Laniessa Art Thread

Art threads specific to a single artist.
Glitterbark
Regular
Projects: Best Wishes
Tumblr: glitterbarkgaming
itch: glitterbark

Re: Laniessa Art Thread

#31 Post by Glitterbark »

Oh my goodness. I love your art to pieces! The coloring feels very... silky, especially the hair, and you really have a nice sense of how to render fabric. That background is very nice, though something feels just a little bit off with the color of the walls set against the color of the blue. Like it's too... flat? Or sickly looking? It's kind of a nagging feeling, but if you see it too, then maybe playing with the hues just a tad might help. Or maybe some incorporation of more yellow highlights into the objects could do the trick? I see you've used red in the shadows, which looks awesome, but the wall doesn't quite have the same effect. (I especially like the flat plane of the shoe cubby that's closest to the door. The shading on that looks particularly good!)

The heavy focus on a primary color palette is nice, though. (and i tooooooooottttttttalllyyy get not wanting to muck with it anymore if you just want to get a game out - and Chomp Chomp looks SUUUUUUUPER cute! Good luck with your work on it.) Good work!

The picture of the cute girl looks A+ too, cute girls are a great thing to draw. Especially the right leg - I'm totally in love with how you highlighted and shaded her long boot, there. Very striking. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work!
WIP: Image

Laniessa
Veteran
Completed: CDC, Cerulean, WBW, Helena's Flowers
Projects: Chomp Chomp, WaV
Tumblr: adirosa
Deviantart: adirosa

#32 Post by Laniessa »

Ooh, you're right! I probably ended up making the walls look green/grey. Should be a quick fix!

Thank you so much for the feedback and kind words!! ^0^

Laniessa
Veteran
Completed: CDC, Cerulean, WBW, Helena's Flowers
Projects: Chomp Chomp, WaV
Tumblr: adirosa
Deviantart: adirosa

#33 Post by Laniessa »

orz i am really bad at this updating thing. I've made several pieces of art since my last post, as expected from one month @_@ Listing them all off would take a while though tbh. You can see the full version of the image above here though!

(Aaaand if you're wondering what it's for!! Take a gander.)

I've been really busy; finishing up Without a Voice art, Chomp Chomp CGs, uni projects, some Khzi & the Cursed Stone art and most recently, some more work for Apple Cider!! If I find some time, I'll try to compile screenshots from Without a Voice to show off my GUI from the game too ^0^

Visual novels is sort of suffering because you might draw 20 illustrations but you can't share any of them because of spoilers!!!! Gosh!!!!!! I hope you all enjoy in-game though!!!!!!