[Lunarisse] Help me build my portfolio! Critiques too pls!

Art threads specific to a single artist.
Lunarisse*
Deviantart: Lunarisse

Re: [Lunarisse] Help me build my portfolio! Critiques too pl

#16 Post by Lunarisse* »

Limabaen wrote:
Lunarisse* wrote: Anyway, here's your guy...kind messed up because I forgot the thing in his clothes...
Thank you so much for drawing him! He looks great! Don't worry about the outfit, I forget my own oc's details all the time haha.
Lunarisse* wrote:Could you show it to me please? And is it bad?
Your colouring is definitely not bad! There's just several stylistic choices I think you could make that would make it better is all.
Here's a (rather sloppy) edit:
New canvas.jpg
I could have made the contrast more distinct, but tried to stick to your style as much as possible
- I upped the saturation of his shirt
- Added a grey-brown to his pants
- Made the shadows on his skin more prominent
- Added a light source

Is there a particular style you're aiming for? As you can probably see, I'm a fan of vivid colours, and that'd be a problem if you were aiming for something, say, soft and pastel-ly.
Thank you so much for the tip! I'll keep this in mind.
I'm still thinking of pastel too because that would be definitely a pain. I just want a vivid cel shaded style like those in anime. ;A;

pigionsdeliver
Regular
Projects: SSWK, TWA, SDS: The Tail Makes the Fox
itch: pigionsdeliver

#17 Post by pigionsdeliver »

Lunarisse* wrote:Thank you so much for the references. I will check them out! For now, here's Anzu. Hope you like my art ;A;
OH my it is delightful, I love it! I showed it to the Director for the game and she says it's AMAZE too ehehe... ah here is the twitter for it. Sorry, I can't offer you any more advice since art isn't my forte but it's so nice to see how much great advice everyone is offering.
Ah, but one thing I realised was that perhaps practicing CGs can help you get better at comic arrangments and such. I've seen CGs that use a comic layout with multiple panels to portray one or more scenes. They are very cool and dynamic. I wish I could find an example but I can't remember where I saw it :? . They are a little more work but perhaps you can try that out and get the practice you need while making some cash doing CGs.

I wish you the best with working towards getting better at art so you can make your own comics one day!

Lunarisse*

#18 Post by Lunarisse* »

pigionsdeliver wrote:
Lunarisse* wrote:Thank you so much for the references. I will check them out! For now, here's Anzu. Hope you like my art ;A;
OH my it is delightful, I love it! I showed it to the Director for the game and she says it's AMAZE too ehehe... ah here is the twitter for it. Sorry, I can't offer you any more advice since art isn't my forte but it's so nice to see how much great advice everyone is offering.
Ah, but one thing I realised was that perhaps practicing CGs can help you get better at comic arrangments and such. I've seen CGs that use a comic layout with multiple panels to portray one or more scenes. They are very cool and dynamic. I wish I could find an example but I can't remember where I saw it :? . They are a little more work but perhaps you can try that out and get the practice you need while making some cash doing CGs.

I wish you the best with working towards getting better at art so you can make your own comics one day!
I'm glad you liked it! Just in case you want a bigger resolution, you can always pm me about it. ^^

I would probably do 1-2 cgs first then I'll try opening an art shop here, maybe next week (as I'm currently finishing a commission right now). Hopefully, someone will hire me. >A<

Lunarisse*

#19 Post by Lunarisse* »

After a week I finally finished this!
It's a commission from deviantart. :)
He's supposed to have a golden yellowish skin.