Kami's attempt at drawing [Website template requests]

Art threads specific to a single artist.
Kami
Regular
Deviantart: sevowen
Github: KamiShepard

Kami's attempt at drawing [Website template requests]

#1 Post by Kami »

Hello, I am a programmer, which means my art is not the highest class art! To be honest it’s been years since I drew something properly!

I am taking website template requests (web design template will include PSD file and (if it is requested) I will write CSS and XHTML file for you). First come first served! (may take up to 3 days to complete!)
You will need: to specify exact color scheme (if you got one, if not I will come up with one), make sure you specify any particular features that you may require, and would be best if you provide me with logo of the game or team, depending on for what reason you need that template and also particular graphics you want to use: such as character sprites or CG's. List of people who are in a queue:
1. Armee
2. AlexisQuinn

My latest works are two pictures of an elf, the rest of the images are few years old.

My biggest issue is that I can draw linearts, but I am just terrible when it comes to coloring! I just can’t get it right and so I always stop drawing after I finish lineart, which lead me to have loads unfinished drawings... I did research coloring tutorials but they all seemed to be too sophisticated for a beginner like me, if you have any links to beginner coloring tutorials I would be grateful if you leave them here ;o

Will add more if I ever finish ones I am working on right now D;
Recent drawing #1
Recent drawing #1
Recent drawing #2
Recent drawing #2
Colored_Azurel_by_AnimeOsoroshii.jpg
Wind_Pride_Osoroshii_by_AnimeOsoroshii.jpg
I did not color this one! Its too well colored to be my work ;D
I did not color this one! Its too well colored to be my work ;D
winter_part_1_by_animeosoroshii-d38d1bk.jpg
Last edited by Kami on Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
Programming: C/C++, Java, PHP, SQL, Pyhon, JavaScrip, XHTML, CSS
AniVita Games | DeviantArt
Honest Critique

myapple
Regular
Projects: RoG2.0, Stirling
Organization: red inc.

Re: Kami's attempt at drawing

#2 Post by myapple »

I think you have a lot of potential!
Your lines are pretty nice, the colouring in the first picture really isn't half bad (you pretty much got the lighting spot on).

Tutorials can be a pain in the butt to find when you're just starting out, but dont give up! Sifting through http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 46&t=14980 might be of help :)

Armee
Veteran

#3 Post by Armee »

Your lineart work fine
obiviously better than mine
. Same goes to your coloring.
Take some more tutorial and keep learning, that's good for a programmer.

shinyshoe

#4 Post by shinyshoe »

You're off to a great start. I suggest experimenting with line widths and textures, and start using lines that aren't black or shades of black. Brown lines or lines that are the color of their surrounding area work great and make it less cartoon-like. You know basic placement of shadows, but it doesn't hurt to make stronger shadows to make the drawings stand out more.

Kami
Regular

#5 Post by Kami »

Thanks for all supporting comments! I will try and improve my drawing, I just have problems finding motivation to color anything D; when it comes to coloring and I see my result I often just close my drawing without saving it, that's how bad it usually is ;D

But on a brighter note I will be taking 3 requests for webdesign template! (web design template will include PSD file and (if it is requested) I will write CSS and XHTML file for you). First come first served! (may take up to 3 days to complete!)
You will need: to specify exact color scheme (if you got one, if not I will come up with one), make sure you specify any particular features that you may require, and would be best if you provide me with logo of the game or team, depending on for what reason you need that template and also particular graphics you want to use: such as character sprites or CG's. List of people who are in a queue:
1. Armee
2. AlexisQuinn (https://kuler.adobe.com/Pink-Lemonade-c ... me-220044/)
Last edited by Kami on Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Honest Critique

Kami
Regular

Re: Kami's attempt at drawing [Website template requests]

#6 Post by Kami »

In progress of my first request. I was asked fairly simplistic web design dominant blue/white colors.
Here is progress so far: http://i.imgur.com/WJ4oTBP.jpg
All imaged I used are not mine and were used as placeholders to indicate size and placement.

I would love to hear comments from user point of view.
Honest Critique

AlexisQuinn
Completed: Shadows In The Darkness
Projects: FearLove, Internet: A Murder Mystery
Organization: Veria

Re: Kami's attempt at drawing [Website template requests]

#7 Post by AlexisQuinn »

Color scheme: pink/yellow
It would just be something simple for wordpress where I can display pictures as needed and post newslinks and stuff. Something similar to what you pictured here http://i.imgur.com/WJ4oTBP.jpg but with a pink/yellow color scheme would suit me nicely as long as it would fit wordpress ^-^
might need section for pages and perhaps one for a facebook button.
Logo is in my signature.

Thank you very much!
Completed Projects
Shadows In The Darkness(mini poetic KN)