salt's art dump

Art threads specific to a single artist.
salt
Regular

Re: salt's art thread

#16 Post by salt »

Akitsuki wrote:Such a cute drawing! Your lineart is so neat and your coloring looks simple yet pretty!!

Wait, wait, WAIT, WAIT, DID I JUST SEE 'DOING REQUESTS'?! lololol
thank you!! And yeah, I think I'll try doing then soon, it's just that I'm totally nervous about messing up/drawing something they'll hate LOL.

CSV
Regular
Tumblr: csvidaldraws
Deviantart: csvidal
itch: csvidal

#17 Post by CSV »

Your art is so beautiful! I love the drawing style and color choices. And it's great to see more traditional art in the forums. =)
☆☆☆
(portfolio)
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

salt
Regular

#18 Post by salt »

CSV wrote:Your art is so beautiful! I love the drawing style and color choices. And it's great to see more traditional art in the forums. =)
thank you for your comment- I'm glad you like it!

salt
Regular

#19 Post by salt »

quick doodle!

I also did speed flower studies this week! It was pretty uncomfortable not being able to use a pencil to slowly outline stuff. n_n
I felt like I was walking with a broken leg with no crutch

salt
Regular

#20 Post by salt »

sorry for the lack of updates recently... I've been really looking forward to my preordered copy of Final Fantasy Type 0 and the FFXV demo. Which is, I know, a terrible reason, but... I'm just... so excited.

To make up for my absence, I'll do any quick drawing requests I receive for the next day or so! (if anyone wants one...)

edit (3/16) : i'm closed now! I'll just be doing the four I've gotten.
Last edited by salt on Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

binod_hyolmo
Deviantart: BinodHyolmo

Re: salt's art thread [accepting requests]

#21 Post by binod_hyolmo »

Hey buddy, your drawing skill is great. Ok, I got to hear that you are accepting requests. I will like to have something little different.

My request is:
"A teenage girl with cold looks in army General's uniform."

You can get reference from the looks of Mikasa Ackerman from Attack Of Titan. Uniform, hair and color are your choice. It will be great if uniform and her looks show her caliber and ranking. :D

ibukichan
Regular
Completed: Project E.A.R.T.H. [NaNo '15]
Projects: A Step Ahead, Deadhead, Jinsei no Mondai
itch: aikosakana

#22 Post by ibukichan »

Your art is really good!! :D Your line art is on point, and your colouring achieves beauty without being too complex!
I would like to request a cyberpunk girl, or something similar! That would be awesome! :)

potouto
Veteran
Projects: (งツ)ว
Organization: MOONBBIT☆

#23 Post by potouto »

Your style is so pretty ahhh how come I never noticed your thread :<
I really love your style, it really very gentle and cute (> o u o )>
Can I request for anyone from Pluvial? Pretty please?

yeah well | commission | website

salt
Regular

#24 Post by salt »

binod_hyolmo wrote: My request is:
"A teenage girl with cold looks in army General's uniform."
[img]http://puu.sh/gCsoj/.png/img]
I had no idea what to do for the uniform, but I hope this is somewhat satisfactory. Thanks for the request!
Last edited by salt on Tue May 17, 2016 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mihan

#25 Post by Mihan »

I love your style, especially the way you draw hair :) How long it takes you to draw lineart and fully colored pictures?

I think i saw Micron marker on one of the pictures, are you using those for lineart? After i discovered Micron markers i have used them for all of my linearts, in my opinion they are the best ones available. We even used Micron markers on fashion designing classes :D
I hope you don't mind me asking tons of questions, but what markers are you using for coloring?

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#26 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Could I get anyone from A Simple Act :) I really love the look of your watercolors.
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

salt
Regular

#27 Post by salt »

Mihan wrote:I love your style, especially the way you draw hair :) How long it takes you to draw lineart and fully colored pictures?

I think i saw Micron marker on one of the pictures, are you using those for lineart? After i discovered Micron markers i have used them for all of my linearts, in my opinion they are the best ones available. We even used Micron markers on fashion designing classes :D
I hope you don't mind me asking tons of questions, but what markers are you using for coloring?
Oh no, I don't mind at all! Ask me all you want :p
For traditional art, it usually takes me 10-20 min to sketch, 10 min to lineart, then 20-30 min to color something simple (ie; the 3rd pic in the first post). For digital art... probably 2/3 of that time?
(assuming there's no bg or super detailed extras)

I actually use Copic Multiliners for my black lines (they feel smoother and crisper than Micron), and Micron pens for the sepia lines. I'll probably replace my sepia Micron pens with sepia Copic Multiliners at one point, but yes, Micron is a good and way cheaper alternative that produces nice results!
ooh fashion design I studied that for a single semester last year... and realized I have no talent in that area whatsoever. :c
I'm using Copic Sketch markers to color!

Dylan_Bain
Regular
Organization: Dylan Bain Games

#28 Post by Dylan_Bain »

Your art it beautiful ;-)
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 52#p365552 Curently NOT Accepting Commisions!

salt
Regular

#29 Post by salt »

Dylan_Bain wrote:Your art it beautiful ;-)
thank you very much! <3

------

@otherrequesters ; super sorry for the lateness. I swear I'll have them up this week!

salt
Regular

#30 Post by salt »

oh man I'm so sorry for disappearing!! school/work basically ate me up :B but but I'm on summer break now, and I definitely want to improve this summer because I pretty much had zero time to draw personal/anime craps during the school year.

anyways, sketch requests maybe? I'll for sure get them up this time around ;_;

oh and i've been doing a heck ton of figure studies for the last year. I started out with the ugliest stick figure drawings( if anyone's interested in seeing my starting drawings....I'll.. maybe... show you how crappy they look).

Last edited by salt on Tue May 17, 2016 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.