a day before taking them out. If that happens, the clothes do sort of look like that. ^_^
I'm honoured that you like it, thank you for the compliment on my colouring! To be honest, I think that my way of colouring is really lazy and the fastest for me compared to others, especially the hair so I'm quite worried about that. I have a tendency to overshade, thus making my colouring very messy and complicated. I'm trying to shake it off as I go on and I must have went overboard with Kaito, so I completely understand what you mean :o
arachni42 wrote:The three guys and girl. Overall, they're looking decent. The midsections on the middle two seem a little thin, maybe in part compared to their upper body. Their shoulders seem too wide, even Aiden's not counting the shoulderpads. Actually, I think their left arms (the ones on our right) need to be brought "forward" a bit. That is, imagine look at where the arms are attached. Because of the angle, it looks like they're attached to the back instead of the side. A little bit of their upper arm should be covering their side.
I once used to draw very small bodies, even for the men and my sister had once noted me of how wrong they looked. Now though with the need to draw bigger figures in mind, I tend to get anxious on the shoulders specifically and I still cannot discern on whether one is too big or too small, must keep on practicing how to draw men's torsos. And yes, I still can't believe I still couldn't get their arms' angles right, more practice and observation! :o
arachni42 wrote:I notice that the distance between the belt and crotch is small; they could be very low cut pants, but I mention it in case this wasn't what you were going for. The legs themselves look good to me.
I literally hyperventilate when I draw full bodies in landscape on A4. I can't seem to understand how people could fit a full-sized body on such small paper. (Though big canvases is a wonder for me as well :'D) Thus the reason why I somehow 'compressed' their waists into looking like that. I've never meant to draw such low-cut pants, really. But good to know that the legs are decent, my hands itch to draw them longer like CLAMP's style. Habits are hard to get out of.
arachni42 wrote:The ankle wrinkles on Hilce's pants make it looks like he bought pants that are a little too long for him, but that could also be intentional. They also look like they're made out of a relatively light material that can be crumpled up like that. (As opposed to heavy materials that fold more tenaciously). I think Aiden's looks good; I don't have any comments for boots because I never draw them, so somebody else will have to critique those. Ren does not appear to have bought pants that are too long, but they are pleated, suggesting a thinner material than perhaps the wrinkles suggest. I guess I'd just double-check reference photos to make sure it makes sense for the material you're aiming for. I'm playing this totally by eye, so it might be okay as it is.
I need to confess that I had no idea what I was doing- no, what I'm doing recently is also something to question. I don't have any knowledge on fashion, fabric, wrinkles. None. I merely draw clothes out as what I imagine them to look good like and in this case, clearly not what I expected. I couldn't think of any 'cool' designs at that moment so I literally just jolted everything out on paper and the designs are absolutely going to change. I'll be taking your advice on looking on references because I've recently learned that references take an important role and just fleshing out what you have in mind head on is not really a strategic plan.

Again, thank you so much for such detailed feedback, I'll be sure to take on your suggestions and advice and also try to remember the main points! :D

-------------------

Okay, so I didn't work on the requests (please don't kill me, my friends are suddenly asking me to draw things for them out of nowhere and I must've gotten proud at some point to accept all of them OTL) can't someone pay me for my hardwork gosh I need a 3DS for Hakuoki and Kingdom Hearts 3D FFS sasdfghjkl
And I just finished these two butler clad boys for fanservice my friend, which I volunteered myself so yes, this one is utter priority :3
WIP.png
And guess what, full bodies! Second guess, I need feedback once more! :D
I'd appreciate it if you take your time to check on this one next, I'm pretty sure I messed up the arm again ^^;;

And one more picture just for the heck of it, another GXB Rebellion sketch I worked on while the teacher was nearly lullabying me to death-
1-Scan0007fixed.png
Thank you very much for your time, do come again! ^^

arachni42
Veteran
Organization: no, I'm pretty messy

#114 Post by arachni42 »

nero279 wrote:But thank you so much for taking your time on writing such detailed a critique, it makes me so happy that you're trying to help so much! :D
You're welcome :D
nero279 wrote: I'm honoured that you like it, thank you for the compliment on my colouring! To be honest, I think that my way of colouring is really lazy and the fastest for me compared to others, especially the hair so I'm quite worried about that.
Hehe, well, personally, I like the hair on Kaito -- to me, it looks messy in a controlled way. I suppose it could always be improved, though, but I think the clothing should be improved first.

I really love the blue/purple/peach palette you have going there!
nero279 wrote:I literally hyperventilate when I draw full bodies in landscape on A4. I can't seem to understand how people could fit a full-sized body on such small paper. (Though big canvases is a wonder for me as well :'D)
Ha, well, I can imagine that. Probably best to use bigger paper when you can to make yourself comfortable! Do you start with the head and draw the body?
nero279 wrote:Thus the reason why I somehow 'compressed' their waists into looking like that. I've never meant to draw such low-cut pants, really. But good to know that the legs are decent, my hands itch to draw them longer like CLAMP's style. Habits are hard to get out of.
Lol, well, I don't have a problem with CLAMP myself. ;) What is interesting to me about such artists is that they choose just the right aspects to distort so that it still looks "right," but cooler.
nero279 wrote:I'll be taking your advice on looking on references because I've recently learned that references take an important role and just fleshing out what you have in mind head on is not really a strategic plan.
Yeah... with enough practice you can get it right without references, but until then... I'm probably about where you are on clothing; I know enough to "fake" some wrinkles but not without mistakes, and I feel very uninspired when it comes to fashion.... fortunately, we have the Internet!!
nero279 wrote:And guess what, full bodies! Second guess, I need feedback once more! :D
I'd appreciate it if you take your time to check on this one next, I'm pretty sure I messed up the arm again ^^;;
I decided to try a redline (for the second time ever), using vectors because that's what I've been working with lately (and it makes up for my total lack of skill using my tablet). I focused on the one on the left:

The first thing I noticed is that the shoulder stuck out too much, so I pulled it in. I outlined the vertical creases on the vest with curves to give a sense of depth to his torso. I took into account the angle, and redid his pockets to align with that angle. The legs seemed small, so I cross-referenced with this reference:
http://foervraengd.deviantart.com/art/U ... -220251993

And here's what I came up with:

I slanted the lines for the angle, but to keep it simple I did not foreshorten them (ie. they are parallel and technically shouldn't be due to perspective). Anyway, you can see how his body and legs in particular are small compared to his head. (I actually made the "heads" slightly shorter than his actual head, calibrating them more to the torso.) I moved the waistline down, as well as the bottom of his vest, and I made his arm a lot longer. Legs... well, I'm not great at them anyway, so I did kind of a rough outline of where I "feel" like the tops should go, but I think I had a better sense of the upper body. I think my legs are a little too thick, so play around with it. The line at the bottom is where the heels of his feet should land. I like the position of the feet, btw. It makes the pose more interesting.

I haven't spent much time looking at the one on the right, although in general he has more of a sense of depth to him already, and I like his pose. There is definitely some perspective going on! his legs are also too short, however. ;) If I get the time I'll take a closer look.

As far as the faces...

The coloring is rough, particularly the hair, but it gets the point across, and I like the stylistic use of an outline around them. Seth's eye is a tad too far to the upper right. Ren's left eye (his left, not our left) is much too far to the upper right. Make sure the bottom of the eyes line up on the same plane. It's hard to tell, but is his back turned to us and he's looking over his shoulder? If so, the line representing the sternocleidomastoid should wrap around more. If it's from the front, well... I'm not sure if people's neck's really bend that way, but Studio Shaft can pull it off, so it must be doable. ;) I think the horizontal line that's on his neck from his right shoulder would need to go away, and you might need a vertical line in its place. (Otherwise, it looks like his should is in front of his neck in a somewhat impossible way.)
I like Hike's hair coloring the most of the four -- the strokes are more nicely blended. His eye seems like it should be moved a little to the left, and his neck looks a bit too long. Aiden... he's cute. ;)
I, Miku (NaNoRenO 2014)
Vignettes (NaNoRenO 2013)

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#115 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

Sorry, everyone, no finished requests here ^^;

------

Sorry for really late reply, again D:
arachni42 wrote:I decided to try a redline (for the second time ever), using vectors because that's what I've been working with lately (and it makes up for my total lack of skill using my tablet). I focused on the one on the left:

The first thing I noticed is that the shoulder stuck out too much, so I pulled it in. I outlined the vertical creases on the vest with curves to give a sense of depth to his torso. I took into account the angle, and redid his pockets to align with that angle. The legs seemed small, so I cross-referenced with this reference:
http://foervraengd.deviantart.com/art/U ... -220251993

And here's what I came up with:

I slanted the lines for the angle, but to keep it simple I did not foreshorten them (ie. they are parallel and technically shouldn't be due to perspective). Anyway, you can see how his body and legs in particular are small compared to his head. (I actually made the "heads" slightly shorter than his actual head, calibrating them more to the torso.) I moved the waistline down, as well as the bottom of his vest, and I made his arm a lot longer. Legs... well, I'm not great at them anyway, so I did kind of a rough outline of where I "feel" like the tops should go, but I think I had a better sense of the upper body. I think my legs are a little too thick, so play around with it. The line at the bottom is where the heels of his feet should land. I like the position of the feet, btw. It makes the pose more interesting.
That's very helpful! I've heard about that 8-head fact but I've never planted it in my mind before. Now I've been using that to help my anatomy, so thank you! And as I expected, the arm is messed up :'D I guessed I made the legs too thin then, I'll try to work with that ^^ Thank you for the critiques, you've helped so much! :D
arachni42 wrote:As far as the faces...

The coloring is rough, particularly the hair, but it gets the point across, and I like the stylistic use of an outline around them. Seth's eye is a tad too far to the upper right. Ren's left eye (his left, not our left) is much too far to the upper right. Make sure the bottom of the eyes line up on the same plane. It's hard to tell, but is his back turned to us and he's looking over his shoulder? If so, the line representing the sternocleidomastoid should wrap around more. If it's from the front, well... I'm not sure if people's neck's really bend that way, but Studio Shaft can pull it off, so it must be doable. I think the horizontal line that's on his neck from his right shoulder would need to go away, and you might need a vertical line in its place. (Otherwise, it looks like his should is in front of his neck in a somewhat impossible way.)
I like Hike's hair coloring the most of the four -- the strokes are more nicely blended. His eye seems like it should be moved a little to the left, and his neck looks a bit too long. Aiden... he's cute.
Haha! I didn't expect any feed back on this one, it was a quick sketch to decide the colours of their hairstyles and eyes ^^ But it looks like I still have problems with three quarter angles on the eyes, I'll be sure to be aware of that next time. And Ren's head angle was....... not really planned :'D Maybe that explains the awkward position xD I'll be careful next time! Hike's hair-- I actually prefer more block-like shading instead of really soft blend but if that looks better then I'll be trying that out on later colouring ^^ And glad you think that Aiden's cute! (He's not really nice as he looks but oh well.)

Again, thank you very much! I'm sure I've improved a lot with your help, I can't really tell you how happy I am to receive your feedbacks :D

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#116 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

Hi everyone! :D
So between the projects and school projects that I'm working on very slowly after my hiatus (and I will be in one again soon asdfgkhl), I managed to finish one of the long, forgotten requests - Here you go TheGuraGuraMan, though I'm pretty sure no one even remembers me anymore xD
TheGuraGuraMan3.png
I hope I didn't make her too OOC, I've never watched the anime before D: Hope you like it though!

michi 18
Veteran
Completed: none at the moment's notice
Projects: The Universal Hope;Wisdom Revival
Organization: Pridal Heavens Inc.

#117 Post by michi 18 »

Sorry to ask but is my request finished?
Projects: (I hope you'll support them ) Wisdom Revivalhttp://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=16488 and Universal Hope (Uni-H)http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=16452.

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#118 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

Ah, no not yet. I finish them in order of the requests so yours won't be started on any sooner.

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#119 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

Ayyyy |D

Hey everyone! I haven't been on for some time now and I seriously need to draw more especially digitally so I'm open for requests! (I'll mostly draw random headshots though) Those who have requested before but I never finished those requests, I'm really sorry. Please tell me if you still want it drawn or you want me to draw something new, I'll definitely take it up.

Thanks for reading! :D

Armee
Veteran

Re: Nero279's Art Thread + Sketch Requests! [OPEN]

#120 Post by Armee »

Hello lovely, mind drawing me this one?
Go crazy if you want to color u v u ;; honestly I don't know what to do with his color yet.
You have a very cute art style by the way XD