Sina's Art from 0 Thread - [critiques/red lines Please!]

Art threads specific to a single artist.
SinaAzad
Veteran
IRC Nick: SinaAzad
Deviantart: sinaazad
Soundcloud: Sina_Azad

Re: Sina's Thread - [critiques needed]

#16 Post by SinaAzad »

MaiMai wrote:Question: How tall is the sprite supposed to be in relation to the fireplace? I have a feeling that while it's big, the sprite in relation to it still seems small.
Oh Your question hits the spot , I was hoping that it is not that obvious ! :cry: I think I will end up lowering the size of everything in picture remove the stupid texture from lower part of the pic and widen the picture at the end.
shwippie wrote:It's really amazing to see your drawing progression! Your character has improved so much. About the purple shadow, it would make more sense if she was flipped the other way or if the shadows were highlights instead, since the sun in the room looks like it'd be hitting her back, where you currently have shadow. It would also help the character blend with the background if the background also had some purple in the shadows. If your intention was to have her stand out, then please ignore those suggestions! Nice job overall. I really like the light from the window.
Thank you :) well , to be honest I was planning to use it as shadow but as you pointed out the light in the room , position of character and the shadow don't mach ! I think I will remove the shadow from legs and skirt but keep it on other parts to highlight the body.
I am very proud to be a part of this generous, nice and friendly community!
but please, don't go around telling people that their work is somehow off! thats not how critique works!
Mainly a C# Programmer

My drawings:

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#17 Post by MaiMai »

A suggestion I have is to make the sprite bigger too. How big of a canvas are you working on with the sprite? Generally, it's a good idea to draw/color big so that way you can resize sprites accordingly and the quality will be better in the end because you're resizing from a high-res image instead of having to work with a small one.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

SinaAzad
Veteran

#18 Post by SinaAzad »

MaiMai wrote:A suggestion I have is to make the sprite bigger too. How big of a canvas are you working on with the sprite? Generally, it's a good idea to draw/color big so that way you can resize sprites accordingly and the quality will be better in the end because you're resizing from a high-res image instead of having to work with a small one.
Well actually I have made a standard for myself , I'm drawing everything like twice the size I need them to be , for both the background images and characters I'm using 2048x1536 pixel
http://dropoftea-studio.com/wp-content/ ... te-BG1.jpg

Now that I think about it your suggestion is the fastest and easiest way to fix the problem ! :idea:
but please, don't go around telling people that their work is somehow off! thats not how critique works!
Mainly a C# Programmer

My drawings:

SinaAzad
Veteran

#19 Post by SinaAzad »

Okay , finished my 2nd character a min ago ! this character is supposed to be 2-3 or 4 ( not sure anymore lol ) years younger than the other one which you can see in my older post ! so I tried to make the eyes bigger than the older sister. well , im actually happy with how the legs ended up ! and used a new way of coloring for cloths and thanks to critiques and red lines from CSV I think the way that the cloths stand is gotten better. added some contrast and light effects using photoshop too which I had not done for the older picture !

UPDATE !
Oh Damn ! I forgot to shade the legs and the most important thing, the dark lines on her cheeks !
Mainly a C# Programmer

My drawings:

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#20 Post by MaiMai »

I think you definitely went up a few steps in terms of coloring. There's more that could be done to improve that latest character sprite you've made though.

- A general rule of thumb of drawing hands is that they should be big enough to cover your character's face (unless it's really stylized anime/cartoons). Right now her hands are too small while her head is of a larger proportion compared to the rest of her body.

- Her arms look too skinny and it's a bigger problem considering the jacket she has on. I'm assuming it's a somewhat thick coat, but the way you've drawn it makes it looks like the sleeves are almost skintight or that she has sticks for arms underneath. Volume is a very important detail to take note of when you draw layers of clothing on people because the more layers you have, the bigger it's going to make your character look.

- I'm not sure of what the intensity of the winter cold will be like in your VN, but design wise, I don't think it would be practical for this character to be wearing knee high socks outside unless it's for a certain reason (the only one I can think of being that she's outside briefly before going back inside.)

With everything else though, I think you'll be able to keep improving if you keep pushing through. Good luck.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

SinaAzad
Veteran

#21 Post by SinaAzad »

updated the 2nd character with new hands and arms ... i mean bigger ... added some darkness to right side while adding a bit more light to left side and fixed the socks ! made the head smaller too !
about the background , I'll make sure to add some light to the left side of the picture before finishing the VN!

Mainly a C# Programmer

My drawings:

SinaAzad
Veteran

#22 Post by SinaAzad »

Its been awhile ... I was able to finish the GUI for my VN and solve some problems ... missing writer and all... gladly with help of some nice people most of the problems are solved , now back to Backgrounds and characters !

I'm planning to make some changes to both characters , that includes of :
1- Changing the way which I colored the 1st characters cloths ( Sofi ).
2- Editing the hair and eyes of the 2nd Character ( Rei ) as im not happy with them at all !

But for now Let me share the last background I made...

Mainly a C# Programmer

My drawings:

SinaAzad
Veteran

#23 Post by SinaAzad »

Hey everyone , its been a while ... I've been practicing from time to time ... im posting my last drawing here. (about the Lost two Visual novel it is on hold for now till i can draw better backgrounds and characters. also i need to do something about the story... there is always a problem ! )

>>>>>4K Resolution>>>>> http://dropoftea-studio.com/wp-content/ ... ya-2-4.jpg

Attachments
4K resolution if you wanna see it in details.
4K resolution if you wanna see it in details.
Mainly a C# Programmer

My drawings:

SinaAzad
Veteran

#24 Post by SinaAzad »

some more wip ... I can feel that im getting faster at drawing the line art but it is still taking some good time from me !

critiques would be awesome !
Attachments
Inspired after watching she and her cat anime which is airing right now.
Inspired after watching she and her cat anime which is airing right now.
idk how I started this one and I have no idea what to do with it ?!
idk how I started this one and I have no idea what to do with it ?!
Mainly a C# Programmer

My drawings:

SinaAzad
Veteran

#25 Post by SinaAzad »

Attachments
2-1-super-extra-new-upload.jpg
Mainly a C# Programmer

My drawings:

SinaAzad
Veteran

#26 Post by SinaAzad »

Its been a while , back with a wip/draft for a character thats going to become 3D. critiques welcome ! The Figure is 6+1/2 head

Attachments
CH -T - 2v3.jpg
Mainly a C# Programmer

My drawings:

King-sama
Veteran
Deviantart: Treepastry

#27 Post by King-sama »

SinaAzad wrote:Its been a while , back with a wip/draft for a character thats going to become 3D. critiques welcome ! The Figure is 6+1/2 head

I did this~
CH -T - 2v3.jpg
hope it helps~ :D and good luck with your 3d modeling~~

SinaAzad
Veteran

#28 Post by SinaAzad »

King-sama wrote:
SinaAzad wrote:Its been a while , back with a wip/draft for a character thats going to become 3D. critiques welcome ! The Figure is 6+1/2 head

I did this~
The attachment CH -T - 2v3.jpg is no longer available
hope it helps~ :D and good luck with your 3d modeling~~

Thanks alot for putting your time on this and helping me out, I'm reworking the hair and the foot , it is WIP right now , but in order to keep you updated and thank you Im uploading the a wip picture ! once again ~

Attachments
CH -T - 2v3.jpg
Mainly a C# Programmer

My drawings:

SinaAzad
Veteran

#29 Post by SinaAzad »

So I ended Up working more on the hair , I'm way too slow i should invest more time on this .( actually the side view of the hair is also done )

Attachments
Mitre Front G_S.jpg
Mainly a C# Programmer

My drawings:

SinaAzad
Veteran

#30 Post by SinaAzad »

another random drawing of mine !

Attachments
7- final.jpg
Mainly a C# Programmer

My drawings: