Kise's Scribbles! (Open for requests.)

Art threads specific to a single artist.
Kiseki

Kise's Scribbles! (Open for requests.)

#1 Post by Kiseki »

Hello, guys! I've joined here, not so long ago, curious as I am to learn about VN development-- particularly about the art surrounding them. I'm working on my style, too.. though at the moment here's what I have! (Most of these were from experiments and WIPs, based on what catches my eye, so they don't usually stay with one specific style.) Oh and yeah. Quick requests are welcome~!

**Image size warnings.**

I did these for avatars before. (The second one is a redraw because I didn't know they had a standard school uniform.)

This was a retake of a character I did for a friend a year ago (which I wasn't too happy about).

Quick painting spree. ^^ Yeah, it was a bit hurried, judging from the paint dabs. This and the dude above were overpainted works.

This is another quick piece. Bold lines.

Sketchy piece done for a group's banner.

Testing, testing, overpainting once more. For a mobile wallpaper.

Deliberately tried for an otome look. -shot-

Aaaaand a doshin character concept. Phew.

I'm terribly envious of the watercolor-y styles, but those didn't work for my heavy-handedness. Any tips would be much appreciated, you guys. Thank you. Hahaha.
Last edited by Kiseki on Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kiseki

Re: Kise's Scribbles!

#2 Post by Kiseki »

Video done with character art -- the background one isn't mine. Stock got off the net. ^^ Excuse the sucky voiceacting. (Was trying out a voiceacting script, and didn't feel like using a static photo through the entire duration.)

Barely five seconds, and it had me at 46 frames for this. OTL

potouto
Veteran
Projects: (งツ)ว
Organization: MOONBBIT☆

#3 Post by potouto »

You have really cute drawings hehe
My only suggestion is try to draw faces with both eyes ORZ and learn more face anatomy structure, it felt a bit off in some of your drawings.
Oh can I have these two or just him? If you can :)

yeah well | commission | website

CSV
Regular
Tumblr: csvidaldraws
Deviantart: csvidal
itch: csvidal

#4 Post by CSV »

All your pictures are so pretty. My favorite is the character concept one. :D And the image in the first video would look particularly good in a visual novel, I think. Are you working on any visual novel of your own?
Also, if I can have a request, could you please draw my character Vincent? (reference near the bottom of the page)
☆☆☆
(portfolio)
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Kiseki

#5 Post by Kiseki »

Josie wrote:You have really cute drawings hehe
My only suggestion is try to draw faces with both eyes ORZ and learn more face anatomy structure, it felt a bit off in some of your drawings.
Oh can I have these two or just him? If you can :)
It's the chin, isn't it? Haha. I got the particular comment off Akane. I had the tendency to draw a lot of one-eyed characters earlier (reasons being 1. they're designed that way, or 2. lazy artist is lazy -shot-). The latest ones had me drawing a pair. ^^ Sure. Want it to be in PNG format?
CSV wrote:All your pictures are so pretty. My favorite is the character concept one. :D And the image in the first video would look particularly good in a visual novel, I think. Are you working on any visual novel of your own?
Also, if I can have a request, could you please draw my character Vincent? (reference near the bottom of the page)
I liked how Senrou turned out, no fancy coloring tricks or anything. I put any ventures into VN's on hold, since the codes overwhelmed me. wwwwww Sure thing. ^^

potouto
Veteran

#6 Post by potouto »

And the mouth for Akane too ● 3● pshh it's okay to be lazy, I laze around all the time. Senrou's design is really cute though. Yes that would be nice. I stalked you on Twitter by the way *winks*

CSV
Regular
Tumblr: csvidaldraws
Deviantart: csvidal
itch: csvidal

#7 Post by CSV »

Kiseki wrote:I liked how Senrou turned out, no fancy coloring tricks or anything. I put any ventures into VN's on hold, since the codes overwhelmed me. wwwwww Sure thing. ^^
I don't know much about programming, but I actually really like writing the codes in Ren'Py. If you have any questions or need help you can ask me (if you want to), I'd be glad to help if I can. =)
☆☆☆
(portfolio)
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Kiseki

#8 Post by Kiseki »

CSV wrote:
Kiseki wrote:I liked how Senrou turned out, no fancy coloring tricks or anything. I put any ventures into VN's on hold, since the codes overwhelmed me. wwwwww Sure thing. ^^
I don't know much about programming, but I actually really like writing the codes in Ren'Py. If you have any questions or need help you can ask me (if you want to), I'd be glad to help if I can. =)
I'll remember that. XD Right now, I'm stuck with the illustration thing.

And yeah, I'm back. Sorry, guys! I've been busy since all of last year's final months. The workpace has calmed down recently, though. Going to share a few things I've been up to!

**Image size warning.**

^ Dummy page, though it's intended to be fanart of a webcomic.

^ There was a one-pen direct drawing challenge where you drew without using pencils/drafts and no erasures.

^ One of two mascots I'll be illustrating for this year's local cosplay event. It's on August, but the earlier the better, if they want options to choose from (which means I have to draw more).

Image ............Image

^ A character redesign, but I made a few changes as I progressed. The first was simply too plain, and the expressions needed some work.

Kiseki

#9 Post by Kiseki »

Edit! Finished rendering! :D

Kiseki

#10 Post by Kiseki »

Sometimes couldn't help but do comparisons between trad and digital medium. Right now I'm trying to finish this OC artwork. I'd slapped the flats on layers and am now working on each slooowly. Haha. Then, there are the pencils. They wanted to be noticed. -slapped-

Image...Image

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#11 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Your art is amazing! I could picture it in a professional otome game :)
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

DarkSin
Regular
Completed: Rituals in the Dark (GxG), Sweetest Monster (BxG), My Magical Divorce Bureau!!
Projects: Innate Imperfections (GxG)
Organization: SinSystem
itch: darksin

#12 Post by DarkSin »

Very nice work on your latest pieces. Especially liking the pencil sketch :)

Kiseki

#13 Post by Kiseki »

DarkSin wrote:Very nice work on your latest pieces. Especially liking the pencil sketch :)

Uwaaaa, thank youuu!

New works! Quickly-done rough sketches for a single character (by request, for a cosplay event's mascot). I did multiple designs for this, and uploaded two of them.

"Mahou Shoujo"

"Candy Sweet"

Kiseki

#14 Post by Kiseki »

Was lurking in a few roleplay groups, so this was something I made for my character's "cutscene". It's a dummy though. Background is also stock photo.

Erm, recently, I've had some more free time, owing that my deadlines have been moved to October, so I can help out with art if need be for any of you guys. :D

potouto
Veteran

Re: Kise's Scribbles! (Open for requests.)

#15 Post by potouto »

Ohh I see you are open for request!! can I get anyone in Pluvial, please??