Sayuui's art thread! 2019 update

Art threads specific to a single artist.
Sayuui
Regular
Completed: Refraction, I want to fly
Projects: Seraphim, Lucid Dreamer
IRC Nick: Sayuui
Tumblr: Sayuui

Sayuui's art thread! 2019 update

#1 Post by Sayuui »

I decided to make an update for 2019 to show my progress. I haven't had the time to work on my art on 2019 at all. University demands a lot from me, and I'm trying to compensate this in this vacation time! I am currently studying some fundamentals and expanding my mind with a group of other artists!

Right now, I wouldn't like to receive critiques because I'm definitely working on my art. I would appreciate more social media post suggestions though, I get a lot of comments and feedback but getting followers is currently hard. Maybe it's algorythms? Thank you!
2019 update

OLD art

My current projects:

Oddity High, tabletop RPG

Past Visual Novel Projects:
Worked at Visual Novel game "Memories of Summer Winds" by Blue Sphere Group
Worked at Visual Novel game "Kaguya-Hime" By Mouse Deer Productions
Worked at Visual Novel game "Kitsune".

Thank you for viewing!
Last edited by Sayuui on Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Freelance anime artist. Find me on
Recruitment thread
Twitter
Art portfolio
Instagram
Business inquiries: sayuuiart@gmail.com

indoneko
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Sayuui's art thread!

#2 Post by indoneko »

I really like the last pic (the girl with rabbit ears). Somehow she reminds me of Shiina from Sakurasou no pet Kanojo.

As for critics... hm... the shading on the girl's upper arm on the first pic (basketball girl) could be re-arranged to show some contours. Even if she's just a skinny girl, her muscle will somehow flex/contract when holding a basketball (and it will show up in shading).
My avatar is courtesy of Mellanthe

Sayuui
Regular

#3 Post by Sayuui »

indoneko wrote:I really like the last pic (the girl with rabbit ears). Somehow she reminds me of Shiina from Sakurasou no pet Kanojo.

As for critics... hm... the shading on the girl's upper arm on the first pic (basketball girl) could be re-arranged to show some contours. Even if she's just a skinny girl, her muscle will somehow flex/contract when holding a basketball (and it will show up in shading).
I understand what you mean! Thank you! <3
Recruitment thread
Twitter
Art portfolio
Instagram

King-sama
Veteran
Deviantart: Treepastry

#4 Post by King-sama »

About the first picture, it seems that his arm is a bit taller than it should, but I am not sure whether you wanted it like this --> http://previews.123rf.com/images/vadymv ... -Photo.jpg or like this --> https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/footbal ... 691287.jpg .This one is more manlier way of holding a ball (if your character was a boy)--> http://previews.123rf.com/images/lammey ... -Photo.jpg
Giving him shiny hair will be nice~

About the second one, here is my over coloring
drages_vagalume_by_sayuui-dalgj0t.jpg
-The focal point in this picture is the little kid, so to lead the eyes to it is to make it brighter than what it surround.
-I put away the tree coz it seemed like it made some unpleasant frame to the composition (in my opinion, tho lol)
-I made the little dragons brighter coz that what I thought you wanted it to look like lol same with the legs
-front trees to give it a frame and to make the place look crowded (since I thought this was a garden=lots of trees) and also to help the focal point be clearer
-Added some texture to the tree trunk and made more detailed grass (the grass is short coz...it's a garden that is well taken care of)
-The kid's neck was long a bit so I shorten it
To be honest it was really fun over coloring this XD

To the third one

Here is my edited ver
pic2resize_by_sayuui-daeibjww.png
-Changed the overall colors so it all fits together
-Made the magic wand brighter to make it the focal point
-I dimmed the background and blurred it
-Added bright light to the top and darker shadows to bottom (you know why? to make the focal point clearer! lol)
-Blurred her outfits to give it dynamics
-And I thought you should add something in the big space in the top coz it really...makes the eyes lost instead of focused in the focal point, but dunno what to add (maybe birds...? or write something there...?)

To the fourth picture: (lol I have overdone the critique today)

the only thing I can say about it is that I think that her butt is......too pointy lol
her hand is a bit small too

To the fifth drawing:

The chibi. There is nothing wrong about it, but one thing I would like to change is...the style of it. I just prefer the ones that have rounder faces and fatter bodies like this one --> http://orig15.deviantart.net/10c0/f/201 ... ad4ayn.png

And that's all lol you are lucky I didn't critique the last one (I liked that one best X) mainly for how you drew her chest jk~ it's nice overall~ her expression look alive and not like a doll)

Hope I helped! 8)

Sayuui
Regular

#5 Post by Sayuui »

King-sama wrote:About the first picture, it seems that his arm is a bit taller than it should, but I am not sure whether you wanted it like this --> http://previews.123rf.com/images/vadymv ... -Photo.jpg or like this --> https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/footbal ... 691287.jpg .This one is more manlier way of holding a ball (if your character was a boy)--> http://previews.123rf.com/images/lammey ... -Photo.jpg
Giving him shiny hair will be nice~
Oh. no, the character is a girl. There's a story about this character disguised as a boy to replace her brother who has been unable to play basketball, and she trying to make everyone think she is a guy. That's why ^^ but thank you for all the suggestions!

King-sama wrote: About the second one, here is my over coloring
drages_vagalume_by_sayuui-dalgj0t.jpg
-The focal point in this picture is the little kid, so to lead the eyes to it is to make it brighter than what it surround.
-I put away the tree coz it seemed like it made some unpleasant frame to the composition (in my opinion, tho lol)
-I made the little dragons brighter coz that what I thought you wanted it to look like lol same with the legs
-front trees to give it a frame and to make the place look crowded (since I thought this was a garden=lots of trees) and also to help the focal point be clearer
-Added some texture to the tree trunk and made more detailed grass (the grass is short coz...it's a garden that is well taken care of)
-The kid's neck was long a bit so I shorten it
To be honest it was really fun over coloring this XD
Now that you mention it, that tree really looks in the way. ^^ But this drawing was pretty rushed, I drew it in less than 8 hours for my friend to publish it in her book, but it ended up not being published at all xD
King-sama wrote: To the third one

Here is my edited ver
pic2resize_by_sayuui-daeibjww.png
-Changed the overall colors so it all fits together
-Made the magic wand brighter to make it the focal point
-I dimmed the background and blurred it
-Added bright light to the top and darker shadows to bottom (you know why? to make the focal point clearer! lol)
-Blurred her outfits to give it dynamics
-And I thought you should add something in the big space in the top coz it really...makes the eyes lost instead of focused in the focal point, but dunno what to add (maybe birds...? or write something there...?)
Hmmm, now this one was really really helpful. Thank you! I'll also keep this in mind when creating something else!
King-sama wrote:To the fourth picture: (lol I have overdone the critique today)

the only thing I can say about it is that I think that her butt is......too pointy lol
her hand is a bit small too

To the fifth drawing:

The chibi. There is nothing wrong about it, but one thing I would like to change is...the style of it. I just prefer the ones that have rounder faces and fatter bodies like this one --> http://orig15.deviantart.net/10c0/f/201 ... ad4ayn.png
About that... My anime reference is not Hyanna Natsu. I don't like her work that much, but I guess that's a preference issue. ^^' Thank you for it all!
Recruitment thread
Twitter
Art portfolio
Instagram

King-sama
Veteran
Deviantart: Treepastry

#6 Post by King-sama »

Sayuui wrote: Now that you mention it, that tree really looks in the way. ^^ But this drawing was pretty rushed, I drew it in less than 8 hours for my friend to publish it in her book, but it ended up not being published at all xD
Lol how long do you usually take in general?? coz 8hs for rushed art seems so long XD //well, I usually take days to finish a single prober drawing ^^"
Sayuui wrote:Hmmm, now this one was really really helpful. Thank you! I'll also keep this in mind when creating something else!
Yeah, I advise you to look up composition tutorials coz it seems it's your weakest point (at least on what I have seen here). What nice about learning composition is that having nice composition will always make your art looks appealing no matter what your level was 8)
Sayuui wrote:About that... My anime reference is not Hyanna Natsu. I don't like her work that much, but I guess that's a preference issue. ^^' Thank you for it all!
I just meant that I liked the fatter chibis more, coz they look cuter to me and make people want to squish them, but not Hyanna Natsu's style Exactly lol but, it's alright if you don't like them

Also, I was so happy when I saw this XD these where the characters I designed. Glad I could see your CGs

Sayuui
Regular

#7 Post by Sayuui »

Updated the 3rd drawing according to King-Sama's advice! Thank you!
Recruitment thread
Twitter
Art portfolio
Instagram

burmn123

#8 Post by burmn123 »

I think that you're one of the best chibi artist in this forum. Your art is gorgeous.

don't take this bad, but I think that you traditional paint is far better than the digital colors xD

Looking forward to see more chibis in the future xD

Sayuui
Regular

#9 Post by Sayuui »

burmn123 wrote:I think that you're one of the best chibi artist in this forum. Your art is gorgeous.

don't take this bad, but I think that you traditional paint is far better than the digital colors xD

Looking forward to see more chibis in the future xD
Awwwww TT v TT
I know that my traditional art is better! I think so too! ; v ;
I've been enjoying chibi art a lot lately, so sure thing i will! Thank you! <333
Recruitment thread
Twitter
Art portfolio
Instagram

guzy
Regular

#10 Post by guzy »

I have to agree, amazing chibis xD

E é legal ver uma artista brasileira por aqui, não vejo muitos brasileiros envolvidos no processo de criação de visual novels. Espero ver um projeto com a sua arte por aqui no futuro xD

Sayuui
Regular

Re: Sayuui's art thread! 2019 update

#11 Post by Sayuui »

2019 update!
Recruitment thread
Twitter