Feedback for handsome butler

Art threads specific to a single artist.
morinoir
Regular
itch: blackpepper

Re: Feedback for handsome butler

#16 Post by morinoir »

Ooohh awesome job, Steamgirl! The finished version looks wonderful!

I still have some suggestions that you may want to consider next time you draw another character. Looking at the full body drawing of him makes me realize that his body from waist below is unnaturally long. Learning anatomy takes time, but if you can nail on anatomy, your drawing will guaranteed to look good, even without coloring. Also, where did the chain of his monocle goes to??

There are many things that can be improved, but don't discourage and keep practicing! Looking forward to see more from you! ^^

sasquatchii
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: A Day in the Life of a Slice of Bread
Deviantart: sasquatchix
Soundcloud: sasquatchii
itch: sasquatchii

#17 Post by sasquatchii »

He looks so professional and sleek!! It's inspiring to see how much you've improved him. Just curious: is this just for practice, or are you planning on using him for something?
ImageImage

Steamgirl
Veteran
Completed: My Cup of Coffee, Queen at Arms (co-wrote a battle scene)
Projects: Stranded Hearts, Emma: A Lady's Maid
Deviantart: steamgirlgame

#18 Post by Steamgirl »

@morinoir
Oops, you are right morinoir! The chain is gone for some reason! :)

You know, I had a feeling all throughout that his legs looked too long, but whenever I ran a proportional comparison against other otome game art, mine actually came out shorter than most of my reference?! How weird is that? I think there's something about his waist or jacket or something that makes it look a little off. I think next time I'll listen to my instincts more and shorten the legs (to anatomically correct legs = upper body length, perhaps) if it feels like they are waaaay too long like with this guy. At the end of the day, if his legs had been as long as his upper torso, I think he'd still look "otoge" enough, and the illusion of long legs would probably have been preserved. Since I'm going to fix the chain and add expressions, maybe I'll shorten his legs a bit too while I'm at it! Thanks for pointing that out!!

@sasquatchii
This was just for practice, but I think I'll do something short with this guy. Maybe one of those "pet boyfriend" style games, where you interact a few times a day, and unlock a couple of short scenes. Dunno. Another idea I had (gets me laughing every time) is a game with him to help motivate to do pelvic floor exercises!! Squeeze ten times and by the end of it he's all blushing and can't take no more!! Silly waste of a character, I know, but women gotta do those kegels!! :lol: :lol: :lol: