Miza's Drawings

Art threads specific to a single artist.
Miza
Projects: Nila Dhuma, Connected Hearts (VN)
Deviantart: miza-chi

Miza's Drawings

#1 Post by Miza »

Hi everyone,

I opened this to show all of you my "art" to recive some kind of feedback, critique, or simple thoughts, everything is pretty much appreciated.

Right now I've limited myself to draw sprites because I'm still not that good at drawing backgrounds so doing CG aren't still my thing yet, so yeah... :roll:

Image - This one is a gif :v

- Unfinished -

- Simple Illustrations (kinda?) -

Thank you all for your time and I hope all of you are having a good day. :D

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

Re: Miza's Drawings

#2 Post by SundownKid »

The designs look solid for the most part. I think the nose-less style could be an issue if you're trying to give your art mass appeal though. Personally, I think it makes the art look "cheaper" overall because it reminds me of a quick flash animation style and the faces just feel less detailed and appealing than the rest of the body. And in an art style where people already have "sameface" due to its simplicity, getting rid of something that can be used to tell people's faces apart just makes them look even samier.

Miza
Projects: Nila Dhuma, Connected Hearts (VN)
Deviantart: miza-chi

#3 Post by Miza »

SundownKid wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:46 am The designs look solid for the most part. I think the nose-less style could be an issue if you're trying to give your art mass appeal though. Personally, I think it makes the art look "cheaper" overall because it reminds me of a quick flash animation style and the faces just feel less detailed and appealing than the rest of the body. And in an art style where people already have "sameface" due to its simplicity, getting rid of something that can be used to tell people's faces apart just makes them look even samier.
Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it.
And I'm sorry for this late reply, I just didn't want to come back without anything new :oops:

I don't know about the nose thing tho, I just did it that way because I liked xD. For some reason I thought that the circle like head would be weirder than not having a nose. Or maybe in general just looks weird :lol:

Changing the subject, lately I've been practicing in photoshop a little bit and just wanted to share what I have done so far.

And again any feedback, critique, or simple thoughts are pretty much appreciatted. Thank you everyone for your time. :D

runeraccoon
Veteran
itch: runeraccoon

#4 Post by runeraccoon »

Those looks very nice!

I love the rendering of color in your first samples, but I have to agree that the look with noses are more appealing to me. Especially the seventh from the top, the magician girl. Beautiful.

The last three in painting/semi-realism style looks very nice and gloomy, setting the right(?) mood right at the first glance. Awesome.

I'd suggest you study how your favorite artists render the values (give shading/lighting) of the noses they drew, though. Right now, they look defined but a little out of place (except for the first clown, the up front nose. Awesome.)

Also loving the swag cat-rock band! Like modern take of Bremen? xD