Hamu's Art Thread: CRITIQUES ARE WELCOMED!

Art threads specific to a single artist.
hamu_co
Completed: Signs of Life Demo (https://watercress.itch.io/signs-of-life-demo)
Discord: hamu#4948

Hamu's Art Thread: CRITIQUES ARE WELCOMED!

#1 Post by hamu_co »

Hey, I'm pretty new to posting on this forum, but I've been lurking around for a while. I'm pretty interested in getting involved with making VNs (otome/BL), but for now I'm very focused on improving my art and getting new skillsets.
Attachments
tappycat.jpg
headshots.jpg
adraft.jpg
alchemistandhercat.jpg

ComputerArt.Club
Veteran
Completed: Famous Fables, BoPoMoFo: Learn Chinese, Santa's workshop, Cat's Bath, Computer Art Club

Re: Hamu's Art Thread: CRITIQUES ARE WELCOMED!

#2 Post by ComputerArt.Club »

I think they are nice enough though still very sketchy. Time to take the sketches to the next level, clean them up, get rid of unnecessary and overlapping lines, fix anything that looks odd anatomically, spend more time on painting them.

It feels to me like you lack the motivation to put in the time to polish your work, unless you are holding back pictures of your finished works for some reason. You probably have the skills, or you could probably develop the skills that you need easily enough, more that you just need something to push you. That's not easy and I can understand that. People don't want to invest too much effort into something that they feel might be pointless. You'll need to push through that though if you want to get to the next level of producing polished finished works in an efficient and reliable manner.