Smudgeed's Art [Requests & Feedback appreciated!]

Art threads specific to a single artist.
Smudgeed
Regular
itch: smud

Smudgeed's Art [Requests & Feedback appreciated!]

#1 Post by Smudgeed »

Hello everyone! I'm Smudgeed, all-around newbie. I really hope to get better at art and so I want to practice as much as I can and get feedback as well! So, I'd be great if I could get some advice :) I want to grow as an artist and I feel like this is a good way of doing it.

I'd like to do requests for drawings as well, so that I make sure that I am drawing constantly and always have something to be doing. No slacking off for me!

I want to use this thread mainly to share my art (which is something I have never really done before) and to document my growth as an artist!

Thank you for stopping by!
Attachments
test2.jpg
test.png

Granted

Re: Smudgeed's Art [Requests & Feedback appreciated!]

#2 Post by Granted »

Hi. You're artwork looks really good for a certain request I have. I was hoping you could draw the character seen in the attached photo below. A head shot would be fine, but if you'd like to do more, just ask about what he wears and I'll be happy to respond. (He is wearing a long sleeved gray shirt in this photo)

Sorry for the poor quality, it's the only picture I have of this individual. All you really need to know is he has sort of a dirty blonde beard and hair as well as dark spots around his eyes.

I really hope you're interested and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

Smudgeed
Regular

#3 Post by Smudgeed »

Granted wrote:Hi. You're artwork looks really good for a certain request I have. I was hoping you could draw the character seen in the attached photo below. A head shot would be fine, but if you'd like to do more, just ask about what he wears and I'll be happy to respond. (He is wearing a long sleeved gray shirt in this photo)

Sorry for the poor quality, it's the only picture I have of this individual. All you really need to know is he has sort of a dirty blonde beard and hair as well as dark spots around his eyes.

I really hope you're interested and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
Hello, Granted. Unfortunately your picture isn't very detailed. So this was the best I could do with that :\ I hope it works for you though.
Attachments
granted.jpg

Granted

#4 Post by Granted »

No worries that looks wonderful! Big thanks for working on it! Is there any chance you could color it? If not, that's fine, after all it already looks really good. Just figured it couldn't hurt to ask. Thanks again!

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#5 Post by Coren »

Hi! Can I have anyone from any of my games in Soyasushi Productions please? :)

Smudgeed
Regular

#6 Post by Smudgeed »

Granted wrote:No worries that looks wonderful! Big thanks for working on it! Is there any chance you could color it? If not, that's fine, after all it already looks really good. Just figured it couldn't hurt to ask. Thanks again!
Crap! I'm so sorry but I am unable to colour it, I never save any of my drawings as files so I can't go under the lineart and colour it :(
Coren wrote:Hi! Can I have anyone from any of my games in Soyasushi Productions please? :)
Sure! Here's Clarisse from Ribbon of Green in a happier time, probably. This game is actually near and dear to my heart as I remember playing it back when it first came out :') This was fun to draw, thank you!
Attachments
coren.jpg

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo

#7 Post by Coren »

Omg thank you for drawing Clarisse! :D She looks amazing! Do you mind if I put her on my website, with credit of course?

Smudgeed
Regular

#8 Post by Smudgeed »

Coren wrote:Omg thank you for drawing Clarisse! :D She looks amazing! Do you mind if I put her on my website, with credit of course?
I'm glad you like it! Of course you can post it up on your site, I'd be honoured :)
Last edited by Smudgeed on Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CSV
Regular
Tumblr: csvidaldraws
Deviantart: csvidal
itch: csvidal

#9 Post by CSV »

You have a really interesting style. I love Clarisse's picture. As for advice, I don't think I could give you any, except maybe to use more contrasting colors when shading.
Also, could I request a drawing, please? Of him, he's my newest oc. =)
☆☆☆
(portfolio)
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Smudgeed
Regular

#10 Post by Smudgeed »

CSV wrote:You have a really interesting style. I love Clarisse's picture. As for advice, I don't think I could give you any, except maybe to use more contrasting colors when shading.
Also, could I request a drawing, please? Of him, he's my newest oc. =)
Thank you! I'll keep in mind what you said about the contrast! It's hard to do since the colours on my monitor are messed up :/ So I have no clue how the colour actually looks... Here's your OC, Cheshire Cat. I hope it's right, I tried to find more pictures of him but I couldn't.

And just to update this thread with more art, here is a sketch I did that I quite like.
Attachments
1435862168164.jpg

Veteran
Completed: Dungeons and Don't Do It, Wake Up
Projects: Lethe
IRC Nick: Pacermist

#11 Post by 78909087 »

I actually like your art style a lot. I think the contrast between details and simplification came to meet and shake hands. Is it wrong of me to assume you mainly draw males? I'm just guessing by your overall face-shape, eyes, hand-size and torso. Both male and female seem super-familiar, is that something you're working on? (I'm not an artist by any means, so feel free to scorn me)
Personally I enjoy a little ambiguity. The texture of your lines draws my eyes, too. It gives it a... Clip-art-ish feeling? (Not meant to be an insult by any means!) It feels familiar and makes me more 'comfortable' looking at them.

As for a request... Maybe redraw this guy? (I got him from a trade but never got around to using him, so I feel a little bad.)
http://s13.postimg.org/8wuu6b2fb/Untitled1.png

CSV
Regular
Tumblr: csvidaldraws
Deviantart: csvidal
itch: csvidal

#12 Post by CSV »

Smudgeed wrote: Thank you! I'll keep in mind what you said about the contrast! It's hard to do since the colours on my monitor are messed up :/ So I have no clue how the colour actually looks... Here's your OC, Cheshire Cat. I hope it's right, I tried to find more pictures of him but I couldn't.
He looks so cute! *-* Thank you! Sorry I don't have more pictures of him yet.
Also, do you have an art Tumblr or something like that? I'm looking for more artists to follow. ^-^'
☆☆☆
(portfolio)
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#13 Post by Coren »

Thank ou so much! :'D I've posted it on the website, as well as Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Soyasushi-Productions/

Smudgeed
Regular

#14 Post by Smudgeed »

Coren wrote:Thank ou so much! :'D I've posted it on the website, as well as Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Soyasushi-Productions/
Yay! Thank you.
CSV wrote:He looks so cute! *-* Thank you! Sorry I don't have more pictures of him yet.
Also, do you have an art Tumblr or something like that? I'm looking for more artists to follow. ^-^'
Thank you! I'd love to draw him again sometime. He was a lot of fun. I have my regular tumblr, which I dump my art on to sometimes...but that's pretty much it...

78909087 wrote:I actually like your art style a lot. I think the contrast between details and simplification came to meet and shake hands. Is it wrong of me to assume you mainly draw males? I'm just guessing by your overall face-shape, eyes, hand-size and torso. Both male and female seem super-familiar, is that something you're working on? (I'm not an artist by any means, so feel free to scorn me)
Personally I enjoy a little ambiguity. The texture of your lines draws my eyes, too. It gives it a... Clip-art-ish feeling? (Not meant to be an insult by any means!) It feels familiar and makes me more 'comfortable' looking at them.

As for a request... Maybe redraw this guy? (I got him from a trade but never got around to using him, so I feel a little bad.)
http://s13.postimg.org/8wuu6b2fb/Untitled1.png
Thank you! I'm still pretty new at drawing so I guess the reason they look so similar is a lack of skill, rather than a conscious choice. I am working on making my women look more feminine though. But again, thank you!

And of course I'll draw him! This might take a while though, I did a few sketches but I can't seem to get his hair right... urg

Smudgeed
Regular

#15 Post by Smudgeed »

Here you go 78909087!! Sorry it took a while :(
Attachments
Untitled-1.png