The past and present works of JumpJump. [Critique Welcome]

Art threads specific to a single artist.
JumpJump
Veteran
Projects: 9413
Organization: 2wo dollars

Re: Folder dump, now with requests!

#61 Post by JumpJump »

I just found these inside a deep sea of files on my old pc. Completely forgot about them. You can see that I was doing something with them, but didn't dedicate myself to it, leaving it unfinished. I think they are around 5 years old now.

Lord knows how old this one is. I think this is around my humble beginnings.
"You are the master of understatement, chief. You had a foursome with the Elephant Man and a couple of foreign princesses. I'd head on out before the paparazzi arrive, if I were you." - Barry the time travelling sprout

Old and new, whatever you want. All is here.

JumpJump
Veteran

Re: Folder dump, now with requests!

#62 Post by JumpJump »

An old one from Dead City from 2007.

"You are the master of understatement, chief. You had a foursome with the Elephant Man and a couple of foreign princesses. I'd head on out before the paparazzi arrive, if I were you." - Barry the time travelling sprout

JumpJump
Veteran

Re: Folder dump, now with requests! [Open]

#63 Post by JumpJump »

Some more old stuff from Fix. I messed up on Imp and did not make clear what Gray was wearing. Also Naum's feet are too small. I'm going to re-do this one, I'm not happy at all with it!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

JumpJump
Veteran

#64 Post by JumpJump »

I know I should be working on my VN, but everything has been going down the last few weeks. Anyway, a little back story about the next three images.

Many years back when I was in college, we had a visitor, looking for comic artists for a funded workshop to learn the trade and get started in the industry. When I approached her with my work, I was taken aback when she said that she was really looking for female artists. I was told that I could still apply, but, not to hold my breath. I was eventually turned down. :( The next year I was informed that there as another chance to get on the course. I had to supply a three page comic with no wording and I'll be judged whether I was good or not to join. I sent my work and a few weeks later I was told that I was accepted. :D :D :D

On the first day of the course, just as I was leaving the house I received a phone call telling that because of my age, I could not be accepted. It turns out that If my birthday was just a few weeks later in the year, it would've been fine.

I was not a happy bunny!

Here is what I submitted for my second chance. A lot of work for me at the time (inking done by gel pen). That was about 7 years ago.

I just might redo this, to see how far I've come. What do you think?

JumpJump
Veteran

#65 Post by JumpJump »

I found this one while moving some boxes. Now I think about it, I've lost loads of little comics I did. :lol: :lol: :lol:

JumpJump
Veteran

#66 Post by JumpJump »

Something I'm working on.

JumpJump
Veteran

#67 Post by JumpJump »

Working on a background.

I've attached mega link for a video I'm doing for the 9413 demo. I know it's not much but I'm still re-learning how to make videos. It's a little jumpy because of the compression.

Tell me what you think of the video so far?

https://mega.co.nz/#!DdciCYqI!Fd3UJR6ee ... sBUZImryYU

JumpJump
Veteran

#68 Post by JumpJump »

I'm still dealing with a lot of pain, a handful of pills only help so much. I started working on this but I found myself taking shortcuts near the end.

Before:

After:
chocobo tv (Large).jpg

I'm still not used to using photoshop to do work on. The quality is all over the place and it's very easy to tell. The Loveless poster was taken from this artists blog: http://kalisdevals.blogspot.co.uk/ (Give it a look. Some nice stuff there.)

Tell me what you think. And I think it's time for more happy pills!!!

Victoria Jennings
Miko-Class Veteran

#69 Post by Victoria Jennings »

Aww, so cute! From what I can tell from the first page, you've really improved. Keep up the good work!

JumpJump
Veteran

#70 Post by JumpJump »

Victoria Jennings wrote:Aww, so cute! From what I can tell from the first page, you've really improved. Keep up the good work!

Thank you.

JumpJump
Veteran

#71 Post by JumpJump »

I did this one a few weeks back and already posted it in the Art Dumpage thread. I was watching a lot of rubbish ghosts programs at the time, and I think it shows. I went into this one determined not to erase anything I did, for good or bad.

I failed a little, but it was fun to do.
ghoul (Medium).jpg
I'm a bit off my head with all the painkillers I've had to take and I'm feeling all creative now. I'll be hoping to post a creepypasta I'm working on. If there is any interest, I'll post what I've done so far on this thread.

merdeamour
Veteran
Projects: Taleweaver's Curse

#72 Post by merdeamour »

Oh my gosh. I LOVE the Plants vs Zombies one. ...Makes me feel ashamed of my own old comics ((:
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
-Vincent van Gogh
I manage a blog, Another Otome Diary where I give my two cents on otomes I've played. Check it out, or let me know if you want a game of yours reviewed!

Duskylli
Regular
Completed: The Mishka Effect, Fairly Dangerous.
Projects: Palette Swap

#73 Post by Duskylli »

Wow! It feels like I'm wearing 3D glasses when I look at that chocobo. So cute.

Can I make a request? Can you draw my stinky medusa thing please? Or watermelon guy or cookie? http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 46&t=21648 (scroll down) c:

JumpJump
Veteran

#74 Post by JumpJump »

Sure.......................................................
............................................................................Okay, done now!

I would say "Enjoy!" but I'm really sleepy, so I shall say goodnight!
c1 (Custom).jpg
c2 (Custom).jpg
c3 (Custom).jpg
c4 (Custom).jpg

Duskylli
Regular
Completed: The Mishka Effect, Fairly Dangerous.
Projects: Palette Swap

#75 Post by Duskylli »

ZOMG!!! I didn't expect you to draw all of the characters let alone a 4 page comic of awesomeness!!! Their personalities shine through and stinky medusa thingy is too adorable. I regret not naming them properly. I like the different layouts as well.. I keep reading it...Ok I'll stop reading it now. May I draw something for you in return?