Mell's Sketch Thread [Requests: CLOSED]

Art threads specific to a single artist.
Anne
Veteran
Completed: Fae

Re: Mell's Sketch Thread [Requests: OPEN]

#46 Post by Anne »

Can I have anyone from Wanted: Dragon, please?
Your art makes me want to practice more so that one day I have such clean and beautiful lines like yours.

Mellanthe
Regular

#47 Post by Mellanthe »

Pyonkotchi wrote:aaa could you maybe draw her for me http://sta.sh/2f4y53kfuhh
she's the main character from my project lol
Of course! No problem at all C: Her design is super adorable < 33
Anne wrote:Can I have anyone from Wanted: Dragon, please?
Your art makes me want to practice more so that one day I have such clean and beautiful lines like yours.
Aww thank you very much! I'm sure that with that practice, you'll get there in not time!! ^u^)9
And yes, I'd be happy to draw a character for you.

Mellanthe
Regular

#48 Post by Mellanthe »

Requests are now CLOSED!! (Nov 10/16)
Questions for feedback in the meantime:
- If I were to open a commission shop, what would you like to see offered in it? Would you be interested in these Clean Sketches as commission options as well?

Oh wow! It seemed that slots went super fast!!! (Maybe, I'm not sure how fast that is in comparison, but it seemed fast to me) SO!
I am opening ONE lottery slot!
Between now and Sunday November 13, 2016 at midnight (0000hours/12:00am) EST, just post a request on the thread and I'll pick a lottery winner for a sketch by random draw. (Number of slots vary depending on how many people post)

Mellanthe
Regular

Re: Mell's Sketch Thread [Requests: SPECIAL LOTTERY SLOT OPE

#49 Post by Mellanthe »

@Pyonkotchi
Cute design for a cute character!! Hopefully the sketch is cute enough for her ;u;

Pyonkotchi
Veteran
Projects: Magical Warrior Diamond Heart, unLucky Love, Phantom Thief Asterism
Tumblr: magicalwarriordiamondheart
Deviantart: PastelPyon
itch: Pyonkotchi

#50 Post by Pyonkotchi »

she's so cute i love it thank u!

Rossfellow
Veteran
Projects: Sedatophobia
Organization: Team 3Edgy
Deviantart: l-rossfellow

#51 Post by Rossfellow »

That's a super cute Valerie.
ImageImage
Sedatophobia (latin SedatoPhobia)
___(n) 1: The averse reaction to stillness, silence and/or state of helplessness.
______2: (Psychology) A state of distress where the victim's sense of reality can no longer keep up with his or her imagination.
______Related: Madness, Paranoia, Despair

Mellanthe
Regular

#52 Post by Mellanthe »

Pyonkotchi wrote:she's so cute i love it thank u!
You're very welcome! ^u^b
Rossfellow wrote:That's a super cute Valerie.
Aww thank you ;w; She's already so cute to start with!!
@Anne
I chose the oldest looking character because more practice with older men, so I HOPE YOU LIKE IT!! ;7;

Anne
Veteran

#53 Post by Anne »

Thank you! That probably wasn't your intention but he's also looking super-cute :)

Mellanthe
Regular

Re: Mell's Sketch Thread [Requests: CLOSED]

#54 Post by Mellanthe »

Anne wrote:Thank you! That probably wasn't your intention but he's also looking super-cute :)
I was going for a sweet/vulnerable moment for him, so if it looks cute, I did my job right it seems XD
@ofdawnandtwilight
(who also had a slot last batch) I hope you like her ;7;;;;;; I don't draw guns very often so I took a few liberties with this one...hopefully that's okay ;w;
**NOTE!!: There will be no slots this week due to time. I might reopen next week though so keep an eye out!

Mellanthe
Regular

#55 Post by Mellanthe »

Requests are now OPEN!! (Nov 21/16)

Questions for feedback:
- (new) What do you think is my stronger point? Drawing girls or drawing boys?
- If I were to open a commission shop, what would you like to see offered in it? Would you be interested in these Clean Sketches as commission options as well?

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#56 Post by Googaboga »

Hello, I just wanna come back real quick to answer your questions for you :].

What do you think is my stronger point? Drawing girls or drawing boys?

I think both your guys and gals look lovely, but if I had to pick, I'd say I prefer the ladies you've done.

If I were to open a commission shop, what would you like to see offered in it? Would you be interested in these Clean Sketches as commission options as well?

CGs and maybe chibis would be nice. These type of clean sketches as an option would be cool.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Mellanthe
Regular

#57 Post by Mellanthe »

Googaboga wrote:Hello, I just wanna come back real quick to answer your questions for you :].

What do you think is my stronger point? Drawing girls or drawing boys?

I think both your guys and gals look lovely, but if I had to pick, I'd say I prefer the ladies you've done.

If I were to open a commission shop, what would you like to see offered in it? Would you be interested in these Clean Sketches as commission options as well?

CGs and maybe chibis would be nice. These type of clean sketches as an option would be cool.
Aww, thank you for coming back to answer these! ;7;; They help me a lot to get a perspective on things.
Though I'm curious about why chibis specifically since I don't draw them here? Is that just a personal preference for art?

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#58 Post by Googaboga »

No problem! Yeah, I just like chibis, haha. And I was also assuming your avatar was drawn by you, which is very cute ^v^.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Anne
Veteran

#59 Post by Anne »

Mellanthe wrote: Questions for feedback:
- (new) What do you think is my stronger point? Drawing girls or drawing boys?
Both are equally good (I wanted to answer guys but then I realized it's just because I like guys more :lol:)

Well, it's mainly a VN forum so people would expect sprites (portrait, thigh-up, full body with several facial expressions, variations like poses / outfits) and CGs (illustrations, with backgrounds), chibis, backgrounds, comic strips, objects, animations, anything you want to do.
I'm not sure how popular these sketches might be but people definitely commission 'concept' sketches (normally these are more about character design and feature a color palette as well but I've seen ones without) and just random for-fun stuff so why not? It would definitely make sense to offer lineart.

Mellanthe
Regular

#60 Post by Mellanthe »

Googaboga wrote:No problem! Yeah, I just like chibis, haha. And I was also assuming your avatar was drawn by you, which is very cute ^v^.
Got it! And yes, the avatar was drawn by me, but I would say my chibi style is quite different from my doodle. Usually, it looks more like:
Anne wrote: Both are equally good (I wanted to answer guys but then I realized it's just because I like guys more :lol:)

Well, it's mainly a VN forum so people would expect sprites (portrait, thigh-up, full body with several facial expressions, variations like poses / outfits) and CGs (illustrations, with backgrounds), chibis, backgrounds, comic strips, objects, animations, anything you want to do.
I'm not sure how popular these sketches might be but people definitely commission 'concept' sketches (normally these are more about character design and feature a color palette as well but I've seen ones without) and just random for-fun stuff so why not? It would definitely make sense to offer lineart.
Honestly, I like drawing guys more myself too ahahaha. But, thank you for the feedback! It's really helpful ^7^