LetsSpiralStars' Art thread (updated - July 6/2014)

Art threads specific to a single artist.
Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

Re: LetsSpiralStars' Art thread (updated - July 6/2014)

#16 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Here you go! I'll clean and color her once I get some time, seeing as you did so for my requests <3 Sadie is very cute btw!

I used my own request to give feedback because I'm vain like that. I'm horrible at drawing directly online, so excuse the crude redline in advance.

Basically...
- Your anatomy/proportions are off. The skull is much too small and the eyes/mouth/ and lips are not in the right perspective. Looking at references is the best advice I can give here.
- Your coloring is very light/blotchy making it hard to distinguish things.
- Your overall style is very cute and I like it. I think you're going for the big eye anime look that I really admire.

Your style has a lot of potential as long as you keep pushing to improve, building on your strong points, and upping the cuteness factor. Hope this helped some >>" Use google as a reference for poses as much as you can! Don't be afraid to push your colors and add shading (even if it's off at first) as much as you can.

This tutorial might help (among many) with soft shading reminiscent of anime works ==> http://kuro-mai.deviantart.com/art/Soft ... -296429016
Attachments
Redline for Stars2.png
Redline for Stars.png
Sadie_FireEmblemOC.jpg
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.