Character designs thoughts?

Art threads specific to a single artist.
Rhea07
Projects: Shadowed Hearts
Organization: BlueBird Studio
Deviantart: Eternal--art

Character designs thoughts?

#1 Post by Rhea07 »

I'm working on my first (fantasy) visual novel, Shadowed Hearts, and I'm starting to slowly work on drawing my characters. Lucia is the main character and I just sketched her out. Was wondering if it looks good so far. Any comment is appreciated and I will also post more sketches when done.
Attachments
image.jpg

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

Re: Character designs thoughts?

#2 Post by SundownKid »

It seems pretty competent to me. The whole scar over one eye thing is the only thing that stands out to me as a somewhat cliched character design trait.

Watch out with the name, you will get a lot of people confusing your game for Shadow Hearts, a well known series of RPGs if you were a gamer back in the PS2 era.

Rhea07

#3 Post by Rhea07 »

SundownKid wrote:It seems pretty competent to me. The whole scar over one eye thing is the only thing that stands out to me as a somewhat cliched character design trait.

Watch out with the name, you will get a lot of people confusing your game for Shadow Hearts, a well known series of RPGs if you were a gamer back in the PS2 era.
Yeah, I see what you man by that haha. Thank you for your input!

And wow, I had never heard of that game before. ^^; I'll keep that fact in mind.

LateWhiteRabbit
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: The Space Between

#4 Post by LateWhiteRabbit »

Rhea07 wrote: And wow, I had never heard of that game before. ^^; I'll keep that fact in mind.
It's actually a popular series that includes 3 games. It was the first thing I thought of when I read your game title as well. And I think your character design is distinct, but it does superficially resemble one of the main characters from the Shadow Hearts 2 game.

Rhea07

#5 Post by Rhea07 »

LateWhiteRabbit wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:43 pm
Rhea07 wrote: And wow, I had never heard of that game before. ^^; I'll keep that fact in mind.
It's actually a popular series that includes 3 games. It was the first thing I thought of when I read your game title as well. And I think your character design is distinct, but it does superficially resemble one of the main characters from the Shadow Hearts 2 game.
Oh wow, can't believe I haven't heard of the game before. I'll certainly reconsider the name, but for now, I'll just leave it as it is. ^^

Nekonomicon
Deviantart: Nek0n0mic0n

#6 Post by Nekonomicon »

She looks cool! I love the design, it's very fantasy as well which is awesome :D
Hmm, as for advice, she has metal armour on her legs? It might be worth adding some metal armour to her arms/somewhere above the waist, to bring things together ^^