cedes' art thread // crit welcome!!

Art threads specific to a single artist.
cedes
Regular
itch: cedes

cedes' art thread // crit welcome!!

#1 Post by cedes »

Hey guys! I've been off and on o this forum and while I can't focus on making VNs right now, I can make some art and post them! They're more for doodling purposes and trying to stay active during boring RL things, but please feel free to critique and help me out with comments and etc!! It won't be the prettiest format or anything but I'll try to post when I can!

Critique is welcome, redlinging tips etc!! While my style is messily done cell shading, I keep trying to shfit to painting but it doens't feel quite right and I don't have the time to practice painting to my satisfaction yet OTL So any tips on that would be awesome as well!!

its a bit dated but here's a art dump to get an idea of my style!

morinoir
Regular
itch: blackpepper

Re: cedes' art thread // crit welcome!!

#2 Post by morinoir »

I think your work is very expressive and full of personality! I like how you experiment with uncommon skin color for your characters. As for improvement, aside from some miss on the anatomy, I think it'll be great if you could take more time in refining shapes in your drawing, like wings on those gloomy angel character. And maybe take more time on cleaning up your overall drawing. Then again, you mentioned that these drawings are doodles and the messiness is your style, so I'm not sure if my suggestion is helping or not. Is there any particular thing from your drawing that you want to improve?

cedes
Regular

#3 Post by cedes »

Thank you, I like to have fun with it haha! And yes, while messy is my usual style I've been trying to find a medium between that and cleaner lineworks, I jsut seem to struggle so much with getting the right lines, and then after lining not liking the end result, it always looks less lively and so I'm working on making things a bit more cleaner but not taking away the personality haha. And ah yes! I really need to do more referencing checking!! Wonky anatomy can be fun sometimes but other times I don't recognize it right away that I've broken an ankle or just go too far eek

And while there's plenty of things I want to work on (hands and backgrounds lol) I really need to study up on composition! I never really grasped how to make a good comp, I need to brush up on the basics of that, along with more backgrounds, I feel like that can help tie in my artwork more than just constantly drawing floating characters haha;;

AstralWire
Organization: Astral Wire Studios

#4 Post by AstralWire »

your art is so cute??? omg id love to play a vn with your art in it!! im not great at critique or stuff like that tho ;o;
Professional programmer with four years experience in the Video Game Industry.
Can't afford a programmer but have art skills? No problem! Check this out
Would you like Live2D animation for your sprites but are working on a limited budget? You can always negotiate with me.

cedes
Regular

#5 Post by cedes »

Thank you Astral Wire! One day I hope to have enough time to make a VN, I need to plan better though haha! And thanks for dropping in anyhow <3

First art of the New Year! Geeze it's been busy