K's Sketchbook [Feedbacks/Suggestions/Requests welcome~]

Art threads specific to a single artist.
K-Seki
Tumblr: kiseki-kojin

K's Sketchbook [Feedbacks/Suggestions/Requests welcome~]

#1 Post by K-Seki »

Hello!

What's up, guys?
After lurking a while here *cough* I've finally lost my marbles and decided to try posting omgPEOOOOOOPLE!! oAo.
I haven't gone full swing into VNs as of now, but I hope to when I get some free time.
I like drawing characters, but I take quite some time to get them done these days--- work. OTL
I'm looking forward to when the load lightens. </3
I hope I'll be able to draw for some of you once the whirlwind dies. XD

For now, I'll post a few things I've done. ^^
I'm always open for suggestions and feedback.
Roleplay characters for Atlas World (FB). Dated 2015.

Youtaite (HH group). Dated 2016.

By request. 2016.

Commissioned art. Jan 2017

Ah, I can freely sketch character concepts during break, so if there's some way I can help with your character designs, please let me know~ :)

This is all for now, guys~ seeyaz! /please don't bite me D:
Last edited by K-Seki on Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:19 pm, edited 7 times in total.

K-Seki

Re: K's Art Thread (Sort of.)

#2 Post by K-Seki »

Here's the Sketchbook, aka: Stuff that are waiting to be finished.

When you finalize and it looks different from the draft. Haha.
/Uhhh-- somehow, these pictures are enclosed in spoiler tags since they're huge AF-- it may be me, but is it working? Q _ Q)// Herrupu~

robovelociraptor
Regular
Deviantart: robovelociraptor

#3 Post by robovelociraptor »

Welcome to Lemmasoft!! ^^

Your art is really lovely... you have such a good grasp of dynamism and color! Your composition is also nice, as a result, a lot of your drawings have a nice flow to them~ How long have you been drawing for?

(I didn't even know it was possible to stick images in spoilers lol, but they work for me. Actually, it looks kinda cool? I like it.)

Pikachewy99
Projects: FAE Simulator
Tumblr: nazzledazzleandwolfwolf
Deviantart: Pikachewy99

#4 Post by Pikachewy99 »

Your art is really, really nice, K-Seki! ( *ˊᵕˋ)
The colors, shading, lines, everything... Literal art goals.

I'm new here myself, but you're braver than me, posting an art thread. I was too scared to because I was intimidated by how good everyone else was. xD But really, all your stuff is super nice, and I hope you're having a good day!

K-Seki

#5 Post by K-Seki »

robovelociraptor wrote:Welcome to Lemmasoft!! ^^

Your art is really lovely... you have such a good grasp of dynamism and color! Your composition is also nice, as a result, a lot of your drawings have a nice flow to them~ How long have you been drawing for?

(I didn't even know it was possible to stick images in spoilers lol, but they work for me. Actually, it looks kinda cool? I like it.)
I'm glad. I'm aware that I still have some way to go before my art can be VN ready XD at the least, I could try to make these characters look alive.

I've been drawing for a long time, just not continuously. I can't say when exactly. Haha.

Pikachewy99 wrote:Your art is really, really nice, K-Seki! ( *ˊᵕˋ)
The colors, shading, lines, everything... Literal art goals.

I'm new here myself, but you're braver than me, posting an art thread. I was too scared to because I was intimidated by how good everyone else was. xD But really, all your stuff is super nice, and I hope you're having a good day!
I'm just as intimidated, tbh. XD Everyone here's got experience with VNs, I crai. I hope I'll be able to learn a thing or two. I hope you're having a great day, too! :)

Youtaite avatar once more - still in the works. Trying to redeem myself from the last batch (they didn't have the details and shadows properly done).

NialGrenville
Regular
Projects: PaS: The Awakening; The Heart Woods; The Witch and the Fairy
Organization: Gabe Works, Inc.

#6 Post by NialGrenville »

I like how 2/3 of your gals are gravity defying. :lol:

In all seriousness, the style reminds me of Kingdom Hearts. (Which I have a love-hate relationship with)

It has lots of flow, looks real natural, an a little over simplified. Which can work really well with quite a few VN's, and 2D fighters (BlazBlue, and others). It's a gorgeous simplification, and I rate you an 9/10
*Me*, *You, ***Calamazoo: *Singularity-A.I.*: *Proceed to processing
PaS: The Awakening, current status: 42%
The HeartWoods, current status: 0%
The Wonderful Mell! My PFI creator Honest Critique

K-Seki

#7 Post by K-Seki »

NialGrenville wrote:I like how 2/3 of your gals are gravity defying. :lol:

In all seriousness, the style reminds me of Kingdom Hearts. (Which I have a love-hate relationship with)

It has lots of flow, looks real natural, an a little over simplified. Which can work really well with quite a few VN's, and 2D fighters (BlazBlue, and others). It's a gorgeous simplification, and I rate you an 9/10
Thank you very much! >_< I agree, sometimes the characters I draw have very simple designs. Thank you very much for the feedback. :D I never thought my style would resemble KH haha.
Last edited by K-Seki on Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

K-Seki

#8 Post by K-Seki »

Update: done with these! I'm getting another one done, before I work on different backgrounds. I'll share them here as well. :) As usual, suggestions, feedback, requests (as long as you're not in a hurry) are welcome. I would like to know if my current style may have some hope for VN work in the future, too. /o/ It's a little challenge since almost every commission I've gotten were shounen in nature.

Update: 01-11-2017
Third avatar almost done. Just making some changes to the shirt color, since that green is putting me off for some reason. Haha.

personal series: Ayakashi Refrain on Tapas || active commissioned manga: 3 || VNs in progress: 1 (hiatus)

K-Seki

#9 Post by K-Seki »

Had to change the undershirt color for the third avatar. Finished it today, off to make backgrounds next. ^^

personal series: Ayakashi Refrain on Tapas || active commissioned manga: 3 || VNs in progress: 1 (hiatus)

K-Seki

Re: K's Sketchbook (Character Requests open)

#10 Post by K-Seki »

Lurking again. :) Updating stuff. I'm replacing my tablet for a new one (I guess it's called an upgrade haha). I thought I'd share what's been up.

I haven't finished Zephyr for the moment, since my new tablet's on its way. I've been experimenting with trying to color without much linework. I'm trying to improve just a little bit more. I'm open for suggestions, too! I'd like to draw everyone's characters sometime. ^^

xxmissarichanxx
Regular
Completed: Froot Basket Valentine, Devious
Projects: After-Party Chemistry, The Salaryman
Tumblr: xxmissarichanxx
Deviantart: xxmissarichanxx
itch: xxmissarichanxx

#11 Post by xxmissarichanxx »

You have really pretty and colorful work! I think you'd make really nice sprites and CGs for VNs. I really like the way you color, and I love your style as well!
In the future, can I consider you for doing CG work? :'D Or can you teach me? lol...

K-Seki

#12 Post by K-Seki »

xxmissarichanxx wrote:You have really pretty and colorful work! I think you'd make really nice sprites and CGs for VNs. I really like the way you color, and I love your style as well!
In the future, can I consider you for doing CG work? :'D Or can you teach me? lol...
That gives me hope. Q u Q I'll keep trying to improve!
Of course! I'll keep a spot for you. :D I'll also be glad to help whenever I can!

King-sama
Veteran
Deviantart: Treepastry

#13 Post by King-sama »

Loves the simple background! But, why there's a shark in the dessert anyways? lol

Anyubel
Regular
Projects: Project Miasma
Deviantart: AnyuBel

#14 Post by Anyubel »

These look super pretty and the poses are really full of life (especially the third and fourth guy, much love)

K-Seki

Re: K's Sketchbook

#15 Post by K-Seki »

It's been a while since I've dropped by (ahhhh busy). Still leveling out the remaining pile of work, but here's what I've been up to! :) These avatars a bit rushed, though.
Attachments
19621351_809223469240004_5439054029011443302_o.png.jpg
Mezu-resized.png
Alfi-resized.png
Kupo-resized2.png
Ori-resized.png
Akemi-resized.png
Yukari-resized2.png