Art Thread || Looking for critique

Art threads specific to a single artist.
Wijetron
Projects: The Lights of The Forest, Pathway to Stardom

Art Thread || Looking for critique

#1 Post by Wijetron »

SinaAzad
Veteran
IRC Nick: SinaAzad
Deviantart: sinaazad
Soundcloud: Sina_Azad

Re: Art Thread || Looking for critique

#2 Post by SinaAzad »

hello hello, so what type of critique are you looking for? do you have any finished works that you can show as well? it will be easier to critique if you provide these two.

generally, the more information you put down for us, the more of a useful critique you will get.
I am very proud to be a part of this generous, nice and friendly community!
but please, don't go around telling people that their work is somehow off! thats not how critique works!
Mainly a C# Programmer

My drawings:

Wijetron
Projects: The Lights of The Forest, Pathway to Stardom

#3 Post by Wijetron »

SinaAzad wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:47 am hello hello, so what type of critique are you looking for? do you have any finished works that you can show as well? it will be easier to critique if you provide these two.

generally, the more information you put down for us, the more of a useful critique you will get.
Right now I'm just trying to get critique on my anatomy/general figure, not really the colors.

SinaAzad
Veteran
IRC Nick: SinaAzad
Deviantart: sinaazad
Soundcloud: Sina_Azad

#4 Post by SinaAzad »

Okay, here I go....
First of all, know that anatomy is not the best subject for me, but with what I know, I made a fast redline/sketch and I came up with the following:

I think you have a good general understanding of the sizes, the character doesn't look too tall or short.
I can also see that you have tried to add curves to it and also draw it in a way that's not stiff... pretty good start to b honest.
but there are some things you could fix to make it look better, for example, the arms are a little bit too long, they are not wrong tho, better say they are a bit longer than the perfect size?
one more thing I can add is the ribcage, I've tried to show you how it should look before it reaches the curve in the waist.
and my last suggestion would be less short lines, draw strong, confident lines. ( I mean unless you are just sketching something really fast to work on top of it)

but all in all good work, hope to see better works from you every day.
Attachments
carmen_Drawing.png
I am very proud to be a part of this generous, nice and friendly community!
but please, don't go around telling people that their work is somehow off! thats not how critique works!
Mainly a C# Programmer

My drawings: