"Finished" my menu background!

Art threads specific to a single artist.
R4dHatter

"Finished" my menu background!

#1 Post by R4dHatter »

Just thought I'd share it - I'm going to come back and change it at a later date because I'm not happy with the animation, grainy textures & shading, but it'll do for now. Made this from scratch in paint.net then animated it Vegas 13. Planning on putting the menu buttons over the big empty space toward the left hand side. Let me know what you think so far!

Lodratio
Regular
Projects: S P H I N X

Re: "Finished" my menu background!

#2 Post by Lodratio »

Pretty good. I'd make the sun a bit brighter, have some hue variations going from yellow-white over orange to red and add a bit of bloom, but don't be too perfectionistic. As far as art goes, there's a pretty clear skillcap to what you can do at any one time without every background, sprite and menu turning into a huge timesink, so keep moving at a reasonable pace and accept things for what they are.

R4dHatter

#3 Post by R4dHatter »

Lodratio wrote:Pretty good. I'd make the sun a bit brighter, have some hue variations going from yellow-white over orange to red and add a bit of bloom, but don't be too perfectionistic. As far as art goes, there's a pretty clear skillcap to what you can do at any one time without every background, sprite and menu turning into a huge timesink, so keep moving at a reasonable pace and accept things for what they are.
Thanks for the feedback! When I go back to it i'll have a go at improving it as you said, working on the hues & brightness etc. but yeah, it's taken a while to do so I'll work on something else in the meantime. I'm planning on having others produce most of my art where possible so I don't mind sinking some time into bigger stuff like this, but I definitely get where you're coming from!

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#4 Post by Taleweaver »

Moved to Personal Art Threads.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift