KimKat's Art

Art threads specific to a single artist.
KimKat
Tumblr: kimkatart

KimKat's Art

#1 Post by KimKat »

Hi everyone! I thought I'd share some of my work on here and get some feedback/critique! I've been on and off drawing for a while now, and it's been great to get back to it after a few years of not really drawing consistently. I spent a good 1+ year before this drafting a lot, so it didn't afford me a lot of time to draw for fun.

I've got a few ideas for VNs bouncing around in my head inspired by some old RPs I participated in way back when. If I do pursue it (which is still completely up in the air lol), I'll want to brush up on my portraits more. I got inspired by Fire Emblem Fates' style of portraits and ran with it more recently. I love it, but it takes a lot longer than I'd like still. OTL

For more of stuff, you can find it on tumblr (kimkatart) or IG (miss_curio). I still need to upload a lot of commissions I did over on Gaia Online onto my tumblr officially though.
Attachments
Random poses I sketched out but didn't follow through with recently... :D I do this a lot. LOL
Random poses I sketched out but didn't follow through with recently... :D I do this a lot. LOL
I got hit with a recent Animal Crossing nostalgia... I want to play again. ;A;
I got hit with a recent Animal Crossing nostalgia... I want to play again. ;A;
KimKatACShrunk.png (93.73 KiB) Viewed 762 times
Sketch commission with flats from Gaia Online
Sketch commission with flats from Gaia Online
WiP that I'm currently working on... I'm trying my hand at sprites with multiple expressions.
WiP that I'm currently working on... I'm trying my hand at sprites with multiple expressions.
Commission from Gaia Online that I ended up adding a quick blinking animation to as a bonus. Fairly happy with how it turned out.
Commission from Gaia Online that I ended up adding a quick blinking animation to as a bonus. Fairly happy with how it turned out.
Second attempt at a portrait... I keep messing with how I shade to try and get it right.
Second attempt at a portrait... I keep messing with how I shade to try and get it right.
The first time I tired the Fire Emblem stylized portraits... She was meant to be a character for a RP, but the RP never came to fruition. OTL
The first time I tired the Fire Emblem stylized portraits... She was meant to be a character for a RP, but the RP never came to fruition. OTL

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: KimKat's Art

#2 Post by Zelan »

I like your style! The clean lines are really nice, and you did a great job with the Fire Emblem style (good choice for your forum avatar)!