delete post

Art threads specific to a single artist.
rogaforyn

delete post

#1 Post by rogaforyn »

Last edited by rogaforyn on Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

Re: Critique my character

#2 Post by MaiMai »

I did a redline correction of your character and showed a version with the original, and where the correction is overlayed on the original and the correction lines by itself so you can see what it looks like.

Some Notes

* Basically what I did was to fix her face by moving down the eyes nose and mouth. Before, those features looked like they sat flat on the face instead of following the form of the head.

* Neck was a bit too thick and I made the shoulders smaller too. Keep in mind the shape of the collarbone, and how it connects with the neck when you do some anatomy studies next time.

* The hair seemed chunky although starting with those shapes isn't necessarily a bad thing. You just needed to again, follow the form of the head and make the hair more flowing and have looser lines.

* I also redrew the t-shirt and skirt since they looked stiff and didn't follow the form of the body or the direction it was moving in. It's a good idea to look at real people wearing t-shirts and skirts so you can have a better idea and reference for what clothes look like when you draw them instead of trying to rely on your own imagination. Clothes are varied after all.

I can also correct the coloring if that's okay, but it's late and I think my notes above are barely coherent, so sorry about that!
Attachments
edit.jpg
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)