- Posts: 5
- Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:31 pm
- Projects: webcomic : Chronicles of Esteria (WIP)
- Location: Belgium
I've been lurking about the game devving part of these forums for years now and a friend gave me a gentle push in the back to finally make an account and join the forums.
I'm not quite familiar with this scene (aside from following how games progressed until release) So I'm not sure if my art is suitable enough to open commissions here, get in on collaborations for some of my favourite game genres or if I need to change anything. So I'm opening a little "what do you think" thread as my first thread.
- Lemma-Class Veteran
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:50 pm
- Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
- Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
- Organization: Fastermind Games
- Deviantart: sundownkid
- Location: NYC
You will easily be able to do commissions for character art though. There is some room for improvement, particularly in regards to, again, fine detail and maybe some proportions, but it's definitely within the threshold of "people will pay money for it".
- Posts: 321
- Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:39 am
- Completed: My Cup of Coffee, Queen at Arms (co-wrote a battle scene)
- Projects: Stranded Hearts, Emma: A Lady's Maid
- Deviantart: steamgirlgame
The backgrounds are a bit rough but I think the painterly style could work pretty well. It reminds me a bit of Jacob's Island (here's a link to their (sadly unsuccessful) Kickstarter page). Very sad they went on hiatus after the Kickstarter, the demo is REALLY good imho.
Somehow I get the feeling you'd be really good at CGs, even though none of the art you've shown is "complete" enough to be a CG.
If you're interested in having a stab at making a CG or a background for Stranded Hearts feel free to PM me. ^_^
- Posts: 60
- Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:47 pm
- Projects: Magical Disarray (WIP)
- Organization: Ibitz Visual Novels
- Deviantart: http://ibitz.deviant
- itch: ibitz
Users browsing this forum: No registered users