I DRAW SPRITES 2: CRITIQUE (unfinished piece)

Art threads specific to a single artist.
フリークェンシー
Regular

I DRAW SPRITES 2: CRITIQUE (unfinished piece)

#1 Post by フリークェンシー »

Back again, after my last forum, I received a lot of help and good tips. So I took that into my feeble brain and practiced for a couple days. And here is the end result (see attachment)
EDIT: I REUPLOADED AN UPDATED ATTACHMENT
7 Hours
(Many layers with hairstyles, expressions, etc.)
Paint Tool Sai
Intuos Small Tablet
She is also a sprite I am going to use (that is if I need to fix it A LOT, and I hate editing, but I'm willing)
YOU CAN HELP, DOs and DON'Ts

- DO point out what's wrong specifically (the specific the better)
- DO link tutorials that helped you or others
- DO share me your art, I love to exchange feedback :D (optional)

- DON'T say study anatomy (let's be honest, no one really knows what that means)
- DON'T leave straight hate because it's not 'your style' or 'personal preference'
Attachments
UPDATED 7/29/15
UPDATED 7/29/15
Last edited by フリークェンシー on Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

Re: I DRAW SPRITES 2: CRITIQUE (unfinished piece)

#2 Post by MaiMai »

I think you could probably ask a mod to combine this thread with your first one? Since you're asking for general advice for your own art and it's not that different except for asking critique for a different piece.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

sei.chan

#3 Post by sei.chan »

I think that the anatomy is pretty well done and you've improved perhaps the clothing is a bit off? I dont know how to explain it but the skirt should follow the pattern of her body (does that make sense?) on the left leg the skirt is going straight down instead of curving a bit (it should curve because of the leg?) Idk but overall it looks pretty and as I mentioned you have improved (she looks adorable btw) =)

フリークェンシー
Regular

#4 Post by フリークェンシー »

sei.chan wrote:I think that the anatomy is pretty well done and you've improved perhaps the clothing is a bit off? I dont know how to explain it but the skirt should follow the pattern of her body (does that make sense?) on the left leg the skirt is going straight down instead of curving a bit (it should curve because of the leg?) Idk but overall it looks pretty and as I mentioned you have improved (she looks adorable btw) =)
Ah, I see what you mean. Thank you :P