★ aquamista's Art & Requests! [Critiques welcome!] ★

Art threads specific to a single artist.
aquamista
Regular

★ aquamista's Art & Requests! [Critiques welcome!] ★

#1 Post by aquamista »

Hello everyone! aquamista here, this'll be a little doodle/artwork dump~

The stuff in here are mostly the traditional sketches and the impulsive ones that I take less time on, so if you want to see the better ones, please visit my Deviantart~

I also do free traditional sketch requests so feel free to send a character my way!~ :D

Here are some of my recent artworks!

"Frozen Blue", a fanart of Hatsune Miku using a color palette by Eimii.
Freezing - Miku.jpg
A quick little doodle of my YouTube alias I made for my phone wallpaper~
Aqua wallpaper.jpg
A shounen-ai sketch of my friend's OC Kaito Konaru and my own OC, NiTRo
Kaito NiTRo cuteness wo.jpg
I love to do watercolors too~ This is a new unnamed OC of mine, he's an artist~ O u O
2014-07-20 17.00.20.png
Another watercolor postcard, this time it's a fanart of Sunako of Wallflower.
2014-07-23 15.28.07.png
Fanart watercolor postcard of Momoi Satsuki of Kuroko no Basket~
2014-07-20 12.47.14.png
Perspective practice with NiTRo's childhood self~
2014-07-25 16.49.33.png
I sketched out an OC idea based on a man I saw earlier that day!
2014-06-19 01.28.38.png
Shounen-Ai sketch of Tiger and Bunny that I very much enjoyed drawing XDDD
2014-06-16 23.57.16.png
Another sketch of NiTRo and Kaito, this time with a super nonsense pose LOL I just wanted to draw them all cute I don't even know-
2014-07-22 00.17.40.png
A midnight artist rage sketch, please don't mind the incorrect kanji and hiragana I was like half-asleep XDD The words are lyrics to "Magic of Massacre" by Utsu-P
2014-07-18 23.50.50#1.png
Chibi sketch for my friend~
20140401_154732.jpg
I do have a scanner but it's in my brother's room and I get lazy to go there so I use my phone most of the time OTL;; But I'll be sure to scan it as much as I can for the requests!

Thanks for looking through my art!!~

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

Re: ★ aquamista's Art & Requests! [Critiques welcome!] ★

#2 Post by Ran08 »

Wow, your sketches are so cool! Especially your digital art, hahaha. :D That Aqua wallpaper sure is lovely~

I like you art style, hahaha, it gives me a quirky feel of the drawing. :D

Can I please request a sketch? :D Anyone from The Thing With Mistletoes please! Haha. The link is in my sig. :) Thank you!

aquamista
Regular

#3 Post by aquamista »

Ran08 wrote:Wow, your sketches are so cool! Especially your digital art, hahaha. :D That Aqua wallpaper sure is lovely~

I like you art style, hahaha, it gives me a quirky feel of the drawing. :D

Can I please request a sketch? :D Anyone from The Thing With Mistletoes please! Haha. The link is in my sig. :) Thank you!
Thank you so much!!~ I'm trying to improve more of my digitals so you'll see a lot more digital works than traditional on my DeviantArt XDDD

I'm glad you like my art style! I keep being told it isn't very interesting so that makes me happy~

As for your request! I wasn't able to scan it this time but here's a quick sketch of your character Lumina~ I hope you like it :D
2014-07-30 23.52.10.png

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#4 Post by azureXtwilight »

Wow, I envy those who can do amazing watercolor works! Keep up the amazing job, I have to say that the dark-haired girl whose back is facing us is my favorite drawing.

Hmm, may I request any of the characters from Re:Set? Link here : http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=25261

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#5 Post by Ran08 »

Oh my, Lumina is so pretty! <3 Great job, haha, thank you!

I don't know why anyone would say that, since your art is really interesting! :D Of course, there's always room to improve. But with more practice, your art is CERTAINLY gonna get even better!

Thanks again for this request thread trolololol. :))

aquamista
Regular

#6 Post by aquamista »

azureXtwilight wrote:Wow, I envy those who can do amazing watercolor works! Keep up the amazing job, I have to say that the dark-haired girl whose back is facing us is my favorite drawing.

Hmm, may I request any of the characters from Re:Set? Link here : http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=25261
I'm glad you like it! I love how watercolors look so I'm always trying out new watercolor techniques when I'm not doodling or doing some digital work~

I drew Neo from your game! It's challenge to draw older men for me so I hope he doesn't look too young.. > <; hope you like it! ♡
2014-08-03 16.17.23.png

aquamista
Regular

#7 Post by aquamista »

Ran08 wrote:Oh my, Lumina is so pretty! <3 Great job, haha, thank you!

I don't know why anyone would say that, since your art is really interesting! :D Of course, there's always room to improve. But with more practice, your art is CERTAINLY gonna get even better!

Thanks again for this request thread trolololol. :))
You're very welcome! ♡ I'm glad you like it!~

I definitely have lots of room to improve but the people around me just simply doesn't appreciate the anime style ^^; to them it looks like every anime ever so I guess that's also something I have to improve on.

And you're welcome! XD

chocojax
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Umbra, Familiarity, Maleficent Justice
Tumblr: chocojax

#8 Post by chocojax »

Here's a red-line and some critique on the Miku drawin'! Hope this helps. :D
- Eyes are normally halfway between the head.
- Move the mouth up a bit more. Mouth is usually not at the halfway point between the nose and chin.
- The neck is super long!
- I don't really understand the white around her eyelids, but I'm assuming that's a stylistic/intentional choice.

- I know this was using a color palette, but it's way too washed out for a regular drawing, imo. Up the contrast more, and it'd look neato.
Attachments
231dsf.png

aquamista
Regular

#9 Post by aquamista »

chocojax wrote:Here's a red-line and some critique on the Miku drawin'! Hope this helps. :D
- Eyes are normally halfway between the head.
- Move the mouth up a bit more. Mouth is usually not at the halfway point between the nose and chin.
- The neck is super long!
- I don't really understand the white around her eyelids, but I'm assuming that's a stylistic/intentional choice.

- I know this was using a color palette, but it's way too washed out for a regular drawing, imo. Up the contrast more, and it'd look neato.
Thank you so much!! I knew there was something off about the drawing but I didn't quite know what was wrong XD

I definitely think the mouth was off too, I also have difficulty with eye placement so I'll work on it~
The shoulder starts a lot higher though with a steeper angle than the shoulder shown, but it's blocked by the hair so the neck looks long XD
The white is her double eyelids, I've learned that the double eyelid part has more light than the rest of the eyelids but I may be wrong XDDDD

I did have this gigantic need to up the contrast but I felt that the faded look added to the concept and emotion I wanted to express using the faded color palette~ ^^

Kessie
Regular

#10 Post by Kessie »

Oooh nice. I especially love the way you draw hair. For me, it's a real struggle. ^^;;
My favourite piece out of the above would have to be 'Shounen-Ai sketch of Tiger and Bunny' because I love the way it depicts their personality and the expressions.. and of course the hair~!! xD

If I may, I'd like to request for this character: http://th05.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2 ... 7nv786.png

aquamista
Regular

#11 Post by aquamista »

Kessie wrote:Oooh nice. I especially love the way you draw hair. For me, it's a real struggle. ^^;;
My favourite piece out of the above would have to be 'Shounen-Ai sketch of Tiger and Bunny' because I love the way it depicts their personality and the expressions.. and of course the hair~!! xD

If I may, I'd like to request for this character: http://th05.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2 ... 7nv786.png
I really enjoy drawing hair it's just so fun XDDD especially that shounen ai sketch! I was trying out a new style of drawing hair and it was just a lot of fun to draw but also stressful XDD

And here's the sketch! I was experimenting with pencil shading too, I haven't done it in such a long time so I forgot how XD Hope you like it~
2014-08-07 00.32.53.png

Kessie
Regular

#12 Post by Kessie »

Ahaha I hope I learn to enjoy drawing hair too. I really like your style. :D

*Squeal* Thank youuuu, I love it! //pets pretty hair

aquamista
Regular

#13 Post by aquamista »

Kessie wrote:Ahaha I hope I learn to enjoy drawing hair too. I really like your style. :D

*Squeal* Thank youuuu, I love it! //pets pretty hair
I have to learn to like drawing the body hahaha XDD Thank you!!~ Good luck to you!~ :D
And you're welcome!~ I really enjoyed drawing her hair~ * ^ * and eyes, I love drawing eyes XD
----

I had a color palette art trade with my friend eienflower~ I drew her character Takeo using the color palette she chose~ Anatomy isn't the greatest but it was a quick little thing so XD
Takeo.jpg

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#14 Post by Coren »

Can I request anyone from Crimson Rafflesia or Mica: Apoptosis please! :D Your art is amazing.

aquamista
Regular

#15 Post by aquamista »

Coren wrote:Can I request anyone from Crimson Rafflesia or Mica: Apoptosis please! :D Your art is amazing.
Oh my gosh I'm so sorry for taking so long, I had a trip and I couldn't get around this until now OTL I drew Sho from Crimson Rafflesia~ There wasn't much about her personality so I hope I captured most of her as a character XD;;
2014-08-21 17.23.55.png
--------

I also did a sketch of my own OC NiTRo~ This was his past self, as his current self hides something on his lower half of his face by always wearing a mask.
2014-08-19 02.07.48.png
I also did a fun little art trade by a friend from DeviantArt, featuring NiTRo and her OC Neo~ NiTRo has depth perception issues due to only having one working eye and Neo just.. trips a lot XDDDD
NiTRo Neo Collab sfx.jpg