Ash's Art [Critique's and Requests Welcome]

Art threads specific to a single artist.
AshenhartKrie
Veteran
Tumblr: ashenhartkrie

Ash's Art [Critique's and Requests Welcome]

#1 Post by AshenhartKrie »

I figured there's no harm in having an art thread.. especially since all my art on here (deep within the depths of old threads) was horrendous. Anatomy, facial structure, all whack!
I recently got a tablet, and I'm very impressed with the results.
I'm still fiddling with my style, but so far I'm quite happy with where I'm at, although there's definitely room for improvement (backgrounds and scenes basically. My skill is portraits. Although front on is a little difficult.)
(attached the files rather than inserted them because image hosting websites are blocked on the school's internet (why school whyyyy) but I'll add them through BBCode once I can get onto my tumblr from my laptop, so not many for now.)

So, as for critiques, I'd like to know:
- what you think I'm doing well
- what you think I can improve on
- suggestions for things to try

And for requests:
- go for anything. Just not nsfw please. I'm underage.
Attachments
A friend's DnD character. More of a painty style (it takes so long whyy art whyy)
A friend's DnD character. More of a painty style (it takes so long whyy art whyy)
Definitely my favourite picture of Floren I've done (there will be lots. I'm sorry)
Definitely my favourite picture of Floren I've done (there will be lots. I'm sorry)
A friend's OC I drew.
A friend's OC I drew.

tired. grumpy. queer
*uses he/him pronouns*

HiddenCreature
Regular
Projects: Vampire: The New Birth

Re: Ash's Art [Critique's and Requests Welcome]

#2 Post by HiddenCreature »

Since you've gotten elves on my mind, can you do Zelda's Link? Half of his face normal Link, the other half Dark Link with a wicked smile? I've never seen that before.

AshenhartKrie
Veteran

#3 Post by AshenhartKrie »

HiddenCreature wrote:Since you've gotten elves on my mind, can you do Zelda's Link? Half of his face normal Link, the other half Dark Link with a wicked smile? I've never seen that before.
I can certainly try!

(Out of curiosity, does this site have a mention feature?)

tired. grumpy. queer
*uses he/him pronouns*

HiddenCreature
Regular

#4 Post by HiddenCreature »

Not sure. You can check in the search option. If it's there, you'll find it.

AshenhartKrie
Veteran

#5 Post by AshenhartKrie »

@HiddenCreature

I'm not 100% happy with this, but I hope you like it! I needed to get some art out at least, and I was playing around with shading techniques.
Attachments
Dark Link/Link
Dark Link/Link

tired. grumpy. queer
*uses he/him pronouns*

Granted

#6 Post by Granted »

Hey man. Your art looks really great and I'd like to ask if you'd be interested in drawing a character for me. In all actuality I'm asking lots of users on here for images, as a gift to a friend of mine, who worked with me on a special project for a long time. His birthday is towards the end of the month and since I have no talent for drawing, I'd like to ask for an up close shot of a character's face.

To be specific, this image would be similar to the Zelda one you did above. Only this time could half of the character's face be of the young side, and the other half as the older side? Using a background is entirely up to you. I'd also appreciate it if you'd try to keep the character's face pretty serious.

Anyways. I hope you're interested and if so, thanks in advance.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

HiddenCreature
Regular

#7 Post by HiddenCreature »

Not bad, not bad. Thanks!

I'm not an artist myself, but one quick tip I can offer is to try and make your lines bolder, like around the eyes for example; it makes them more defined.

AshenhartKrie
Veteran

#8 Post by AshenhartKrie »

HiddenCreature wrote:Not bad, not bad. Thanks!

I'm not an artist myself, but one quick tip I can offer is to try and make your lines bolder, like around the eyes for example; it makes them more defined.
I normally do just that. I'm trying out more painting styles, so that's what this is. I'll take your advice on board, thank you.
I'd like to ask if you'd be interested in drawing a character for me. In all actuality I'm asking lots of users on here for images, as a gift to a friend of mine, who worked with me on a special project for a long time. His birthday is towards the end of the month and since I have no talent for drawing, I'd like to ask for an up close shot of a character's face.
This depends entirely on what you're asking for. If it's a sketch similar to my Link picture for HiddenCreature, I'd be happy to do that. If you were after something closer to the earlier ones in my OP, we'd be looking more along the lines of a commission rather than a simple request.

tired. grumpy. queer
*uses he/him pronouns*

Granted

#9 Post by Granted »

I'd like to ask if you'd be interested in drawing a character for me. In all actuality I'm asking lots of users on here for images, as a gift to a friend of mine, who worked with me on a special project for a long time. His birthday is towards the end of the month and since I have no talent for drawing, I'd like to ask for an up close shot of a character's face.
This depends entirely on what you're asking for. If it's a sketch similar to my Link picture for HiddenCreature, I'd be happy to do that. If you were after something closer to the earlier ones in my OP, we'd be looking more along the lines of a commission rather than a simple request.[/quote]

Yeah. I'd be interested in what you did in the Link picture. Although the character I'd like can be found in the links below my previous comment.

AshenhartKrie
Veteran

#10 Post by AshenhartKrie »

Granted wrote:
This depends entirely on what you're asking for. If it's a sketch similar to my Link picture for HiddenCreature, I'd be happy to do that. If you were after something closer to the earlier ones in my OP, we'd be looking more along the lines of a commission rather than a simple request.
Yeah. I'd be interested in what you did in the Link picture. Although the character I'd like can be found in the links below my previous comment.[/quote]

Yes, I did have a look. Do you have higher qualities references? Maybe pictures done by other artists so I can get an idea?

tired. grumpy. queer
*uses he/him pronouns*

Granted

#11 Post by Granted »

Yes, I did have a look. Do you have higher qualities references? Maybe pictures done by other artists so I can get an idea?[/quote]

Sadly, I do not. You don't have to be to detailed in copying the faces, so long as they look somewhat like the pictures. Sorry for the inconvenience, these are the only photos left of this particular individual.

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#12 Post by Coren »

Hi! Can I have anyone from any of my games please? :) Thanks!

AshenhartKrie
Veteran

Re: Ash's Art [Critiques welcome, Requests Closed]

#13 Post by AshenhartKrie »

So, I finally finished my first ever actually ok looking sprite?
Type deal.
Something looks a little off, although I can't figure out what.
Any critiques and tips would be welcome.
Edit: yes, I know the hands are screwy. I gave up on them.
Attachments
Floren, my beautiful OC.
Floren, my beautiful OC.

tired. grumpy. queer
*uses he/him pronouns*