Is my character art good enough? (please critique)

Art threads specific to a single artist.
mikolajspy
Regular
Completed: Too many, check signature
Deviantart: mikolajspy

Re: Is my character art good enough? (please critique)

#31 Post by mikolajspy »

Steamgirl wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:42 am just wanted to say I like the trees in the Earth-chan picture
Actually, the trees in that image are just default "brush" asset from Clip Studio Paint :(
I'll have to start drawing nature on my own one day...
Steamgirl wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:42 am In the latest picture, the shading on the thighs is really nice and the hair looks flowy - like the girl jumped and is on the way back down. :)
Thank you! This is exactly what I wanted to draw - happy jump :D

mikolajspy
Regular

#32 Post by mikolajspy »

It's been some time, I don't have as much time as I'd like to practice drawing, but here's something I drew recently I'm happy with :D

Fullbody sprite practice. I tried sketch with soft/cel-shading.
29.jpg

mikolajspy
Regular

#33 Post by mikolajspy »

I tried some cute chibi with different lineart and coloring/shading style. I know it's not perfect, but any feedback will be appreciated!
12.jpg

runeraccoon
Veteran
itch: runeraccoon

#34 Post by runeraccoon »

mikolajspy wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:54 pm I tried some cute chibi with different lineart and coloring/shading style. I know it's not perfect, but any feedback will be appreciated!
12.jpg
Looks really nice! I can't even make my chibis that good lmao. The shading on the hair looks totally superb. The shading on the skin can look sharper, because it's really small.

Depending on the type of chibi, you might want to make the neck look smaller so that it's more proportional to the body instead of to the head. For the curve of the body, sometimes it can be less pronounced for a cute look, or even more pronounced for a personalized look.

Keep it up!

mikolajspy
Regular

#35 Post by mikolajspy »

runeraccoon wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:56 pm Looks really nice! I can't even make my chibis that good lmao. The shading on the hair looks totally superb. The shading on the skin can look sharper, because it's really small.

Depending on the type of chibi, you might want to make the neck look smaller so that it's more proportional to the body instead of to the head. For the curve of the body, sometimes it can be less pronounced for a cute look, or even more pronounced for a personalized look.

Keep it up!
Thanks!
I felt like there's something wrong with neck part. I rarely draw chibi, so I'll have to look at more references I guess, I keep forgetting about referencing when I draw.

runeraccoon
Veteran
itch: runeraccoon

#36 Post by runeraccoon »

mikolajspy wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:09 am Thanks!
I felt like there's something wrong with neck part. I rarely draw chibi, so I'll have to look at more references I guess, I keep forgetting about referencing when I draw.
Yup, the neck can do without extra details. Just remember to make it more proportional to the body instead of head. As for references, just draw what you think is right. ^^

mikolajspy
Regular

#37 Post by mikolajspy »

Soooo.... I've been practicing post-process compositing in order to achieve that real anime-like feel in my art. Still a long way to go, but I'm happy with first results.
Background is comissioned art from my first game, Jake's Love Story.

Any feedback, as always, will be appreciated!
TestAnimeComp.png