Ink's Blots (Critique always welcomed!)

Art threads specific to a single artist.
Inksword
Regular
Tumblr: inksword

Ink's Blots (Critique always welcomed!)

#1 Post by Inksword »

Hi my name's Inky and I'm an artist! It's going to seem like I draw a TON from this first post, but I'm picking from everything I've done in the past two years or so and that means more than normal and mostly stuff I have a soft spot for. I'm going to put things under spoilers so you won't be flooded with images, but a few choice pieces are below! Apparently that doesn't work? So here you go, be flooded with images. There is one image of a man in lingerie so your judgement if that's too NSFW for you...

I am also a 2D animator! You can see my demo reel >>here<<

LOOKOUT TOO SEXY (nsfw for lingerie below):

More people and portraits:

Sketches and roughs:
A character I designed and poses for her

A BUNCH of pokemon gjinka/magical girl designs

And others

I also do coloring! I didn't draw these but I colored them!:

I do colors for a pokemon nuzlocke webcomic called Alterity! These are from that!

Last edited by Inksword on Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

Re: Ink's Blots (Critique always welcomed!)

#2 Post by Kato »

I love everything happening here :lol: and your animation reel is amazing! Welcome to the forum!
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

Inksword
Regular

#3 Post by Inksword »

Kato wrote:I love everything happening here :lol: and your animation reel is amazing! Welcome to the forum!
Thank you very much! I'm glad to be here!

Inksword
Regular

#4 Post by Inksword »

A WIP of two of my characters (a father-daughter pair) from a promt that was to draw them in a haunted house style scare-cam pose! I have started the colors and have the day off tomorrow so I'm hoping to finish it up and post it halloween night!

Bonus: I thought my sketch looked very silly for these two (though I lost this particular rendition to a crash)

Inksword
Regular

#5 Post by Inksword »

Gasp what's this? Potential sprite sketches?

... maybe :p

Inksword
Regular

#6 Post by Inksword »

LINES! I worked on this instead of the actual Halloween picture I said I was going to OTL

Inksword
Regular

#7 Post by Inksword »

So this is my first completed shot at a sprite. I'm really open to critique on this especially about anything that might be specific to sprites intended for game use in particular! The eyes, eyebrows and mouth are all on separate layers so expressions are possible, but for this little test I didn't make any alternate ones.

raistlintg
Regular
Projects: Silver (VN)

#8 Post by raistlintg »

Congrats, your drawing is very lively, this character seems ready to come out of my screen ! :o

You kept eyes, mouth and eyebrowns on different layers, but did you do the same with the arms ?
For a game-intended sprite, it could be useful to have another arm position available (in this case it would also require a second tie fold pattern to match the arms's position).

Inksword
Regular

#9 Post by Inksword »

raistlintg wrote:Congrats, your drawing is very lively, this character seems ready to come out of my screen ! :o

You kept eyes, mouth and eyebrowns on different layers, but did you do the same with the arms ?
For a game-intended sprite, it could be useful to have another arm position available (in this case it would also require a second tie fold pattern to match the arms's position).
Ah! No I did not! That is also a great idea. When I was drawing I was thinking of VNs where there's fully redrawn poses for extreme reactions (usually surprise or anger) but now that you mention it it's totally true that you can pose just the arms for effect too. I will definitely keep that in mind for creating offical sprites :o Thanks!

Now that you mention it I could have put her clothes on a new layer too so I could do outfit changes easily too. Thanks for the tips!

Inksword
Regular

#10 Post by Inksword »

I did a prompt style ask game on tumblr that involved being given a palette and a character and I had to draw them. These were all drawn fairly quickly and had a very limited palette so there are definitely mistakes but I like how most of them turned out!

Inksword
Regular

#11 Post by Inksword »

So I thought since this was a VN forum, it was probably about time for me to post a more traditionally anime styled character. Just a sketch, but I may post more at some point. Critique open!
Attachments
anime_girl_winkstar.png

Inksword
Regular

#12 Post by Inksword »

Welp, I left lemmasoft for a few years while, but I'm back now, so here's a dump of art I've done in the meantime. Not all of what I've done by any means, but its' stuff I still like and can easily grab off of other places I've uploaded, so here it is. Most of my old links broke when dropbox changed it's image hosting rules so I'll have to go repair those sometime, but in the meantime, enjoy these.

Pokemon stuff!:

Random trainers

Gjinka Junk:

Roserade

Litwick

An agender porygon post-apocalyptic gjinka? Why not.

END POKEMON JUNK

Other Stuff: