The past and present works of JumpJump. [Critique Welcome]

Art threads specific to a single artist.
JumpJump
Veteran
Projects: 9413
Organization: 2wo dollars

Re: The past and present works of JumpJump. (Taking requests

#151 Post by JumpJump »

Using a bamboo tablet, I was working on this thing for days. Once I remembered that I had a tablet laptop (HP TM2), I moved my work on there. And what was taking me days to do, I was able to knock-out on a few hours. Sadly, because of all the time I spent re-doing the same picture, I've decided to leave it as it is and move on.

[edit] picture deleted
Last edited by JumpJump on Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You are the master of understatement, chief. You had a foursome with the Elephant Man and a couple of foreign princesses. I'd head on out before the paparazzi arrive, if I were you." - Barry the time travelling sprout

Old and new, whatever you want. All is here.

JumpJump
Veteran

#152 Post by JumpJump »

I hurt my wrists last week as I had a bit of a nasty fall, now that they are getting better, I start to come down with a really nasty throat infection. So my progress has been a little slow. I've been working on fan art as I've been trying to see if I could actually add some kind of "depth" to my pictures. when I feel confident enough, I would apply the same tactics to my OC.

[edit] picture deleted

I saw this as a freeze frame from an animation in my head. Like you had paused it at a strange moment.
Last edited by JumpJump on Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You are the master of understatement, chief. You had a foursome with the Elephant Man and a couple of foreign princesses. I'd head on out before the paparazzi arrive, if I were you." - Barry the time travelling sprout

JumpJump
Veteran

#153 Post by JumpJump »

I have to sort some things out before I'm able to work on my backlog. One last little experiment before the downtime.

This is what happens when you try a new style without looking up on the basics.
pixel.jpg
pixel.jpg (14.9 KiB) Viewed 2249 times
Untitled-2.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg (39.77 KiB) Viewed 2249 times
Untitled-2 (Mobile).jpg
Untitled-2 (Mobile).jpg (51.25 KiB) Viewed 2249 times

JumpJump
Veteran

#154 Post by JumpJump »

Something I'm working on to be completed and released for Halloween. It will be very, very short. It is from a story I vaguely remember. If you know, please don't spoil it for others. it's also a good way for me to get back into using ren'py.
background number game.jpg
face number game.jpg
eye number game.jpg

JumpJump
Veteran

#155 Post by JumpJump »

S**t happens!

We all know it, but it's how you deal with it that counts.

Having to drop so many things and restart a few. I'm a little confused on what I was doing. I need a bit of a "reboot" and set myself up properly if I ever want a chance to take this seriously. I was almost complete with that short VN from the post before, but that was something that I had to drop. I've also been doing a lot of narration work and had another story released on the Nosleep Podcast. I'll hopefully get a few other stories done and upload them to youtube.

I was given a request on another website. As the request was for something "hawt", I naturally did not do what they wanted (I wouldn't know how to). I have been asked by other members if I could do some... lets say 18+ pictures and I have had to turn them down. To be honest, if I was getting paid for it then maybe, little chance though. I did get a nice image in my head and I went with it. Luckily for me, they where really happy with what I did, so everyone was a winner!

I have more of this project, but this is what I will show for now. I am working on this now 100%. Just showing some of the latest character sketches of something I'm doing for unknown5:
Bully 1.jpg
bajojo.jpg
[edit] picture deleted
Last edited by JumpJump on Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

unknown5
Veteran
Completed: (see sig)
Projects: slit-mouth girl, purifier, etc.

#156 Post by unknown5 »

w00t! i like your character designs! =)
information wants to be free, yo.

JumpJump
Veteran

#157 Post by JumpJump »

Here is something I was working on for a YouTube channel I'm hoping to get started when I have more work to upload to it.

Nothing really impressive, but a start.
vlcsnap-2014-11-18-16h47m34s109.png
This was a simple draft for a static image while the narration plays in the back.
vlcsnap-2014-11-18-16h48m05s173.png
This is a little closer to the final image. It will be animated.
youtube.jpg
Work for the YouTube Channel

It's going to be sometime before I start channel as I do have prior engagements.

JumpJump
Veteran

#158 Post by JumpJump »

Some more of my WIP sketches.

bully rage.jpg
bully 2.jpg
bajojo sprite test.jpg
tv.jpg
assistant.jpg

JumpJump
Veteran

#159 Post by JumpJump »

I had some good news today, but I've been given little time to draw. This is a little something I knocked up to break-up the downtime I'm having at the moment.
Attachments
wendy and mable.jpg

JumpJump
Veteran

#160 Post by JumpJump »

Wow. This month has gone fast, I still keep thinking it's November. Anyway, still working on a few things and trying to teach myself some essential techniques. I think Adam looks too young (it's in the eyes). Hopefully I'll have some nice clean sprites soon to show off for unknown5.
Attachments
design rough test anamantha and andrew.jpg

JumpJump
Veteran

#161 Post by JumpJump »

I've been drawing non-stop. While I was cleaning up after my little one a few days back, I came across a little digimon teddy of Palmon. I always preferred Digimon to Pokemon in my youth and Palmon was my favourite (I really liked the design of her). I got an unstoppable urge to draw her, and here are the horrifying results:

[edit] pictures deleted

This was my first try.

Trying out tones with the second try.

Who doesn't love a good runabout?

I've never found the nurse outfit kinky. But I wanted to see If I could pull off drawing it.

I was thinking about what comes after nurses in the whole dress-up thing.

And last but not least, something for the season.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays everyone!
Last edited by JumpJump on Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

unknown5
Veteran
Completed: (see sig)
Projects: slit-mouth girl, purifier, etc.

#162 Post by unknown5 »

lol =)
your art looks really nice!
information wants to be free, yo.

JumpJump
Veteran

#163 Post by JumpJump »

unknown5 wrote:lol =)
your art looks really nice!
Thanks.

Here is a little bit of what I was working on today. I wanted to see it the mouth looked correct while moving. So, I rushed this sprite. I think i'm on the right track.
Fat Boy.gif

JumpJump
Veteran

#164 Post by JumpJump »

With a new little one in the house, I've been a little tied up. Only drawing something when I could not sleep or a commission as I need to start getting some kind of income.

[edit] pictures deleted

The picture of the frog girl where me playing around with the character for a paid commission (NSFW). I have completed it and I am in two minds whether to post a censored version here.
tamina bog (Medium).jpg
sk8 tamina (Medium).jpg
Last edited by JumpJump on Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

JumpJump
Veteran

#165 Post by JumpJump »

A 20 minute picture:

[edit] picture deleted
Last edited by JumpJump on Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.