Sendo's Sketchbook

Art threads specific to a single artist.
RheaZeamoll
Completed: The Clown
Organization: Aurora Incendium Productions

Re: Crest's Sketchbook

#31 Post by RheaZeamoll »

crestforge wrote:Thank you SimonLayton! Here's your request. I really liked how the coloring turned out so I polished it a little bit :3 Kinda played with the headset before I settled with the chrome-ish material. I certainly had fun drawing this, hope you like it ^^

Also, I've been practicing drawing 3D things without the aid of 3d programs and here are some decent sketches.
;;;;;OOOOOOOOOOO;;;;; THAT'S PETE HELLO PETE CAN I BORROW YOUR HEADPHONES ;_;

BUT OH MY GOD YOUR ART IS SO WONDERFUL I'M CRYING ;;;;.;;;; This and the backgrounds and the 3D arts YOU ARE SO GOOD~~~
| Writer | Editor | Artist | Honest Critique
| The Clown | dissonance in my head | aurora incendium productions |

| Editor, Proofreader and Researcher at your service! |

Dreaming of the day I take over the world with animals. Beware.

Duskylli
Regular
Completed: The Mishka Effect, Fairly Dangerous.
Projects: Palette Swap

#32 Post by Duskylli »

crestforge wrote:Here's your request Duskylli. Went for a simple flat coloring style and tried a sort of fish-eye angle so it's kinda distorted, I couldn't decide which character so I kinda just drew them all (well except Mishka's other personas) Hope you like it! :3 Also, TME was awesome, great job you guyss, looking forward to the next update ^^
Wowowowowowowwow! Park Ranger's eyes really drew my in. Mind if I make avatars out of this, post this elsewhere and link your DA? SimonLayton's request came out really nice too- those colours <3.

Aww thank you for playing TME and for your kind words ;-; It means a lot.

Have fun experimenting.

SimonLayton
Regular

#33 Post by SimonLayton »

crestforge wrote:Thank you SimonLayton! Here's your request. I really liked how the coloring turned out so I polished it a little bit :3 Kinda played with the headset before I settled with the chrome-ish material. I certainly had fun drawing this, hope you like it ^^
I'M INTERNALLY SCREAMING THANK YOU SO MUCH, *GRABS OC AND HUGS HIM* I love his headphones, the colors, everything thank youuuuu. ;_; And I'm glad you had fun! :3 I love your helicopter sketch too and the style you did in TME sketch. :D makes me regret failing drafting class orz
Duskylli wrote:Mind if I make avatars out of this, post this elsewhere and link your DA?
Mind if I do the same too with my request? ;O;
RheaZeamoll wrote:;;;;;OOOOOOOOOOO;;;;; THAT'S PETE HELLO PETE CAN I BORROW YOUR HEADPHONES ;_;
Yeeessss it's him, and I want his headset too. ;o;
Honest Critique
itch.io | avatar by crestforge

sendo
Veteran
Completed: To Libertad, Diamond Rose, SC2VN, Sickness VN
Projects: eroges!
itch: sendo

#34 Post by sendo »

@RheaZeamoll Thanks! Though I personally think I still have a loooong way to go. ^^

@Duskylli Actually, THANK YOU and the rest of the team for making the game!

@SimonLayton Thanks! Well, you don't need drafting skills, just train your hand to draw quick strokes. And don't forget a lot of trial-and-error practice ^^

And I don't mind posting the requests somewhere else, just leave a link back to my DA and we're good :3
Finished VNs:
Image Image

sendo
Veteran

#35 Post by sendo »

Just dumping some recent sketches, inspired by playing some FPS recently. Just learned you can use heavy strokes to separate elements when doing sketches or lineart.
Attachments
ground.jpg
5-6-14.jpg
Finished VNs:
Image Image

Duskylli
Regular
Completed: The Mishka Effect, Fairly Dangerous.
Projects: Palette Swap

#36 Post by Duskylli »

crestforge wrote:Just dumping some recent sketches, inspired by playing some FPS recently. Just learned you can use heavy strokes to separate elements when doing sketches or lineart.
Oh interesting, how would you use this technique for people?

sendo
Veteran

#37 Post by sendo »

I think you could apply the heavy strokes on overlapping elements, like when the arms are crossed or the person is wearing a lot of clothes on top of each other maybe even hair. The effect is easily more apparent when using it on a lineart that has a lot of lines, and you want to separate certain elements from each other. I think I have an idea for my next sketch :D
Finished VNs:
Image Image

sendo
Veteran

#38 Post by sendo »

Here's a fanart for one of my favorite RPGs, Final Fantasy 6. Gau trying to get the Leaf Bunny (supposedly, it looks like an ordinary rabbit xD) to teach him some rage skills.

Been piling too much unfinished sketches and stuff so I decided to do a polished piece for a change. But the BG was added as an afterthought so it's not really detailed or polished D:
Attachments
gau.jpg
Finished VNs:
Image Image

sendo
Veteran

#39 Post by sendo »

My entry for the weekly art challenge at the rpgmaker forums with the theme nostalgia.

Final Fantasy 7 brings a lot of fond memories of my childhood. Yep. :')
Attachments
nostalgia.jpg
Finished VNs:
Image Image

sendo
Veteran

#40 Post by sendo »

So I tried recording myself drawing something since a friend of mine kept insisting I do a video. I finally managed to do it but I was nervous the whole time since I didn't think my computer can handle it so I kept it short. It turned out fine I guess. Anyway, here's the video, original time 1hr 9min:

And here's the final result (so many mistakes, haha, but it was fun :)):
5-25-14.jpg
Finished VNs:
Image Image

TheGuraGuraMan
Veteran

#41 Post by TheGuraGuraMan »

That's pretty cool, I'll watch the video when I'll have more time :3

The left arm seems too long tough.

sendo
Veteran

#42 Post by sendo »

You're right, the arm is really long and it even looks like it's detached from the body D: I should have noticed that. Ah well, no time to fix it now, but I will keep it in mind. Thanks for your feedback :)
Finished VNs:
Image Image

sendo
Veteran

#43 Post by sendo »

About a week's worth of sketches that doubled as hand and pose studies, heh :D
Attachments
sketch 6-18-14b.jpg
Finished VNs:
Image Image

sendo
Veteran

Sendo's Sketchbook

#44 Post by sendo »

Trying to apply anime background studies I've been doing lately.

The second one is a mix of 2d and 3d (blender), as you can see in the original 3d render. I used Blender to set up the shot and painted over it to give it texture, colors and all that good stuff. Still trying to learn 3d texturing so most of my models are just plain polygons.

I didn't use 3d for the first one since it was originally a simple doodle, but then I liked it so I detailed it a bit.

And yeah, I've been having a little bit of problem keeping track of my different usernames across the web so I'll just use my real nickname everywhere, heh.

Click for 1920 x 1080 resolution.
Attachments
bg_hometown_signed.png
bg_road_original.png
bg_road_signed.png
Finished VNs:
Image Image

sendo
Veteran

Re: Sendo's Sketchbook

#45 Post by sendo »

A lot of times I get caught up with getting the perfect stroke/tapering/form of the line that it actually detracts from drawing itself! Does someone else fall to this? That's why I've been practicing using a consistently sized brush (no size pressure/sensitivity) to rid myself of that.

The upside is that I actually get to focus more on the drawing and less on Ctrl+Z-ing or erasing and redoing the stroke. Obviously the downside is that linework looks kinda boring. But then again, just use it for sketching, and do the 'clean' linework on another layer... Or jump right in and paint, forget pretty lines :P

Anyway, here's a doodle using that method.
Attachments
7-24-14.jpg
Finished VNs:
Image Image