Zeus [SwedishJazz] Draws - critique appreciated

Art threads specific to a single artist.
Cakey
Regular
Deviantart: Ilsaaaaa

Re: Zeus [SwedishJazz] Draws - critique appreciated

#16 Post by Cakey »

I like your style. :) Lines are quite clean(I would say it is perfect for your style). Your characters can be hard to remember if you have a lot of them but maybe if they are beautiful enough and interesting visually(more than side characters) It wouldn't be much problem. Usually in visual novel there can be around 5 main characters. I think it's no problem for you to make them stand out from the others.

If we are saying about emotions. I actually prefer for them to be less nocitable.
I like using just face and subtle movments of hands to create certain feeling. I think it's becouse you can imagine more things and I rather do this than see it actually :) With time I actually stop percive face changes intetionally and start just see person acting in my head. A little animation helps me too.

I am suprised that onyx is your work, not a photo. :D
Environment is pretty :)

I hope that my feedbak will help you ;)

SwedishJazz
Regular
Tumblr: zeuswares

#17 Post by SwedishJazz »

Cakey wrote:I like your style. :) Lines are quite clean(I would say it is perfect for your style). Your characters can be hard to remember if you have a lot of them but maybe if they are beautiful enough and interesting visually(more than side characters) It wouldn't be much problem. Usually in visual novel there can be around 5 main characters. I think it's no problem for you to make them stand out from the others.

If we are saying about emotions. I actually prefer for them to be less nocitable.
I like using just face and subtle movments of hands to create certain feeling. I think it's becouse you can imagine more things and I rather do this than see it actually :) With time I actually stop percive face changes intetionally and start just see person acting in my head. A little animation helps me too.

I am suprised that onyx is your work, not a photo. :D
Environment is pretty :)

I hope that my feedbak will help you ;)
Thank you!

I don't worry about characters standing apart form eahc other within a VN - I mean being more recognizable in general; a lot of popular characters have simple designs, but even having not seen/played the source material, I can recognize them just form having seen them once or twice. That's the sort of uniqueness I'd like to achieve with my designs.

SwedishJazz
Regular

#18 Post by SwedishJazz »

I'm trying to nail down a design for a pc character for a short demo game I want to make, and I'm kinda enamored with the idea of her being a terribly slobby college student lounging around bra-less.
tfw you have a feeling you could do better but they're the protagonist so tough luck
tfw you have a feeling you could do better but they're the protagonist so tough luck
tiny.png
beckychibi.png

SwedishJazz
Regular

#19 Post by SwedishJazz »

*emerges from cave covered in cobwebs* Fallout 4 am right

SwedishJazz
Regular

#20 Post by SwedishJazz »

A future cg example! I'd appreciate comments on the color scheme - I'm not entirely sold on it; I wanted to give it an afternoon lighting vibe, but it doesn't look right. Maybe the shadows shouldn't be so green?
color1.png

SwedishJazz
Regular

#21 Post by SwedishJazz »

It's been a while since I've dropped by (no other reason than that I forgot), so I'll go ahead and do a bit of an art dump.

RWBY fanart:
ladybug.png
bloodmint.png
emerald.png
Harry Potter fanart:
wolfstar.png
harry1.png
doge.png
Skyrim fanart:
gay1.png
jazbayscarf2.png
jazbsit.png
lunch.png
Other:
chibi.png
scarwip small.png
fenrahl.png
fi-gijinka.png
coatlgijinka.png
wither-gijinka.png
maha.png
unnamed.png
malcz.png

SwedishJazz
Regular

#22 Post by SwedishJazz »

Two recent commissions I'm quite pleased with.
Startrail.png
Bitxilore.png

SwedishJazz
Regular

#23 Post by SwedishJazz »

Another commission.
bats.png