Art threads specific to a single artist.
- Posts: 264
- Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:06 pm
- Projects: Our Mountain
- Organization: Ostrich Burger Productions
- IRC Nick: Neeka
- itch: neeka
Hello everyone! I bought Blue Forest's RPG sprite pack ages ago and don't want them to go to waste. I was thinking of having an artist edit them slightly, mainly the hair and face. Do you think it's a good idea? I like the overall look of the clothing and bodies.
- Posts: 162
- Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:55 am
- Deviantart: pepapen
I wonder why did you think it's not a good idea? If changing the face or other part of the sprite will make it more suitable with your story, go for it.
A team of professional illustrator available for commercial project.
Discord : morinoir(#1034)
Email : morinoirblackforrest
Ko-fi : http://ko-fi.com/morinoir
- Posts: 73
- Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 4:04 pm
- Tumblr: puppetbomb
Production artists are often asked to match styles of pre existing concepts/assets. As long as they can follow the style, this is a perfectly viable (and cheaper) option.
- Posts: 70
- Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:50 am
- Completed: this was for you. [NaNoRenO 19], Acetylene [AceJam19], Ah!! My Roommate is a Succubus Hellbent on World [MonJam 18], I Don't Have A Clue [QRMJam 18], Cautionary Tale [NaNoRenO 18], OP Dodge Cross [GGJ 18], Acetone [AceJam 18]
- Projects: I'm a love interest in my childhood friend's reverse harem!!
- Organization: Watercress
- itch: Drazillion
Unless the rules of the pack say modification isn't allowed (which I doubt but just in case), I'd say go for it. If you like these sprites enough to decide to use them, why not modify them to be even closer to your vision? It will also make them more unique compared to other games which use the same pack.
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:57 pm
- Projects: I am working on something, dunno about how to name it yet.
- Location: Earth
If the term of uses allow modification, i dont see why no?
I mean if the artist is skillided on editing it, then it should no be noticeable it was edited. But since is a resource used by a lot of people i do suggest modification so your game does not look too generic.
- Writing Maniac
- Posts: 3428
- Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:51 am
- Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
- Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
- Organization: Tall Tales Productions
- Location: Germany
Moved to Personal Art threads.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira
- Lemma-Class Veteran
- Posts: 2690
- Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:05 am
- Location: Your monitor
If the terms do not allow modification, you can still do what you want. Simply draw the parts you want to change, and use code to show them above the unmodified sprite.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.
Actually finish a project
Users browsing this forum: No registered users