Harick's Art

Art threads specific to a single artist.
Harick
Veteran

Re: Harick's Art

#16 Post by Harick »

Drew this adorable little guy and I really like him
Attachments
sPIEdar.png

Harick
Veteran

#17 Post by Harick »

I bought a tablet, a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10 or something, so that I could draw when I'm away from my computer, and this is the first thing I finished. I really need to draw more full body poses and stuff.
Attachments
Blafrican.png

Harick
Veteran

#18 Post by Harick »

A chiss mechanic from Star Wars, not much to say about it
Attachments
starr.png

Harick
Veteran

#19 Post by Harick »

More stuff, finaly. Hopefully I'll actually manage to get some work done on my VN
Attachments
reptilsfw.png
skleletlen.png

Harick
Veteran

#20 Post by Harick »

Not super happy with this one, especially not the color scheme but I couldn't think of anything better so whatever
Attachments
prauge.png

sasquatchii
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: A Day in the Life of a Slice of Bread
Deviantart: sasquatchix
Soundcloud: sasquatchii
itch: sasquatchii

#21 Post by sasquatchii »

Hey Harick, just wanted to drop in & say that it's clear you've definitely improved, especially when comparing your earlier creations to what you're working on now. Your sense of color & shading are getting better, and your character's poses are becoming less stiff and more natural.

I also like the "weirdness" / supernatural element that each piece has. Your character designs are very cool, and I am a fan of the more alien/humanoid characters you've made.

For color schemes, I would suggest using a few tools. The first being Adobe Kuler. This is a really good tool because it lets you plug in colors from an existing palette you might be working with in order to create new combnations. It quickly & easily lets you create schemes that are complementary, analogous, monochromatic, etc.

Another tool I enjoy is Colourlovers. If I'm starting new and have no idea where to start, sometimes I'll browse colourlovers for ideas for palettes. They even have search features that let you browse by specific color combinations, or even a specific hex code if you are looking for a very particular color!

Another thing I would suggest would be to use photoreferences as inspiration, and this is where pinterest and google images can come in handy. You can search things that are similar to your character, for example "drab highschool" or "red punk", etc, and see what comes up. You might find some interesting ideas for color palettes that can help spark your imagination!

Also, if you find a photograph that you really like and want to draw colors from, Pictaculous is a tool that will create color palettes from photographs. It's not perfect, but it is a nice place to start sometimes.

Good luck!! Looking forward to seeing what you create next :)
ImageImage

Harick
Veteran

#22 Post by Harick »

Oh, thank you! I have a bad habit of not looking at references and I really should get better at that, and for some reason I haven't thought about looking for references for color schemes before now. I really like the tools you suggested so far so hopefully the next piece I make will actually have fitting colors, so thanks!

Harick
Veteran

#23 Post by Harick »

I'm working on the clothes of a story I'm working on and I got an idea that I kinda like. So the story is set in an ice age and the idea is that people use a skin thight outfit that is pretty warm but since it's skin thight people can use other clothes on top of it which lead it to be the standard outfit in the setting. This is just showing different ways people can use it, though the character I used wouldn't really wear these kinda clothes but whatever
Attachments
clotrh4.png

Harick
Veteran

#24 Post by Harick »

A character from a really old story of mine that I recently regained interest in. Beelzebub, the de facto leader of hell, not the strongest or most charismatic but has enough of both that not too many can compare. He can control every fly, spider, frog and cat in the world, and can transform into all of them. After leading a group of beings against YHWH in an act of rebellion his body was torn to millions of pieces. He managed to put himself together but he was damaged so much that he had to bandage his entire body.

Anyway, tried doing something more dynamic than usual but not really sure about it. I'm pretty bad at drawing backgrounds digitally so it may just be distracting from the focal point. The background is maybe too static, like the person shows movement but the rest doesn't, but not sure what I could do differently. Also, looking at it the trees seem too short? Not sure
Attachments
posse6.png

Harick
Veteran

#25 Post by Harick »

I've been trying to get faster at getting my ideas to a point where they are finished enough that I can tell what works and what doesn't and it's been working out pretty good so far. I drew these things yesterday and I'm fairly happy with how they look, though I haven't finished any of them, but then that wasn't really the point either
Attachments
hoi.png
isthiswhatyouwanted.jpg.png
laddy2.png
catte.jpg
boi.jpg

SinaAzad
Veteran
IRC Nick: SinaAzad
Deviantart: sinaazad
Soundcloud: Sina_Azad

#26 Post by SinaAzad »

heya, I just wanted to say out what I've been thinking about your works form the first day you started to post them here, They are starting to look really nice, Comparing your newer works with the first ones you posted in 2016, I could say that you have leveled up from lvl 5 to lvl40 , 20 to go (not including the expansion packs that will add 50 more to level cap :p ).

I enjoy your last works especially.
this messy lineart is pleasant, I think it fits better with your style over the super clean ones.

I'd love to see how your works will look by the end of 2018.
I am very proud to be a part of this generous, nice and friendly community!
but please, don't go around telling people that their work is somehow off! thats not how critique works!
Mainly a C# Programmer

My drawings:

Harick
Veteran

#27 Post by Harick »

Thanks! It's really encuraging to hear that I've gotten better, though looking at my old stuff it really shows. I haven't really been sure if I had improved that much lately so hearing I have is very reassuring

Anyway, drew anoter monster dude for something I'm working on, though I'm not that sure what the project will end up as
Attachments
lorde.png

Harick
Veteran

#28 Post by Harick »

I feel like I'm spamming my own art thread so sorry me
Attachments
Kyra.png

Harick
Veteran

#29 Post by Harick »

Couple of things I did, a rough drawing of a monster dude and that monster dude with a lady. They are characters from a story that I won't be doing for a while because they are from a sequel I've planned for a story I actually am working on. Don't know if it will be a vn or a webcomic or whatever, I actually have come up with a card game based around it, or was it the other way around? Anyway, I have a game I could use but I have never made a game before and I don't have the skillset to actually program it, and the game is meant to simulate a potential fight in the story, so I could go either way really
Attachments
bartha.png
AwOOooOoOoOoooOoOooOOoOoO.png

Harick
Veteran

#30 Post by Harick »

A girl inspired by Alice from Shin Megami Tensei. I wanted to make the hair look like a skull but I'm not sure how well that worked out
Attachments
Alice.png