Please critique newbie's art

Art threads specific to a single artist.
_Shiro_
Regular
Projects: 6 days

Please critique newbie's art

#1 Post by _Shiro_ »

I've been practicing character drawing for almost 2 months, and this is my work at the moment, please give me your feedback on which part did i do wrong, and if possible, how to fix it.

Thank you very much!
Contact info:
FB: Shiro VN
Email: tlvh110493@gmail.com

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

Re: Please critique newbie's art

#2 Post by Kato »

The only thing that stands out as odd to me is the posture of the images seems a little crooked to me. Standing with legs together and leaning to a side like that feels really uncomfortable which is probably why it jumps out at me:
The middle of the waist and face should more or less line up with the red line in the picture.

EDIT: Same thing with the second picture, though less noticeable, and the arms on the third are quite short. The wrist should more or less line up with the waistline rather than stopping short.

That being said, for 2 months of drawing the line art really is fantastic. It's nothing a bit of practice (and perhaps some digital magic) won't fix. :lol:
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

_Shiro_
Regular

#3 Post by _Shiro_ »

Thank you very much xD, for more information, i drew them all using 2B pencil, and then colored them with color pencils, no digital work used when drawing or after that xD ( just a bit of photoshop to lighten them up before posting, because the pictures taken by my phone were too dark ).

If there's anything else wrong with them, pls tell me, i want to improve :)
Contact info:

megatuga
Regular
Projects: 6 days (name subject to change)

#4 Post by megatuga »

You should start by getting a good way to scan your pictures... just saying... XD

Anyway, I'm sorry this might not sound professional (not as the first reply that is) but it's my opinion anyway:

The first girl looks awesome, the shining effect on her hair... brilliant.

In the second, there seems to be something weird with her hands, I can't exactly say what because of the image quality but there is something wrong. It might be just me though.

There third one is really nice, I like the perspective effect on the road and how you drew the character without making him look out of place and out of the frame. Again, there is something with his hands which I really can't tell. There seems to be a river/road to the right which doesn't look good. It makes a turn to the right but doesn't keep the width from the beginning. (if this is a river then it should be fine, but if it is a road).

_Shiro_
Regular

#5 Post by _Shiro_ »

Ah yes about the hands, now that you mention it, it was probably because of the low quality of the pics, they look pretty normal in the original pictures i have here :).

And you are right =.=, i should go and scan them, will do so tomorrow morning ( It's 10:40 p.m here btw )

and it is a river, not a road, but you are right, it looks weird now that i look at them again.

Thank you so much for you comment xD
Contact info: