About animation

Art threads specific to a single artist.
Sayuui
Regular
Completed: Refraction, I want to fly
Projects: Seraphim, Lucid Dreamer
IRC Nick: Sayuui
Tumblr: Sayuui

About animation

#1 Post by Sayuui »

Hello everyone! You might know by now, I have took part in projects like Memories of Summer Winds and I got my recruitment thread in the recruitment area (note that it's closed now) ^^''

Let's be brief, I have made my first animation video! It's a pretty short and simple video to show my purposes of going to an University outside my country. I'd be happy if you guys viewed it and see what you think of it, I have been working on it for more than one week during my break time, so it's a lot of dedication. Also, I made a narration. I hope you don't mind my accent = v =''

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGVKqI20vt0

If you guys could leave a comment, a like and share it with your friends, I would be forever grateful! Thank you! <333
Freelance anime artist. Find me on
Recruitment thread
Twitter
Art portfolio
Instagram
Business inquiries: sayuuiart@gmail.com

truefaiterman
Veteran
Completed: EVOLVEd: Echoes of the Codex War. [ASH] The Seeds of Destruction
Projects: One Night of [SNOW], Stained with Magic
Deviantart: truefaiterman

Re: About animation

#2 Post by truefaiterman »

Well, first of all, keep up the good effort, animating stuff is an incredibly hard work, and it's never understood how much dedication and planning you actually need to make a good animation.

With that said, allow me to give you some feedback:

-Be careful with some details, there are certain elements which movement doesn't work well with the rest of the scene:
·The character's hair when she kneels down to grab the watering can. Her hair should fall when she gets to the floor, not when she grabs the item.
·Whe she walks over the books, the fact that she only moves the same leg doesn't look good, at least another drawing with the other leg moving could give more variety.
Those are a pair of examples I've seen at the first look.

-Don't be afraid of distorting the characters, specially when they make sudden or big movements:
·The way the cat falls feels very stiff, it doesn't feel like it's falling, the body should change as it falls until it reaches the floor.
·Same with the soldier, just to give it more dynamism, it's good to stretch a falling object and then "smash it" when it reaches the floor.
·The girl lacks some body language, especially when she's about to be hit by the wave: some exaggeration could give more live to the scene.

-About the narration, I don't mind the accent (well DUH, I have an awfully obvious accent), but be careful with the sound quality, there are a few times when the audio just sounds broken, so dirty I had difficulty to understand it. It's mostly because you exhaled too much air into the microphone, and you can fix that next time by getting a pop filter, or improvising it with things like socks or a strainer (Yup, it sounds stupid, but it's surprisingly effective, at least for amateur work. If you want to aim higher... well, just get the filter xD).

I liked most of the compositions, and the touches of colour were well chosen. Also, good luck with the university, and I honestly hope you learn what you're looking for.
Artist and voice actor, trying to actually write stuff.

ArtStation portfolio
Youtube channel

Recent finished projects:

Image Image

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

Re: About animation

#3 Post by Taleweaver »

Even if it's animated, it's still personal art.

Moved.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira