Page 1 of 2

Mimi's art thread~ Feedback and Crituque needed! ♡

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:03 am
by MimirollCookie
Hey there.
I'm MimirollCookie. ^_^ and I'm finding ways to improve my art! But first, look at my art!

Before:
sketch-1460374582477.jpg
Pink hoodie girl.
sketch-1460169013221.jpg
A princess.
sketch-1454030159809.jpg
An old promo art for a cancelled project.
After:
20161015_111145.jpg
20161014_144620-1.jpg
AND A COMPARISON! :3
1476597606945.png

Re: Mimi's art thread~ Feedback and Crituque needed! ♡

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:06 am
by FonaCall
Hello.

Art look cute. Is sure about that.

Want ask, what you want art to look? Many styles around, and each have certain kind of look. No need to say that one better than other (also sure you can tell if something really bad) Want to be able to help out in what you want to achieve.

Improvement in art subjective, especially to people who just view someone's art. Sometimes, change in style can be seen as good by some while some say that same change is bad. Also, art is reflection of growth as artist. The more art becomes own, is more improve.

If there be useful advice can give for now, it be no stop get inspiration from surroundings and imagination, and no be afraid to try and learn about new material and technique.

- Shin

Re: Mimi's art thread~ Feedback and Crituque needed! ♡

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:53 am
by MimirollCookie
FonaCall wrote:Hello.

Art look cute. Is sure about that.

Want ask, what you want art to look? Many styles around, and each have certain kind of look. No need to say that one better than other (also sure you can tell if something really bad) Want to be able to help out in what you want to achieve.

Improvement in art subjective, especially to people who just view someone's art. Sometimes, change in style can be seen as good by some while some say that same change is bad. Also, art is reflection of growth as artist. The more art becomes own, is more improve.

If there be useful advice can give for now, it be no stop get inspiration from surroundings and imagination, and no be afraid to try and learn about new material and technique.

- Shin
Thanks. I'm trying to achieve an anime like style but the face is crappy and I can't achieve the one that I want in my mind.

Re: Mimi's art thread~ Feedback and Crituque needed! ♡

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:04 pm
by MaiMai
MimirollCookie wrote: Thanks. I'm trying to achieve an anime like style but the face is crappy and I can't achieve the one that I want in my mind.
I guess an easier question to ask is is there a particular anime artist you want to use as a goal marker? For instance, I'm always looking at the work of Type-Moon illustrators, particularly Takeuchi Takashi's work. I'm nowhere near his level, but I take inspiration from his character designs and color choices.

It's harder to get to where you want if you don't even have a clear image of what you want to succeed at. There's also the fact that you clearly need to start with the basics of anatomy so you understand how the face and body works since right now, I can't tell if you're trying to draw chibis are the average anime girl.

Re: Mimi's art thread~ Feedback and Crituque needed! ♡

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:42 pm
by MimirollCookie
MaiMai wrote:
MimirollCookie wrote: Thanks. I'm trying to achieve an anime like style but the face is crappy and I can't achieve the one that I want in my mind.
I guess an easier question to ask is is there a particular anime artist you want to use as a goal marker? For instance, I'm always looking at the work of Type-Moon illustrators, particularly Takeuchi Takashi's work. I'm nowhere near his level, but I take inspiration from his character designs and color choices.

It's harder to get to where you want if you don't even have a clear image of what you want to succeed at. There's also the fact that you clearly need to start with the basics of anatomy so you understand how the face and body works since right now, I can't tell if you're trying to draw chibis are the average anime girl.
Hey MaiMai. Thanks for your honest critique. I'm already trying to improve. :)

Re: Mimi's art thread~ Feedback and Crituque needed! ♡

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:57 pm
by FonaCall
MimirollCookie wrote: Thanks. I'm trying to achieve an anime like style but the face is crappy and I can't achieve the one that I want in my mind.
Ah...

Term "anime style" very vague. Lots styles in anime. Agree with MaiMai, who/whose art/what specific anime style you want to emulate? Also, anime style, even if stylized, need basic anatomy knowledge and application, as said. Also need practice on proportion. Head a bit too big for body, for one, so unless you going for caricature, no can know if you want draw chibi or normal girl.

Maybe can look at face tutorial if have problem with face? https://www.google.com/search?q=anime+f ... 80&bih=699

- Shin

Re: Mimi's art thread~ Feedback and Crituque needed! ♡

Posted: Sun May 01, 2016 10:02 am
by MimirollCookie
Thanks Shin!
Did I improved?
1462110768398.png

Re: Mimi's art thread~ Feedback and Crituque needed! ♡

Posted: Sun May 01, 2016 6:42 pm
by MaiMai
Are you drawing with a tablet or a mouse?

Re: Mimi's art thread~ Feedback and Crituque needed! ♡

Posted: Wed May 04, 2016 1:50 am
by MimirollCookie
MaiMai wrote:Are you drawing with a tablet or a mouse?
Uh, in a tablet. Not the drawing tablet.

Re: Mimi's art thread~ Feedback and Crituque needed! ♡

Posted: Mon May 16, 2016 5:01 am
by doktorcrimson
Hi Mimi, like what Maimai has said try to find a goal to work towards. It doesn't have to be a single artist, too. My 3 favorite artists are honyalala (main artist for DMMD), marion (doujin artist who draws a lot of jojo) and Kano Momo (doujin artist who draws a lot of gintama). You kinda pick up the way to draw as you observe how your favorite artists draw things. I think it's ok to practice drawing parts from other artists as long as you don't copy whole images and/or post it and claim as your own. The way I draw lips and noses are influenced by Kano Momo a lot. The way I color are influenced by the other 2 artists.

Also there are lots of tutorials online. Keep a sketchbook, too. I keep one just for art practice by copying tutorials. This is especially helpful in anatomy. Don't post it and claim it as original though!

Also look up speed paint videos on YouTube. It gives you a good idea of how other artists break down their work. If you want, I post speed paints on my YouTube channel as well if you'd like to check them out (lol shameless self promo). Just look up "Red Crimson/Doktor Crimson" I'm the one with the same avatar on lemma soft. Speed paints are a good way to learn how to draw things when you don't know how. You also learn some cool tricks from other artists as they draw.

Hope this helps~

Re: Mimi's art thread~ Feedback and Crituque needed! ♡

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:07 pm
by MimirollCookie
Yo, it's been a while. I want to show off my new art. :) ( It's not really that great. Er....
1475327632422.png
Nagisa!
1475327632422.png (104.64 KiB) Viewed 1594 times
20161014_170850.jpg
Sinon! :)
20161014_144620-1.jpg
I drew Nagisa again, but this is colored.
I drew Armin, but I can't find it... I'll try to find it.

Re: Mimi's art thread~ Feedback and Crituque needed! ♡

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:09 pm
by MimirollCookie
doktorcrimson wrote:Hi Mimi, like what Maimai has said try to find a goal to work towards. It doesn't have to be a single artist, too. My 3 favorite artists are honyalala (main artist for DMMD), marion (doujin artist who draws a lot of jojo) and Kano Momo (doujin artist who draws a lot of gintama). You kinda pick up the way to draw as you observe how your favorite artists draw things. I think it's ok to practice drawing parts from other artists as long as you don't copy whole images and/or post it and claim as your own. The way I draw lips and noses are influenced by Kano Momo a lot. The way I color are influenced by the other 2 artists.

Also there are lots of tutorials online. Keep a sketchbook, too. I keep one just for art practice by copying tutorials. This is especially helpful in anatomy. Don't post it and claim it as original though!

Also look up speed paint videos on YouTube. It gives you a good idea of how other artists break down their work. If you want, I post speed paints on my YouTube channel as well if you'd like to check them out (lol shameless self promo). Just look up "Red Crimson/Doktor Crimson" I'm the one with the same avatar on lemma soft. Speed paints are a good way to learn how to draw things when you don't know how. You also learn some cool tricks from other artists as they draw.

Hope this helps~
Thanks doktorcrimson~
I'll keep that in mind. I'll try to buy a sketchbook when we go to the mall. :D

Re: Mimi's art thread~ Feedback and Crituque needed! ♡

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:17 pm
by MimirollCookie
Found my drawing of ARMINs!!!!!
20161015_111145.jpg
A drawing of Armin Arlert! Found it!! :)))
20161015_111309.jpg
Armin from Chuugakkou
20161015_111315.jpg
Armin wearing the bunny outfit on Episode 11 on Chuugakkou

Re: Mimi's art thread~ Feedback and Crituque needed! ♡

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:19 pm
by MimirollCookie
I tried drawing digitally....... Again.
1472899652228-1.png

Re: Mimi's art thread~ Feedback and Crituque needed! ♡

Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:52 am
by King-sama
Good! You are improving~
Keep going! ^v^