Help with guns.

Art threads specific to a single artist.
VerdeICe
Regular

Help with guns.

#1 Post by VerdeICe »

I suck at everything not human or nature. I NEED GUNS... for my game. Its very violent and stuff. So yea guns. Just how do you draw them. I tryed using geometric shapes.... I end up with like a really ugly block thing. Not very gun like, nope not at all. Anyone want to give me pointers on how to draw guns.... like really good.
Attachments
RObot.jpg

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

Re: Help with guns.

#2 Post by MaiMai »

If you want to know how to draw anything ever, first there's using google and observing pictures of what you want to draw. You can literally search with "How to Draw Guns" and you'll have hundreds of image references.

Another art resource is Deviantart. Among all those users there's usually at least one person who probably has what you're looking for, like this: http://coonass.deviantart.com/art/How-t ... -313479090

So yeah, train your search engine skills.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

VerdeICe
Regular

#3 Post by VerdeICe »

This was true. Google is a friend, just couldn't get a good tutorial from it or just did not have the will to search for one. ANYWAY: that devantart thing works pretty well for my NEEDS> so yes. Here is a a winned brownie.

VerdeICe
Regular

Re: Help with guns. Also other stuff.

#4 Post by VerdeICe »

Well That tutorial... was ok I guess.. Anyway- can anyone help me make this gun a little better, or even a variation if you feel like it on the gun itself. It would really help me. Maybe if anyone wouldent mind... Could you perhaps reline the hand so I can see the proper way to do it... Dont tell me to Google it. I can never find exactly what I need there. T+T

And maybe critique on poses... like how I could have posed the character better. Just anything you guys feel could be improved would be just lovely. I probably post more stuff later.
Attachments
RObot.png

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

#5 Post by SundownKid »

I feel like the dude should be holding the gun with both hands, and down, not up. Right now it feels like they are holding some paper, not a pistol. Even if they are holding with one hand, their hand seems a little too rotated sideways.

You could also work on less forward facing poses, maybe ones utilizing references. And your sketching needs some work, right now the lines are way too scribbly. Sketched lines should be as precise as possible without having to scribble back and forth.

ThisIsNoName
Veteran

#6 Post by ThisIsNoName »

Do you know what style of gun you're going for? Cyberpunk? Modern? Futuristic? Tactical? Zeerust?

As for poses, some of the best references you can find are First-Person Shooter game covers. They almost always focus on a single character holding a specific weapon, and they are carefully designed to express what the game devs want you to think about the game.

Here's a good collection to get you started.

One specific piece of advice I would have is to turn the hand so the palm is facing inward. If you try posing your arm the way it is now, you'll see it's very uncomfortable, if not painful.

edit: Here's a redline showing the palm facing in:
RObot redline.png

VerdeICe
Regular

#7 Post by VerdeICe »

ThisIsNoName wrote:Do you know what style of gun you're going for? Cyberpunk? Modern? Futuristic? Tactical? Zeerust?

As for poses, some of the best references you can find are First-Person Shooter game covers. They almost always focus on a single character holding a specific weapon, and they are carefully designed to express what the game devs want you to think about the game.

Here's a good collection to get you started.

One specific piece of advice I would have is to turn the hand so the palm is facing inward. If you try posing your arm the way it is now, you'll see it's very uncomfortable, if not painful.

edit: Here's a redline showing the palm facing in:
RObot redline.png
Dude your such a boss. You fixed my retarded GUN! Very helpful information too. Cyberpunk sounds about right or futuristic.