Emocookie's questions and possible art dump!

Art threads specific to a single artist.
emocookie41
Regular
Projects: Island Story

Emocookie's questions and possible art dump!

#1 Post by emocookie41 »

Not sure what an Art dump is but I do have a question regarding coloring ^^ not something that would be tutorial grade though More of a personal preference question ^^
This guy needs to be colored. I got someone for coloring my images, not sure how long she'll continue coloring them but yeah lol. Anyways she likes me to tell her what colors to use... I draw black and white... no color so I have no idea. What colors do you think would be good for him??

He could make a smexy red head o.o -red head fetish- but he could go blonde, brunette, anything!! So... help me decide... What colors should he be?

Also ^^ Once he is colored he will be offered as a free sprite with at least 2 different poses, 3 expressions min of each pose, and uh... gonna draw him shirtless for sure XD smexy abs everywhere XD he'll also be posted with his none colored version for you people who like coloring ^^...

Also another question o.o uh... I see these downloadable folders everywhere that hold all the sprite art in threads... HOW!!! HOW DO YOU DO THIS!!! I've no idea... driving me nuts... Also want to see how many people download my sprites XD feed the ego...

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

Re: Emocookie's questions and possible art dump!

#2 Post by MaiMai »

If you're going to offer this as a free sprite, you can simply give the option of multiple hair colors, like a dress up doll.

It seems like you don't have that much experience using colors. I think in your case, it's a good idea to look at some basic color theory since there is a science to how colors look good, believe it or not.

http://www.colormatters.com/color-and-d ... lor-theory

And if you ever have trouble picking colors, the best thing to do is experiment and see what you like. I like using this website below to try out different colors.

http://www.colourpod.com/
Also another question o.o uh... I see these downloadable folders everywhere that hold all the sprite art in threads... HOW!!! HOW DO YOU DO THIS!!! I've no idea... driving me nuts... Also want to see how many people download my sprites XD feed the ego...
Eh, do you mean you're wondering how people save sprites as layers as opposed to separate PNG images?
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

chocojax
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Umbra, Familiarity, Maleficent Justice
Tumblr: chocojax

#3 Post by chocojax »

Not sure what an Art dump is
An art dump is basically where you dump down anything that you've drawn, I believe.

Basically, what MaiMai said for colors.
I see these downloadable folders everywhere that hold all the sprite art in threads... HOW!!! HOW DO YOU DO THIS!!!
May want to calm down a bit. Are you talking about *.zips? You can select multiple files -> right click -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder.
Also want to see how many people download my sprites XD feed the ego...
You can see how many people downloaded your files if you upload a zip onto your post.

emocookie41
Regular

#4 Post by emocookie41 »

Haha thank you ^^ Sorry I'm a bit hyper... Couldn't draw for 3 days because I ran out of paper... Got it and haven't been to bed in... over 24 hours?? I should stop drawing and sleep...

Though now I must study color theory XD

Um... No I was asking about how to save them like a doll though that would be nice to know ^^ I feel kinda dumb not knowing how to upload zips... finally scrolled down the page and saw the "choose file" option lmfao oops ^^ my problem isn't too much not knowing what to color him.. if left to my own devices all my characters end up with red hair, green eyes, black shirts, and blue or black jeans but uh... need some variety XD I already have a red haired sprite up in forums even though he isn't as well drawn as this...

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#5 Post by MaiMai »

Um... No I was asking about how to save them like a doll though that would be nice to know ^^ I feel kinda dumb not knowing how to upload zips... finally scrolled down the page and saw the "choose file" option lmfao oops ^^ my problem isn't too much not knowing what to color him.. if left to my own devices all my characters end up with red hair, green eyes, black shirts, and blue or black jeans but uh... need some variety XD I already have a red haired sprite up in forums even though he isn't as well drawn as this...
Variety is something you're going to have to decide for yourself. Like I said, experiment with colors, look up men/teenage boy's clothing to get ideas of what kind of colors are used in male clothing etc. You're gonna have to do the heavy research here.

I can't say I really understand what exactly you're asking for in terms of saving a sprite.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

soraibi
Regular

#6 Post by soraibi »

Don't worry, I'll stick with your this project to the ends of the universe!!!! :lol:
[Edit] Or until you want to colour it yourself of course :)

emocookie41
Regular

#7 Post by emocookie41 »

soraibi wrote:Don't worry, I'll stick with your this project to the ends of the universe!!!! :lol:
[Edit] Or until you want to colour it yourself of course :)
Haha thank you Soraibi XD I'm slowly learning how to color lol

soraibi
Regular

#8 Post by soraibi »

Well, keep up the practice! xD